• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1328065538' post='2912084']
This deserves a sticky
[/quote]

Completely agree!

Meropis pitched in a few Roubles

Thanks to MK for organizing this and setting up the donation platform...MSF is on my very short list of truly badass NGOs

[sub](waits for comment about strange bedfellows)
[/sub]

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1328017771' post='2911511']
.... and hypothetically speaking, even if MK is doing this 100% for publicity and PR, it doesn't change whether the actual event (donating to a charity) is a worthy cause.
[/quote]
In addition, bros took the lead to organize this and make it happen. He's our forum admin, and very rarely gets involved in CN politics and is in general relatively "non-partisan". See his helping various alliances on forum issues (regardless of their connections in-game) and CN radio.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1328067164' post='2912135']
In addition, bros took the lead to organize this and make it happen. He's our forum admin, and very rarely gets involved in CN politics and is in general relatively "non-partisan". See his helping various alliances on forum issues (regardless of their connections in-game) and CN radio.
[/quote]
As someone who has historically shared a hostile relationship with MK, I will confirm this. Bros is a cool guy.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1328067164' post='2912135']
[/quote]

yeah I haven't been involved in CN politics for years now. Probably not since the first few months of MK.

Also, I made all of the images on an anxiety-induced hyperfocusing photoshop session (the hand/heart symbol was found by MarthurLutherKingJr, it is a copyright-free image)

Edited by bros2

There is an option to hide display name on the page. Though I would think Bro's would at least be able to see it.
"How we calculate fees

Nonprofits pay a small fee to use our service. It’s typically 5% or less on donations, plus a standard credit card processing fee of 2.5%. Your amount is calculated based on the actual rate paid by this organization. "

There should have been a way to send this money directly to DWB without this middleman. The small fee adds up when you realize that 5% of 2k is $100 that DWB doesn't have in their coffers.

Edited by BDRocks

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1328067839' post='2912147']
But it's [i]so much easier[/i] to state that this is simply for MK PR points than think this is for something that's actually good!
[/quote]

All things considered, you honestly can't blame them.

You can't just turn on/off reputations.

That said, DWB is a great Organization.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='BDRocks' timestamp='1328076596' post='2912372']
There is an option to hide display name on the page. Though I would think Bro's would at least be able to see it.
"How we calculate fees

Nonprofits pay a small fee to use our service. It’s typically 5% or less on donations, plus a standard credit card processing fee of 2.5%. Your amount is calculated based on the actual rate paid by this organization. "

There should have been a way to send this money directly to DWB without this middleman. The small fee adds up when you realize that 5% of 2k is $100 that DWB doesn't have in their coffers.
[/quote]

This is the only way to track it as a group. This is the site that DWB actually recommends using for online fundraisers.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1328026251' post='2911553']
Prove us and wrong and get your alliance to "beat" us in generosity. And then you'll gain the PR, not us.
[/quote]

Ive a lot of respect for people who do charity work or donate to charity without an audience to bear witness to their good deeds.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1328111055' post='2912558']
Ive a lot of respect for people who do charity work or donate to charity without an audience to bear witness to their good deeds.
[/quote]

As I do. I'm also pretty sure we can both agree that more money for charities is a good thing, yes? That's the reasoning behind going public with our idea: more publicity=more money.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1328153445' post='2912934']
I'm convinced MK are all filthy rich
[/quote]

None of us have social lives, remember? That makes it easy for MK members to donate, since it means we have nothing else to spend it on.