Darkness Comes to the Meadhall

gambona

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1327947803' post='2910706']
How bad a hit did MK and Umbrella take this war? Someone remind me. Ardus organized the whole thing; they must have took the most damage, right?
[/quote]

Yep, Ardus planted Mj's hatred for SF into the minds of Mj.

Im not going to speak for others, but I didnt think Umbrella and MK were going to be the center of the conflict/the heaviest hit. What did they put together exactly? Polar got rolled...cool, half of bob wanted/wants polar rolled, they have for years, it's not exactly a MK exclusive plan. Ok now SF got rolled. Mj was going after SF no matter what happened, we all knew this back in the summer.

If this was Asgaard getting $%&@ed up and disbanding because MK/Umbrella tricked Asgaard into attacking MK/Umbrella's mortal enemy, you would have a leg to stand on.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1327956205' post='2910791']
If this was Asgaard getting $%&@ed up and disbanding because MK/Umbrella tricked Asgaard into attacking MK/Umbrella's mortal enemy, you would have a leg to stand on.
[/quote]

There was no "tricking" involved, that's why it's funny. Ardus flat out told them how it was going to go - he said the plan was for them to do the work and then have a nominal influence over what goes on ... and that's exactly what happened.

[center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a6/Lemming_animation.gif[/img][/center]

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1327956687' post='2910802']
There was no "tricking" involved, that's why it's funny. Ardus flat out told them how it was going to go - he said the plan was for them to do the work and then have a nominal influence over what goes on ... and that's exactly what happened.
[/quote]

None of what you're saying has even the least bearing over Asgaard's disbandment, however, which is why such a wide and varied group of people are informing you that you are an idiot. They ran into an all-too-common problem, especially in low-member member groups, where the current leaders were too busy to keep the alliance humming along to the standard Asgaard had set, and there wasn't anyone waiting in the wings to take over.

They weren't killed by MK, or the past war, and you're doing a damned fine alliance a massive disservice by babbling incoherently in their farewell thread. So, shut the $%&@ up, thanks.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1327947803' post='2910706']
Lost 50% of their NS overnight; big "win" for them. Now they don't exist and, even worse, they have to be in Valhalla.
[/quote]

So NS is the sole determinant of whether an alliance survives now? Much of our NS loss was member loss due to inactivity/deletion. Also ask any of our opponents we have more than sufficient warchests to rebuild. The problem was not with our actual nations but with our players. We could have kept puttering along with no real goals or plans or we could go out after a good war with friends. I prefer to go out on these terms.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1327956687' post='2910802']

[center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a6/Lemming_animation.gif[/img][/center]
[/quote]

Yes because no one in Mj wanted to hit the SF's so Ardus stopped by the Mj forums and dropped target lists and assignments of who to hit and we followed the plan set forth by him so we could become nominal in his eyes.

That Ardus is a good one :lol1:

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1327960226' post='2910858']
So NS is the sole determinant of whether an alliance survives now?
[/quote]

Nope. And I never even came remotely close to saying that it did. However, to me, the largest determinant over whether an alliance survives is if it still [i]exists[/i] - are there people on the AA? Based on this thread, alone, you flunked that test.

[quote]Yes because no one in Mj wanted to hit the SF's so Ardus stopped by the Mj forums and dropped target lists and assignments of who to hit and we followed the plan set forth by him so we could become nominal in his eyes.

That Ardus is a good one :lol1: [/quote]

[img]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/alohaalliance/Aloha/AlohaProp/mjolnirsand.png[/img]

Edited by Krack

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1327960949' post='2910872']
Nope. And I never even came remotely close to saying that it did. However, to me, the largest determinant over whether an alliance survives is if it still [i]exists[/i] - are there people on the AA? Based on this thread, alone, you flunked that test.

[img]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss93/alohaalliance/Aloha/AlohaProp/mjolnirsand.png[/img]
[/quote]

Well there are more in Asgaard than in Aloha. You don't pass that test because people is plural. :smug:

But alliances aren't the end all either.

[/quote]

I like that picture

[/quote]

Krack, you do know that in about the 3.7 years I've played this game, the number of players have dropped considerably,and even more so in TE. A small alliance like ours is dependent on members being active. I've known many of our members that in the span of 3 years, many have graduated college, some are married, others now have kids. When we started about 3 years ago, people had time to play this game a lot, heck I help build our website and hosted it. Fast forward to now, I'm busy as hell with work and family life, to the point where even all my game consoles are collecting dust. When leadership no longer has the time to play the game let alone dedicate time to the alliance, it is time to move on. If you held a position anywhere high up in the government of an alliance our size of bigger, you will know how much work goes into building and maintaining an alliance, let alone alliance relationships. At minimum GOV is a part time job, and at it's height, a full time gig. I am sure most GOV members can vouch for what I say.

Most of in Asgaard have well over 1B in warchest remaining even after the war. I have about 1.5B myself. It isn't that we can't play and that the war did us in. If you knew us at all, we were all asking for war because it was getting very boring.

The sad truth is that most of us had already mentally moved on from this game probably about a year ago to be honest. Like most, we still have ties to this game and friends we chat with, which was what kept most people around.

Before you make silly comments about our disbandment, please take the time to actually do some research before you comment.

To all others, Thank You for your classy comments.

Edited by thaisport

Funny, the first thing I thought when I saw the Mjolnir disbandment thread was "I hope Asgaard and Valhalla are still going to be treatied". I didn't mean like this...

Really sad. One of my favourite alliances ever. Thanks for the good times and hope I'll see you around.

Couldn't ask for better wishes on our way out. Just wanted to thank those who took the time to wish us well. You don't always recognize the respect you've earned as an alliance when your existence is largely spent on the outside of the public eye.

And as Thrawn said, we're proud to be going out on our own terms rather than wither away into nothing like some of the past alliances had happen to them.