From A King To An Empress

Ael Aluciz

[i][quote]From: King Ael'iyon Trevan Nahali of Xendria
To: Empress Maria Theresia of Amazonia

Dear Maria Theresia,

First and foremost, excuse my informality. I've never been very good with speaking formally.

I write to you asking for your help. I am sure you know quite a lot more about ruling a nation than I, as my mother died without warning and left me a brand new nation. My own people don't believe in my ability to rule, and this worries me. I fear they may be right, and so I took a chance and here I am, writing to you. I'm not sure how to establish relations with other nations, who to avoid angering, and how to keep the people happy. It's something of a nightmare for me to not know something- I was rather proud less than a week go of all I knew. Now, though, it's as if I know nothing.

I am willing, if you wish, to meet with you, or we can speak via written correspondence. I know you are busy, and so I would really appreciate any time you took out of your day to reply to me.

Sincerely, Ael'iyon Nahali[/quote][/i]

[quote]
[b]To: King Ael'iyon Trevan Nahali of Xendria

[i]Ael'iyon,

I have read only recently of your coming to power in the nation of Xendria. Both myself and my husband are pleased that the Middle East is once again teeming with new life and nations wanting to prosper on the world stage. You did well in writing to me about the hardships of statecraft, but in today's age, when peace in Asia is not only established but eternal, there is no better time then to take your destiny and make it grow. I am not much of a teacher, however, over the course of our correspondence I will teach you as much as I know to become a trusted leader by your people and a respected ruler throughout the world.

Firstly, you ask how to establish relations with other nations; this is relatively simple. Most foreign powers are overjoyed at the chance to meet new leaders and have greater access to trade from far corners of the world. In addition, from actively garnering friendships across the world, you create a reliable network to assist Xendria to prosper in trade and if the worst situation of war would come to your borders, you will have allies to assist you in repelling the invaders. My suggestion is to speak with your immediate neighbors. You have done so already with Amazonia, now perhaps send a letter to Athens speaking of your desire to foster growth and friendship.

As to avoid angering other nations across the globe, my advice is to approach every situation with respect, but do not let foreigners walk over you. Remember, you know what is best for your nation, not a foreign leader. That is of course, unless, they are benevolent and wise, like myself.

Furthermore, to appease your people, listen to their concerns and their complaints and act accordingly. States are only successful when the leader can humble him or herself in front of the people he or she serves.

If you require any more assistance, please, do not be afraid to write back.

Sincerely,

Theresia[/i]
[/quote]

[quote][b]From: King Ael'iyon Trevan Nahali of Xendria
To: Empress Maria Theresia of Amazonia[/b]

[i]Theresia,

Thank you very much for your advice. I'll be sure to do that, and I'm planning to go through the nation and speak to the people.

I will write should I need more help. Feel free to visit at any time. Just let me know a day or two in advance so that I can prepare.

Sincerely,

Ael'iyon[/i][/quote]