Sturmzeit in Norden

Kaiser Martens

Siegfried and Heimskr sat across from the Aesir. "We have come to end your rule over the city. The people will no longer bow to your authority. You will relinquish power over the city and any power you have in the rest of Hethnamark to a civilian government. The Einherjar and Valkyries must also accept the authority of this new government, until another military and police force can be established. I am prepared to allow them to remain an independent force." Siegfried said, rather bluntly.

"Oh really? And what makes you think that such a thing is going to happen? We did not sign up for this job. We had to step up twice when the government lost its grip on reality. Are you even aware what the situation is in Iceland? And the rest of the zones? If it were not due to our involvement using out forces as peacekeepers, Hethnamark would not exist anymore! What are you going to do, merrily claiming to have a government while at best you can only control a few streets in Asgaard. You are foolish! If we have things your way, we'll end up speaking Greek and Russian, and we'll end up worshipping Visari instead of our own strength!"

He folded his arms rather angrily, frustrated.

"You just think a new government is needed because beer prices have gone up. You're not looking at the full picture. There are Ravens above us, and these, these Ravens aren't the kind that normally protect us. We are working around the clock to try to prevent a total collapse in Iceland. And you simply happily walk in here demanding power. That is *not* how it works!"

He paused, and calmed down, speaking in a normal tone next time.

"If you want to do something for Hethnamark quit wasting your time here and go to Iceland. This place is quite alright. But you *might* just be needed elsewhere."

"Keeping the peace?" Heimskr started. "You masquerade as gods! Sitting up here in you castle, safe from the troubles of the outside world. We know fulll well what is happening in Iceland. You do nothing to help the other territories of Hethnamark and any decent amoungs the people of Asgaard is crushed. You think that the people of this city wouldn't notice the missing people, those who would change the current state of affairs. Omen point ot dark times ahead and their needs to be a leader the people can trust."

Edited by Aggressivenutmeg

"Who even cares about that? Our people aren't stupid enough to believe any of it. It's just a matter of tradition. Nobody, not even ourselves really believe that we are Gods! Besides, so what? The Gods were people with some remarkable powers and conditions. Science and money can do the same things today. Gods are just really successful individuals. We're not in the stone age anymore. Our definition of God has changed. You only refuse to see us as Gods because your own definition is different. As far as we concerned every national ruler is a different deity."

He leans forwards on his chair,

"Yeah. We had to make them dissappear. Almost all of them are still alive. So what? We prevented them from hurting themselves fighting us, which is what they were ready to do. If it were not due to us, we'd be in anarchy. If we let your "friends" move along we'd be invaded by third parties. Now stop being so emotional and consider things rationally. If we do not stick together, we won't have a country anymore."

"You all just have this deluded fantasy that things will be better if you set up a new government. The reality is that you couldn't even do it if you tried, and even success would destroy you."

Edited by Kaiser Martens

"For ones who don't see themselves gods, you certainly act like it." Siegfried retorted. "You do not defend Hethnamark, it is already pray to outsiders. Every day towns and villages are raided and plagued by pirates. Asgaard is the one last bastion of civilisation left in the country. Your brutality towards your own people is what has caused this uprising. You have the capacity to aid the rest of the country; instead, you sit here in your castle. The people out there on the streets are sick of it. If you will not give in, then at least let the political prisoners go and I will attempt to convince the crowd not to storm the castle and cut off your head."

"What do YOU know about our castle and our way of life? What do YOU know about brutality? We built this! If it were not for us...I've had enough with this! Guards!"

Several large Aesir approached Sigfried to capture him, one would open fire, although not with a firearm - with a tranquilizer gun instead. The would-have-been-king started to feel his strength being taken from him, and his eyes closing. He would be placed on what seemed to be a metal table with small wheels - it felt so odd in Asgaard, it seemed to belong to a Hospital instead. And he was carried along while Tyr did not distance himself.

"You do not know anything about us. We were not born with silver spoons in our mouth. We are not privileged. If they want to storm, let them. They will not find endless rooms of greed-displays. I think it is time you see for yourself what reality is like. Our Reality."

Sigfried would pass out.

When he next came to, he was almost deafened by the loud roaring of a jet plane, a Mjollnir Plane. It was military issue, like most things in Hethnamark, and he was in full body Armor, same as many men at his side. The one in command yelled out,

"Soldier! Wake up! We are reaching our objective! Achtung! We will be descending on Northern Iceland, not far from Akureyri soon! Reports indicate that a large scale foreign raid has been recently -" Then he was interrupted, the plane speeds up and initiates defensive maneuvers. They were flying pretty low, preparing for landing, and had been targetted by some kind of ancient, yet effective FLAK system. One shard hit the aircraft and killed the Commander on the spot, blood falling as a veil onto his face. They were about to crashland...

