Will the Real Ragnarok Please stand up?

Yukon Don

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1328112320' post='2912572']
Has the utter ridiculousness of MK's position on this matter after deriding everyone else as ~e-lawyers~ for the past 2 years impressed itself upon anyone else?
[/quote]
They feel wronged and they're in a much more powerful position. Why wouldn't they press the issue?

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1328107067' post='2912537']
The grudge part has been brought up multiple times since day one. Just FYI.[/quote]

Whatever you say, I'm not in the mood to go back through tons of posts and I'm sure neither are you.

Whatever figleaf it provides, it doesn't begin to cover the larger issues here.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1328114650' post='2912582']
Exactly. Gairyuki blew this wide open last night and we're not idiots.
[/quote]

I would like that to be put up to a vote, not just unilaterally decided upon.

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1328109897' post='2912551']
Bob Ilyani and Joe Stupid become the leaders of Ragnarok. Less than a month later, there is an insurrection and Adel's crew claims leadership. And there is no legitimate heir to the throne, it would seem. The issue has become incredibly divisive for the alliance. How can you see even the tiniest bit of stability in that?
[/quote]

As I previously stated...

It is silly to insist that everyone that stayed on the Ragnarok AA and supports Adel as Empress should step off the AA and onto another AA simply to satisfy some e-lawyer urge on the part of a few people.

Also, wasn't this the same OWF crowd that cheered when Gramlins essentially underwent a hostile takeover of its AA by former members because the guy in charge was deemed no longer worth of running it? "Yeah, but we liked them and we don't like those supporting Adel" doesn't cut it.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1328113022' post='2912578']
Whatever you say, I'm not in the mood to go back through tons of posts and I'm sure neither are you.

Whatever figleaf it provides, it doesn't begin to cover the larger issues here.
[/quote]

"I got proven wrong so I'm going to move the goal posts. Possibly even change the subject in hopes no one notices."

Edited by potato

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1328116549' post='2912588']
Congratulations on your new government. A piece of advice for you, if I may: get your !@#$ together and stop forcing our hand.
[/quote]

This is actually good advice. You've got snarks in the water and a leaky boat. If the sharks can be persuaded to go circle something else, you'll have time to patch the hull.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1328117059' post='2912594']
"I got proven wrong so I'm going to move the goal posts. Possibly even change the subject in hopes no one notices."
[/quote]

Or...something else is going on. But please, try to score points I guess. <_<

[i]OOC: I get a lunch hour, not all day, and if I spend it piecing together a post trail in order to prove my point, I don't get to make it. On the other hand if I concede the point, a minor one at that, I get to post about stuff that is more meaningful.[/i]

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1328117615' post='2912599']
Or...something else is going on. But please, try to score points I guess. <_<

[i]OOC: I get a lunch hour, not all day, and if I spend it piecing together a post trail in order to prove my point, I don't get to make it. On the other hand if I concede the point, a minor one at that, I get to post about stuff that is more meaningful.[/i]
[/quote]

All I'm saying is claiming things that are false doesn't make them true because you're too lazy to do research. We DID say we didn't like Kait a few times earlier. Just because some people chose to skip/ignore it doesn't change it. :)

Overall this has been a sorry last two weeks for me.

I had to retire. No choice. Things that I needed to do that were much more important [ooc] than a game[ooc]. In my view Rok needed someone who could devote more time to her than I could.

I chose Bob as my successor because he worked his way up the ranks fair and square. In fact, he was selected as Regent by Kait and was very nearly picked by her over me to be Emperor. Joe and Adel were both Chancellors, 3rd in line in my administration. For him to select Joe as Regent was also no surprise.

When Bob told me that he informed MK that Kait and Hoo were no longer on the AA and free to be attacked, it is not what I would have done but it was his call to make. I understood that and even told him that if someone came for me and them having me would clear Rok's debt, I would do it and enjoy the ride down. Had he simply done what he said to me that day then likely we would not be here. Perhaps some would have left, but perhaps others could have spoken to him, changed his mind, worked things out in an amicable way. SOMETHING.

However, that is not what happened. Bob and Joe proceeded in OOC attacks on Kait, attacks that he had subsequently said to me were partly in jest. No matter the motivation, those OOC attacks sparked an outrage among the membership that ended up where we are now. By the time I realized what was going on (remember...retired. RL issues) the forums were down, and only restored after Kait was contacted and had them restored herself.

Adel is the Empress of Ragnarok. PERIOD. No amount of posturing by anyone changes that fact on the ground. Joe and Bob have no support in Ragnarok after what happened and though I wish dissent and Bob's mistakes could have been handled differently, it wasn't. Adel has the support of Rok's warriors and that is the only way you can lead.

To MK, I know that you are not without reason. The Kait situation is a mess, but let's be honest: any raider that hit Kait, no matter the reason, was going to get nuked by Kait. You knew that when you came to her door. I sincerely hope that we can clear this mess up and, if you prefer, I will make myself available to assist in that regard should you think that helpful.

Bob and Joe are smart guys, guys that I trusted and who served Rok well for a very long time. I feel no joy in the fact that it has come to this. In the end however, one must realize that a revolution has occurred. Adel, a member of RC for nearly a year, has taken the throne carried by the support of the vast majority of Ragnarok. She will find that the crown can be heavy, and I hope that she will have the strength for the coming trials.

o/ Rok
EDIT: Proofreading ftw

Edited by Rampage3

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1328119759' post='2912626']

I had to retire. No choice. Things that I needed to do that were much more important [ooc] than a game[ooc]. In my view Rok needed someone who could devote more time to her than I could.

