Peace continues to reign

Salmia

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='johnathan buck' timestamp='1328894850' post='2917889']
BFF; Really cut it, you guys are making your bloc look like a bunch of pathetic idiotic children so why not stop it while you have the chance and just move on.
[/quote]

Let's be fair here it's Europa and an ex Fear guy making BFF's look worse then normal.

"checks if Lord Boris has made an more lame call out threads"

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1328879768' post='2917813']
I think you claim to much credit for yourself. In bi-polar yes you did exploit the circumstances after your dow on \m/. I don't believe for a moment however you planned and orchestrated the whole thing from the beginning, there are to many uncertainties in war for you to correctly predict how things would exactly fall. So short of being 70 year old gypsy fortune teller you couldn't possibly have predicted what would happen thereafter. You saw an opportunity "to get revenge" and took it. woohooo great for you short term. Look at the path your decision has forced your alliance to walk. You have brought about the most mediocre period in Polars history. As for your claim "that you have done more" I can't remember you doing anything well besides lying and you can clutch onto that crown while we and the rest of bob move forward.

You did well before Bi-Polar your right but that was built on Pacifca apathy, nevertheless you did have considerable influence, which only serves to exemplify why you are responsible for the biggest political blunder in modern times. We may have trusted you, that decision cost us one war from which we quickly recovered. Look where Polar is is now, alone on the battlefield for a second time in a year. Congratulations on your achievements.

As for the rest, save your clichéd opinions for your peace of mind they are lost on me.
[/quote]

You believe as you wish. I attacked \m/ because I wanted to attack \m/. I was content to do so without any help from anyone. I was more than content for the whole thing to stay very localized. Your/TOPs involvement was not a factor in the initial DoW. Maybe however it wasn't that hard to see what was happening past that point. Your actions were kind of very predictable, you always were an opportunist bunch.

I either betrayed you or I didn't. You always want to have a foot in each camp, one one side Grub is evil and on the other I didn't do anything. I will take either version but not a combination of the two. My official version has always been the same, I did absolutely nothing. To some extent I am more content with that. Your failure to take responsibility for your on actions has been a long term position. Nothing that happened to you could have happened without your direct involvement.

However, I fully understand the position Polaris is in because of my actions. I didn't expect things to pan out exactly as they did, but at least I had a shot at something. Yes the cost is well over the reward, but the potential was much much greater at the time. You on the other hand are hardly very original, there is much to be said for your case really. It is far safer to take the course you have.

As for the future, who honestly cares at this late stage, is there much of a future left? I am sure you can make a case both ways, but I don't think there is a lingering investment being made therefore the lights go out at some stage.

Have fun.

[quote name='fluffyewunga' timestamp='1328901403' post='2917925']
Let's be fair here it's Europa and [b]an ex Fear guy[/b] making BFF's look worse then normal.

"checks if Lord Boris has made an more lame call out threads"
[/quote]

Yeah, Robster is making us look rather bad. :P

Seriously though, let's just let this thread die. It's clear that losing a war changed neither UPN nor Cora's attitudes. Next time we'll have to remember that when we're deciding not to charge reparations.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1328902357' post='2917929']Your actions were kind of very predictable, you always were an opportunist bunch.[/quote]

They were an opportunistic bunch for joining a war that was at best a draw, and at worst a sizable disadvantage?

Phew, darn school work keeping me from finding the time to get on and now I'm already late to the party.
Anyways o/ UPN and o/ to all our enemies and thanks for a great fight, especially SNAFU, you feisty little vixen. :smug:
[size="1"]Ps: Call me[/size]

Edited by Dohnutninja1337

[quote name='Indian Bob' timestamp='1328903639' post='2917933']
They were an opportunistic bunch for joining a war that was at best a draw, and at worst a sizable disadvantage?
[/quote]

So would you say then that it was a stupid decision by TOP to enter the war in the first place, when the best possible outcome was a draw?

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1328902871' post='2917931']
Yeah, Robster is making us look rather bad. :P

Seriously though, let's just let this thread die. It's clear that losing a war changed neither UPN nor Cora's attitudes. Next time we'll have to remember that when we're deciding not to charge reparations.
[/quote]

heh... Charging reps will hardly change anyone's attitude. In fact, charging reps could very well make those who charge them look even more pathetic.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1328915854' post='2918011']
heh... Charging reps will hardly change anyone's attitude. In fact, charging reps could very well make those who charge them look even more pathetic.
[/quote]

We aren't in it to change their attitudes. It's a respect thing, even if you have to fake it. When we lost to ODN and Sparta, we did so with dignity. We didn't try the angle of "Yeah you'd better give us white peace", even though that's what we were thinking deep down. When you lose a war, you can be pissed off all you want, but insulting the victorious party (and I understand we had overwhelming odds) doesn't make you look any better.

At the same time, insulting the losing party makes the victorious look awful as well, and for my part in that, I apologize.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1328916775' post='2918019']
We aren't in it to change their attitudes. It's a respect thing, even if you have to fake it. When we lost to ODN and Sparta, we did so with dignity. We didn't try the angle of "Yeah you'd better give us white peace", even though that's what we were thinking deep down. When you lose a war, you can be pissed off all you want, but insulting the victorious party (and I understand we had overwhelming odds) doesn't make you look any better.

At the same time, insulting the losing party makes the victorious look awful as well, and for my part in that, I apologize.
[/quote]

Robster was merely the one responding to your prodding, as even you point out. It's pretty low to be cutting the loser down like that. Furthermore-you keep saying you are going to let this thread die, how about actually doing so?

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1328911920' post='2917972']
So would you say then that it was a stupid decision by TOP to enter the war in the first place, when the best possible outcome was a draw?
[/quote]

Smart or stupid, the one thing you can't call it was opportunistic. Calculating maybe...if they thought it was the best they'd be able to get in terms of odds, but it was hardly a grand opportunity that was gleefully seized.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1328916775' post='2918019']

[/quote]

Sorry, misunderstood what you were attempting to state since you discussed their attitudes. As for respect, frankly, I agree but that goes both ways as you stated later on.