Cessation of Hostilities

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats NPO ,The Last Remnants; Non Grata; Olympus; Boards Alliance Of Protectorate States; The Imperial Order; Nordreich; The Order Of The Paradox; Deck of International Card Experts; Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism, Europa Open Source Alliance, NATO, TPF and AOD Brigade on your victory.

Edited by kevin32891

Congrats to everyone on peace, seems FAN did manage to avoid a surrender with their persistence. Considering how long they held out while at war with NPO in the past forcefully, I'm not surprised they were willing to fight much longer if they needed to.

I remember in the DH-NPO war I had finally convinced ODN to a white peace with no surrender with OsRaven already having the neccecary internal voting taken place, before Ardus suddenly posted combined surrender terms with me included to both OsRaven and my surprise as he didn't know those peace talks were going on. When he asked me if he should do a separate announcement for our white peace agreement I turned him down since I didn't care what the peace agreement said and just had them correct the part to reflect me not agreeing to any reps, but seeing how long FAN fought to avoid doing an admission of defeat makes me wish I did go with white peace instead of agreeing to a coalition wide admission of defeat.

This thread does kind of remind me of the thread with Sparta agreeing to surrender to just 2 of the alliances they fought, although with FAN not admitting defeat to anyone this does so this makes more sense to have a distinction. Good show to NPO on honoring that bit of negotiation Brehon did with FAN on allowing them to avoid the admission of defeat just to get this war done though. You guys showed a good amount of patience and were reasonable throughout this war. I hope FAN being let free from this after taking a few bites out of NPO they are finally even now, if FAN hits NPO again now after NPO didn't punish FAN despite being the winners they would have no excuse citing past grudges.

Good luck to both rebuilding

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1327217331' post='2904607']I hope FAN being let free from this after taking a few bites out of NPO they are finally even now, if FAN hits NPO again now after NPO didn't punish FAN despite being the winners they would have no excuse citing past grudges.

Good luck to both rebuilding
[/quote]

We were hunted mercilessly across this world and the next for [i]two years[/i] in a sadistic pogrom.

We will [i]always[/i] have justification to level with NPO.

Edited by He Who Has No Name

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1327216615' post='2904602']
Good to see, really easy terms NPO for 2 alliances that preempted you.

Shout out to King Wally, our 3 rounds of wars were fun :wub:
[/quote]
What? My CMs were no fun the first 2 days?

o7 to all involved. Sadly I only managed to find people in range for one round on either end of the fight, but those made for two excellent weeks.

On that note, a special thanks to Lenny for convincing Natalie to come out of peace mode, and to Natalie for deciding not to turtle after all. :awesome: The war would have been an incredibly boring affair without that light at the end of the tunnel.

It's been a pleasure, let's do it again sometime.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1327217331' post='2904607']
seeing how long FAN fought to avoid doing an admission of defeat makes me wish I did go with white peace instead of agreeing to a coalition wide admission of defeat.
[/quote]

That is exactly the kind of thing we want to avoid. And the kind of thing you'll probably start seeing punishment for if it becomes commonplace.

[quote name='He Who Has No Name' timestamp='1327218289' post='2904612']
We were hunted mercilessly across this world and the next for [i]two years[/i] in a sadistic pogrom.

[/quote]

Fair enough.

But you should realize we have a duty to watch out for our members too. We're not just going to stand there and let you attack us whenever you feel like it.

[/quote]
You really need to let go of it man....you guys will feel better for it.

[/quote]

Wiki says 1.5 years, and that it ended 2.5 years ago.

So you've been bandwagoning into attacks on us now for 2.5 years. FAN's gotta try to stay relevant somehow I guess, I'm proud to be part of what drives you to continue existing lol

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1327219852' post='2904625']
It's not bandwagoning. I went to FAN last time. This time they used their paperless treaty with Fark. Were you guys not treatied to NSO? Moldavi Doctrine anyone?
[/quote]

Nice job jumping on one word of my post and ignoring the rest of it :P

The rest is an argument to be made, but I really get annoyed with bandwagoning accusations from both sides. Maybe Moldavi was right and you shouldn't have attacked FAN the second time because of this result.

Can we bring back Moldavi in some leadership position like in any Order? It'd be cool.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1327219272' post='2904620']
The parking lot formerly known as NPL will make for fine tailgating grounds.
[/quote]
Just watch your step so you don't twist your ankles on the craters. I wonder if anyone did would we be held liable? :unsure:

[/quote]

NPO has been punished for past behaviors. NPO has changed, just as much as FAN has. All of us have changed. The world is no longer what it was. It is time to let go and build the new world, such as it may be, from the ashes of the old.

And if we can dream mighty dreams and find a new story within ourselves... then perhaps our deeds may yet match those of days of legend. When men were roaring tigers and leaders were angry gods.

[img]http://i.pbase.com/o6/30/52730/1/116567116.Vo9WEPwG.sr0028.JPG[/img]

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1327221421' post='2904637']
NPO has been punished for past behaviors. NPO has changed, just as much as FAN has. All of us have changed. The world is no longer what it was. It is time to let go and build the new world, such as it may be, from the ashes of the old.

And if we can dream mighty dreams and find a new story within ourselves... then perhaps our deeds may yet match those of days of legend. When men were roaring tigers and leaders were angry gods.

[img]http://i.pbase.com/o6/30/52730/1/116567116.Vo9WEPwG.sr0028.JPG[/img]
[/quote]

Honestly, it's only because people aren't willing to treat NPO in the way NPO treated others(karma with a lower case) that it is possible for them to continue existing as a major alliance. I think that's a change of sorts.

Also Londo, you still hate Polar for Grub's anti-raiding crap in 2009, so I really don't like this rhetoric from you.

I don't know what kind of terms are being offered to Polar, an alliance that lost 3/4ths of its NS in the first 3 months of 2011 and has lost 2/3rds in this war. I'd like some consistency in the "moving on" crowd.

Edited by Roquentin