A NOIR™ Production

Lusitan

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1328926666' post='2918110']

EDIT: Just to add that their Alliance forums were disconnected by their FREE HOSTING provider in december as it was not being used.
[/quote]

Their forums were hosted for free? !@#$, that changes everything

Hope the raid is worth the nukes

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1328925024' post='2918101']
Specific individuals kept telling GOONS how awful they were and shouldn't exist when GOONS did their NOIR application years back (when Salithus was leader!). It was actually pretty dumb that it came to that over a color sphere treaty, but that's certain alliances for you.
[/quote]
Indeed, and that experience soured us on it for some time. Later on we abstained from joining because of the no-raid-black stipulation.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1328913080' post='2917978']
Someone noticed at least. I think the last time this happen the nations were off the PC AA. If I recall correctly, Asgaard and Amazon Nation were the ones who stepped up last time. Now Asgaard are dead, and I doubt The Apparatus has enough capital to save the AA.
[/quote]

My opinion about that incident hasn't changed since then. These aren't new kids on the block, 30+ members and 2 million strength isn't typically tech raid fodder except when bored parties are bored and want to try and push the boundaries of decency and respect for other established alliances. For all intents and purposes, they're about as neutral as neutral can get--but it's fine and dandy to raid *that* neutral alliance? Not Creole? Grey Council? TDO? And so on?

Last time, AGW had folks who were able to communicate what was going on with us through other means. As this is still a relatively new development, I haven't heard from them yet, but have already sent notice to see what assistance they might need. I am hopeful that an amicable agreement can be reached quickly--and that it's recognized that AGW has the right to expect reparations for an unwarranted large scale attack on their long-established sovereignty.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1328911322' post='2917968']
Way to be the least classy alliance imaginable.

(In case someone hasn't noticed, [url=http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=AGW%20Overlords&anyallexact=exact]NG are mass-raiding AGW Overlords[/url].)
[/quote]

Look what they were wearing they were just begging to be raided.

Edited by Artigo

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1328920456' post='2918068']
No, Umbrella and GOONS were allied. Though in reality GOONS rejected NOIR more than anything.
[/quote]
I was the leader of a NOIR alliance (King of FCC) when GOONS applied, I'm not sure how GOONS applying for membership and getting rejected by most alliances there counts as GOONS rejecting NOIR. They tried to get in but were voted out in a bloc who was so light on letting people in everyone else I can think of was accepted other than GOONS.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1328933116' post='2918164']
I was the leader of a NOIR alliance (King of FCC) when GOONS applied, I'm not sure how GOONS applying for membership and getting rejected by most alliances there counts as GOONS rejecting NOIR. They tried to get in but were voted out in a bloc who was so light on letting people in everyone else I can think of was accepted other than GOONS.
[/quote]

Actually, I'm pretty sure the vote only failed by a few (I'm thinking 1 vote).

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1328933666' post='2918168']
Actually, I'm pretty sure the vote only failed by a few (I'm thinking 1 vote).
[/quote]
They were rejected without me even needing to submit a vote for a FCC, so I'm pretty sure there was a clear vote not to let them regardless without me even needing to say anything. It wasn't where one or two people changing their minds would of gotten GOONS in, the majority did not. Umbrella had just allied the newly reformed GOONS though, so they obviously wanted GOONS accepted, the rest saw no reason to view the new GOONS as better than the old GOONS despite Salithus claiming the new GOONS was completely different.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1328933116' post='2918164']
[/quote]
No, the GOONS representative was making an ass of himself (for example stating that they weren't going to join because of the no-raid-black rule) which was one of the essential elements of the treaty. Their application was a joke because they never wanted to join. Had they seriously wanted to be admitted, the detractors' nay votes (that this was just another old GOONS) wouldn't have been enough to stop their admission. That's partly why you never needed to vote. There was no vote to be had.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1328934575' post='2918172']
Who cares if GOONS liked or disliked NOIR, was head over heels in love with NOIR or wanted to kill it.... NOIR is dead and GOONS ain't.
[/quote]

Well I see someone found a new flock. Interesting choice. I hope it wasn't just because of Bassman :P

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1328926666' post='2918110']
I find it ironic that 4 years ago I was in an alliance of 30 members and alliances that size being raided was common practice.

They had no OTPs apart from NOIR which due to OP indicates that it was dissolved. No period of it remaining active was left.

If you look on their wiki, their government is not actually active, and in many cases even still around Bob. So in my eyes, while the AA is established, it, like many other older alliances is dead, with only a few inactives remaining.

EDIT: Just to add that their Alliance forums were disconnected by their FREE HOSTING provider in december as it was not being used.
[/quote]

You might be missing the real irony in that almost all the alliances that did that sort of thing 4 years ago have been... "forcibly" disbanded since then.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1328929661' post='2918130']
Most free hosting providers don't care if forums are active or not. But if they are inactive/not used for an extended period of time then that'd be why they were taken offline.
[/quote]

My understanding is they use a different set of forums to correspond with another world (OOC: CNTE). Not that you probably care in the slightest since I doubt this would have changed whether you raided them or not.

I believe what Zoom is saying here is that NOIR was an obstruction until they left, at which time NOIR ceased to be of any concern. Aaanyway...

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1328934575' post='2918172']
Who cares if GOONS liked or disliked NOIR, was head over heels in love with NOIR or wanted to kill it.... NOIR is dead and GOONS ain't.
[/quote]
:smug:

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1328935097' post='2918176']
Well I see someone found a new flock. Interesting choice. I hope it wasn't just because of Bassman :P
[/quote]
Hardly. I've chosen to retire from politics and government, and just embrace the role of a glorified tech peon in my twilight years. Bassman was a bonus, but lordtyrion was the gift. :v

*rocks back and forth in his rocking chair

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1328947200' post='2918212']
Hardly. I've chosen to retire from politics and government, and just embrace the role of a glorified tech peon in my twilight years. Bassman was a bonus, but lordtyrion was the gift. :v

*rocks back and forth in his rocking chair

[/quote]

Good ol' tech farm.

Also, you're too young to retire. Retirement age is going up these days. I thought you knew that, being part of the 99% inside of the 1% alliance :P.