I chose Bob as my successor because he worked his way up the ranks fair and square. In fact, he was selected as Regent by Kait and was very nearly picked by her over me to be Emperor. Joe and Adel were both Chancellors, 3rd in line in my administration. For him to select Joe as Regent was also no surprise.

When Bob told me that he informed MK that Kait and Hoo were no longer on the AA and free to be attacked, it is not what I would have done but it was his call to make. I understood that and even told him that if someone came for me and them having me would clear Rok's debt, I would do it and enjoy the ride down. Had he simply done what he said to me that day then likely we would not be here. Perhaps some would have left, but perhaps others could have spoken to him, changed his mind, worked things out in an amicable way. SOMETHING.

However, that is not what happened. Bob and Joe proceeded in OOC attacks on Kait, attacks that he had subsequently said to me were partly in jest. No matter the motivation, those OOC attacks sparked an outrage among the membership that ended up where we are now. By the time I realized what was going on (remember...retired. RL issues) the forums were down, and only restored after Kait was contacted and had them restored herself.

Adel is the Empress of Ragnarok. PERIOD. No amount of posturing by anyone changes that fact on the ground. Joe and Bob have no support in Ragnarok after what happened and though I wish dissent and Bob's mistakes could have been handled differently, it wasn't. Adel has the support of Rok's warriors and that is the only way you can lead.

To MK, I know that you are not without reason. The Kait situation is a mess, but let's be honest: any raider that hit Kait, no matter the reason, was going to get nuked by Kait. You knew that when you came to her door. I sincerely hope that we can clear this mess up and, if you prefer, I will make myself available to assist in that regard should you think that helpful.

Bob and Joe are smart guys, guys that I trusted and who served Rok well for a very long time. I feel no joy in the fact that it has come to this. In the end however, one must realize that a revolution has occurred. Adel, a member of RC for nearly a year, has taken the throne carried by the support of the vast majority of Ragnarok. She will find that the crown can be heavy, and I hope that she will have the strength for the coming trials.

o/ Rok
[/quote]

Classy post.

Can we get this whole situation over with and move on to some drama that's not stupid?

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1328118325' post='2912604']
All I'm saying is claiming things that are false doesn't make them true because you're too lazy to do research. We DID say we didn't like Kait a few times earlier. Just because some people chose to skip/ignore it doesn't change it. :)
[/quote]
That you disliked Kait and Hoo before you began your [OOC] OOC attacks on them [/OOC] does not change or negate the fact that you never attacked them before and now that you are, it's under these circumstances.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1328116870' post='2912592']
As I previously stated...

It is silly to insist that everyone that stayed on the Ragnarok AA and supports Adel as Empress should step off the AA and onto another AA simply to satisfy some e-lawyer urge on the part of a few people.

Also, wasn't this the same OWF crowd that cheered when Gramlins essentially underwent a hostile takeover of its AA by former members because the guy in charge was deemed no longer worth of running it? "Yeah, but we liked them and we don't like those supporting Adel" doesn't cut it.
[/quote]
I don't recall making that claims to validate what you posted. I certainly never said anyone who supported one side should leave when the other takes over and I didn't pay an ounce of attention to the Gramlins drama you referenced. Perhaps you meant to quote someone else?

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1328119872' post='2912627']
In my humble opinion, I would like to state for the record that the Viridian Entente has more rights to the Ragnarok carcass than does the Mushroom Kingdom.

Someone should make a poll.
[/quote]
Please don't be envious of us being able to outvillain you. We can work together, if you want!

And after thirty-five pages of mindless bickering and insults, the group [s]FINALLY[/s] hopefully came up with a legitimate answer to the problem before them.

Like it or not, Adel has taken the velvet seat of RoK and is in charge now. If any of you still have problems with the charter, I bet it would not be hard (Just ridiculous) for the new government to move their AA to something else and make a new charter.

As for the MK issue... I really hope both parties can come to a conclusion. There was obviously misunderstandings on both sides.

EDIT: Also, Right on Rampage! :)

Edited by Iamgil

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1328119759' post='2912626']

o/ Rok
[/quote]

This is the most clearheaded analysis of the situation I have seen in this entire thread, and it makes me sad that I have little faith it will be respected.

Is somebody really arguing that Adel's leadership is more successful because they've stopped losing stats?
They've lost their credibility and have proven to be unstable. They could have doubled their stats and still be in a worse position.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1328120481' post='2912632']
That you disliked Kait and Hoo before you began your [OOC] OOC attacks on them [/OOC] does not change or negate the fact that you never attacked them before and now that you are, it's under these circumstances.
[/quote]

By "circumstances", you mean RoK gov't serving us her head on a platter?

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1328120764' post='2912639']
It's like everyone's just going to ignore Rampage.

Hey! It's exactly what I thought happened.

All the best RoK.
[/quote]

It just goes to show that the alliances dominating this thread see the situation as little more than a vehicle to advance their unrelated agendas. I suppose it would be naive to expect more. Clearly RoK has no right to self-determination regarding their internal function...

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1328120833' post='2912641']
By "circumstances", you mean RoK gov't serving us her head on a platter?
[/quote]
...for OOC reasons[/OOC] as has already been established by multiple people within and outside MK in this thread. You're not cute.

Edited by Schattenmann