From the outside, it seemed as if a big, flying Thor's Hammer was leaving behind a trailing of smoke across the blue and white of the Icelandic landscape. When they crashed, the smoke and the fire, black, red, gold, would paint a German flag onto the wreckage. There had been 50 passengers. Maybe half would survive...

[b]De Dam, Amsterdam[/b]

Thousands gathered at Dam Square, which lies in the historical center of Amsterdam. The atmosphere was that of fear, as the news of the disaster at Iceland and the brewing upheaval in Asgaard shoke many people's faith of Hethnamark. Some were calling to join Germany, others forming an union with the Scandinavians and the Swedes. In the midst of those whirlwind of panic, there was a public call for a meeting at de Dam. There, a small group of people surrounded the National Monument.

Emma stood in front of tall tower, looking at the scared eyes which were looking at her. She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath.

"Fellow citizens of Amsterdam, we are facing a great peril of our time. The central government is in ruins, various parts of Hethnamark are threatening to be under small dictatorships, and this is happening as Europe is going through a dark phase as never before, with war rising on the horizon. Many are worried, fearful for the future, and some have turned to the very forces that would bring down. This is not the right path."

She held out her hands as if she was carrying a delicate ball, while the people were becoming absorbed into her words.

[center][IMG]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac318/kousenkankou/Characters/Emma-1.png[/IMG][/center]
"What are we? We, the people of Holand, are the most open and forward of Hethnamark. It is us that have kept the country from becoming truly shut off from the world, with our open commitment to prosperity and peace. We, the most populous province, are the backbone of the well-being of Hethnamark. If we fall, Hethnamark falls, and Nordland falls. If Nordland falls, then it is the victory of the lesser, cruder Germans who wish to dominate all of their kin into a single entity under a single "leader".

People, look at the inscription carried on the pillar of our National Monument!"

[i]Hic ubi cor patriae monumentum cordibus intus
quod gestant cives spectet ad astra dei.[/i]

"This is where we have buried the heart of our fatherland, the heart that protected us from the criminal hands of those that tried to take our freedom, our rights away. Just as we gaze at God's stars, it is here that we look towards what we have spilled our blood for. What is it that we fought for? [b][i]Freiheit![/b][/i]"

Loud applauses rocked the square, with the broadcast being transmitted all around Noord-Holland. As the dark clouds of authoritarianism gathered over Hethnamark, a bright beam of light pierced through, showing the true path which Hethnamark was to go. Energized by the moving speech, citizens began organizing into a more centralized government intended to hold Groter-Friesland together until the entire country could get back on its feet. Only when the people were the voice of the nation could there be the true Nords, and it would be the duty for them to unite all Nordic people - the Germanics - against the truth threats to the Volk.

But attention was cut short. Soon enough, a group of individuals in brown uniforms would gather nearby with red flags, and start to drown her out with megaphones. They had the same Mjollnir-sickle banner that had once become *almost* popular in Germania, and proceeded to speak in favor of such concepts such as The Revolution. Where were the policemen when these individuals started to drive up a small tank of French origin towards a bank, proceeding to blast it open with a series of rockets. These guys did not preach, but intended on taking the safe with them altogether!

No policemen did show up, but a column in black started marching in, looking to be much more disciplined than the Communists, by the way they marched, with a collection of rifles. They were carrying with them a simple black and white banner with a Fasces on the center in red, and several roman-style standards. Most of those that had gathered dispersed immediately, as the two factions were about to begin fighting. It only took some more seconds for the first Communist to throw a grenade towards the Black Shirts, that dispersed and took cover behind buildings, and anything else that might just do the trick. It was a small war in Holland proper.

Siegfried crawled out of the wreckage in a daze. Flames lanced through the dark Icelandic night, illuminating the area. Struggling to his feet, Siegfried looked around for other survivors. He would pull them away from the burning cargo plane. Those that could stand he would leave for the moment, those that couldn't, he would do whatever he could for them, although it was not much. All in all about twenty one survived the crash.

"Well." Said Siegfried, taking the initiative with a lack of officers. "I suppose we should head for the nearest sign of civilisation."

"Our objective was Akureyri. When we came under fire, we were just passing over Laxamyri." A soldier with a thick Faroese accent piped up. "According to the maps, the closest town would be Thoroddsstadhur. We should be able to find transport and assistance there."

