You know you've played CN too long when...

RePePe

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think of 1AM Eastern as update now. Like I'll be writing a paper, then I'll look at the clock and think, "oh, it's almost update."

Also the uncommon acronyms thing.

To those who have used CN examples for papers/finals, how have your grades been? I'd be curious to know how a prof reacts to that sort of thing.

You are on IRC over 12 hours a day.
You see Christmas as an awesome time to do a blitz, because it means that nobody would be online to retaliate.
You actually have a list of possible candidates for such a blitz.
You spend the entire holidays building trade circles.
..and later on rage at an alliance gov for being 4 fricking days late on joining a trade circle during Christmas.
You hit the maximum messages on your alliance's message boards, multiple times.
You consider ways of meeting with members of an alliance's gov in real life, for maximum opsec.
Your laptop breaks down and you run to uni computers to figure out nation building plans on MATLAB.
When someone offers you a job interview, you accidentally blurt out, "That's on update, could we reschedule?"

Oh, here's a fun one:
[img]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/smuz86/toomuchcn.png[/img]

Only 3MB of screenshots, and only 15 screenshots.
IRC logs are not stored there.
Yup, most of it is text and spreadsheets.

Best one is a > 9000 word guide on CN economics, 54 kb long, bloated somewhat by references. Plus a few other self-written 3k+ word guides.

Edited by MrMuz

When you have the personal information of many people in the game memorized (*waves to these individuals*)

When the last six years of your memory is filled with CN crap (If you ask me something, I can most likely recall it almost instantaneously)

When your only social interaction is on IRC/skype

Things that I have done:

- Leave my computer on all the time just so I don't miss any important IRC logs from gov channels.
- When I think of "Mushroom Kingdom" I think of politically incorrect, not for children or the squeamish humor.
- Not gone out because something important was happening in CN.
- Logged onto CN on a friend's computer for an update attack while hanging out (in incognito mode ofc)

you're wife, who has no interest in CN, starts calling you 'The General.'

you leave your friends at the bonfire outside and stumble into the house to make update. This seems to happen every year for our annual bonfire.

Edited by arch3004

[quote name='Harry Dresden' timestamp='1328302383' post='2913952']
I moved this to OWRP as it details how CN and RL intersect.

And I have a contribution: You know you've played CN too long when you watch a political debate and think that someone should warn the candidates for flaming.
[/quote]
LOL! +20% warn to Ron Paul for trolling

I find myself using "This will end well" alot, and CN is the first place id heard the phrase :|

Your loved one [i]still[/i] calls the game (Cybernations) by the name of an alliance you haven't been apart of for 2 years (Ragnarok).

At least once a week my fiance says, "Oh god, are you going to play 'Ragnarok' all night/day?"
[i]"IT'S CALLED CYBERNATIONS WOMAN!"[/i]

I've lost count of the amount of car number plates with alliance acronyms.

The best one ever was a car hooning around with NPO in the number plate and they hit a curb. This was shortly after the Karma War. I smugly chuckled.

Edited by Ch33kY

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1328404068' post='2914635']
LOL! +20% warn to Ron Paul for trolling

I find myself using "This will end well" alot, and CN is the first place id heard the phrase :|
[/quote]
+20% to Newt Gingrich for discussion of moderation issues

[quote name='arch3004' timestamp='1328403466' post='2914630']
you're wife, who has no interest in CN, starts calling you 'The General.'

you leave your friends at the bonfire outside and stumble into the house to make update. This seems to happen every year for our annual bonfire.
[/quote]

Wow, for your own personal health; I release you. (not really)

15. You find yourself saying 'brilliant political move' whenever something political appears on the news.

66. You refer to your life savings as a warchest

72. “Rolling a Hard Six” has replaced “throw a Hail Mary” in your daily euphemisms

75. You find out that there is actually a limit to how many “clicks” you can have on a given day!

You know you've played CN to long when:

You start using the MDP, ODP, MoADP, MADP, and other terms in other games to form alliances with countries in them to form a mega block.

You know you've played CN to long when your mom goes "Your still playing that game after 5 years?!"

You know you played CN to long, when some of your customers for your photography are CN players.