• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bros2' timestamp='1327975609' post='2911143']
As to which alliance raises more?

200 is a rather low bet.
[/quote]
Our Glorious Leader (o7) is actually funding that bet entirely out of his own nation's pocket. Perhaps their leaders could do the same?

Edited by Magicman657

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1327974264' post='2911111']
Cross-posted on the United Equestria boards.

Care to make a wager, MK? Maybe, say, 200 tech?

And you wouldn't want to lose to [i]ponies.[/i] Better make sure to dig deep ;)
[/quote]
I was under the impression your alliance was in greater need of cold hard cash.

I gave what I could - I'm working part-time at the moment and am in school. I would have liked to give more. :( Either way, Medecins Sans Frontières is a wonderful organisation and I really encourage anyone who can spare a few dollars to donate. Every bit helps.

[quote name='VladimirLenin' timestamp='1327973255' post='2911098']
I did think, and yes, people would (and have).
[/quote]

I know this might be hard for you to grasp, but we're real and for the most part decent people behind the keyboards and sometimes we like to come together and do a nice thing for no reason.

In other words, you don't have any idea what you're talking about so please spare us the !@#$%^&*.

[quote name='cookavich' timestamp='1327977174' post='2911169']
[i]Such a terrible thing that hundreds of dollars has been raised for charity by an alliance I don't like.[/i]
[/quote]
Yep. And it's precisely because of this potential defense that you don't see a bazillion other people saying what I'm saying. It's political genius, as it takes everyone's mind off what else is going on.

I, for one, don't need to flaunt it when I donate to charity because doing it makes me feel good [i]in and of itself;[/i] the satisfaction of everyone else knowing isn't relevant.

But if you all feel the compulsion, please continue with your little "we [i]really do[/i] care about people OOC" charade.

Edit: And yeah, I'll bow out of the thread so as to not cause more drama. Normally I'd praise any alliance for doing this, even if it were MK at virtually any other time. I'm just stating what everyone else is suspicious of/has in the back of their mind.

Edited by VladimirLenin

[quote name='VladimirLenin' timestamp='1327981521' post='2911249']
Yep. And it's precisely because of this potential defense that you don't see a bazillion other people saying what I'm saying. It's political genius, as it takes everyone's mind off what else is going on.

I, for one, don't need to flaunt it when I donate to charity because doing it makes me feel good [i]in and of itself;[/i] the satisfaction of everyone else knowing isn't relevant.

But if you all feel the compulsion, please continue with your little "we [i]really do[/i] care about people OOC" charade.

Edit: And yeah, I'm bowing out of the thread. I'd praise any alliance for doing this, even if it were MK at virtually any other time. I'm just stating what everyone else is suspicious of/has in the back of their mind.
[/quote]

One has nothing to do with the other my friend. I couldn't imagine being so cynical.......

[/quote]

Yes, sure, you're the tax collector and we're all Pharisees. The point was to make it fun, and we can raise more among all of us than we could alone. We're not advertising our donation for the sake of advertising it; we're asking if anyone else might like to join us. The concept of trying to grab for the moral high ground in a thread where we're trying to donate to a good cause blows my mind.

Edit: And yeah, I'll bow out of the thread so as to not cause more drama. Normally I'd praise any alliance for doing this, even if it were MK at virtually any other time. I'm just stating what everyone else is suspicious of/has in the back of their mind.
[/quote]
The prospect that anyone takes this game that seriously kinda scares me.

[quote name='bros2' timestamp='1327975609' post='2911143']
As to which alliance raises more?

200 is a rather low bet.
[/quote]

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1327979128' post='2911199']
I was under the impression your alliance was in greater need of cold hard cash.
[/quote]

T'was intended as a personal bet.

Make a counter offer of you want to lose more.

[/quote]

So you believe that people, based on their IC actions, cannot do anything good OOC?

Way to blur the IC/OOC line there, buddy.

[/quote]

nobody else is suspicious of this, you are insane/stupid

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1327982616' post='2911279']

[/quote]
I'll do 9 mill (one slot for 3 cycles, 2 if they have an FAC) to the nation of your choice if United Equestria donates more, the same to the nation of my choice if MK donates more.

[quote name='VladimirLenin' timestamp='1327968113' post='2911006']
This is propaganda for MK. There, I said it.

Edit: Though should it actually work (without only MK members donating, that is), I become conflicted on what position to take.

Touché.
[/quote]

we will pay any price for a spotless reputation....

[/quote]
Get out.

What kind of scumbag brings CN politics into a charity thread? durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1327982616' post='2911279']

[/quote]
Unless I get a heaping pledge out of Archon's loaded ass, I'm not so foolish as to challenge you all on a donation drive.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1327983609' post='2911291']
I'll do 9 mill (one slot for 3 cycles, 2 if they have an FAC) to the nation of your choice if United Equestria donates more, the same to the nation of my choice if MK donates more.
[/quote]

I'll gladly match this offer.