"Where are we though? Have we already passed Thoroddsstadhur or not?" Another soldier, a German, replied.

"Well...If we head south-west, and we run into mountains, we will need to head back the other way. If we run into a river, we cross it and follow it north until we reach a village...or the coast."

"Well. We will need stretchers for some of these men and we need all the weapons and supplies are still salvageable. I guess we should wait until the fires go out."

-----

By dawn, the motley crew were on the move. They would walk for most of the day carrying the injured and their supplies on makeshift stretchers; made from bits of the plane tied together with strips of clothing. They had buried the dead before the moved on. It was unceremonious and quick, but it was the best they could do in the circumstances. They reached the River [i]Skjálfandafljót[/i] in the late afternoon. It was a massive river, not particularly fast flowing down here on the flatlands, but it was wide and icy cold and they had no choice but to cross. By the time they reached Thoroddsstadhur; a small collection of houses and some farmsteads, they would attempt to acquire transport and lodging for the night. They would hope to make better time towards Akureyri the next day.

[b]OOC:[/b] Martens, I am assumeing the plane was coming across northern Iceland from the Scandinavian Peninsular, if this is not so, tell me and I'll make some changes. Also, what kind of euipment would these guys likely to be able to salvage from the wreck?

Somebody said, with a Norwiegan or perhaps Swedish accent, "I think we should just leave them behind. You all seem to be forgetting that we are in a warzone. The wounded are dead weight and may end up burning our own pyres instead. This is like saying "Oh please ambush us now" to me. They have enough supplies to last until they get rescued, unless they were [i]chosen[/i] already without us knowing."

An Icelander complained, "I do not see why we have abandoned our mission. We are going to get in trouble for this..."

They did not really feel the cold. Not unless they wanted to. Extreme cold weather was very commonplace in Hethnamark, be it in the far north or the far south, so that even the standard militia equipment and gear were well adapted for such situations. They could cross the river without actually getting wet, such were the wonders of modern technology. These guys had the standard gear, in the snow chamo version, they were like lightweight versions of the Einherjar Class Armor (Which itself is like the armors from Jin-Roh) which allowed for greater movement with less encumbrance. They had all that which they needed for survival in the form of supplies and first aid in a backpack, like all respectable armies in the world, and they also had visors to protect themselves from the sun's reflection upon the ice, which can be very damaging although one may not at first realize it. In fact, a few probably had a bit of sunscreen on their faces, which were typically the only part of the body without cover (Excepting when using the gasmasks, which they did not currently need).

Their standard rifle was an improved AN-94, but some had a Heckler and Koch G11. Slightly improved Rheinmetall MG3s were also available if they had chose to take a heavy weapon with them, and there were also a number of Panzerfaust 3s that they could gather. Well, there was basically a small arsenal in the plane, which was a blessing and a curse, if they had sticked around it'd have probably exploded on their faces. From oversized explosives to scalpel-like sniper rifles, they had it all. And it was all made in Hethnamark.

Thorodsstadhur was...peaceful. Peaceful but armed, its people were being quite careful and it showed. Collections of Icelanders and other assortment Germanic Comrades awaited, there were some improvised guard towers, so that they were aware of the soldiers' arrival. The first words that they would hear - after a sigh of relief - would be a "Thank Gods you're from the Government."

That is to say, they were thankful that they were not Raiders or Foreigners, or some other kind of troublemakers.

A man which, although not old, had a somewhat elderly and stereotypically wise appearance due to a large beard welcomed them. "I am the Burgmeister of Thorodsstadhur and allow me to welcome you to our village. I have summoned our Doctor already so that he may take care of the wounded. Were you already in a fight? Where are you from? Are there more coming our way?"

There was a great deal of anticipation, as if they expected to hear that endless columns of Soldaten were on their way to restore order at last. However, that did not seem to be the case...

OOC: You got it right.

"I am sorry, but we are the only soldiers for the moment. We were dispatched from Asgaard after reports of a raid on Akureyri. We were shot down on our way over." Siegfried told the man. "We need somewere to stay for the night and transport. We have enough food for now, but we would also like to leave our wounded in the care of your doctor until someone can come and pick them up."

"Oh..." They seemed dissapointed that further soldiers weren't on their way. They seemed to lose hope a little.

"We will take the wounded, but we warn you that it is not necessarily safe around here. Well, you know that already...don't you."

"Transport? Hm. We will see what we can do. Come, we will find you rooms...get some rest."

Some remained in an inn, while others remained in different families' houses. When the next day came, Sigfried was contacted by the Burgmeister again, and asked to check out the vehicles that they had been able to gather for them.

There was one armored car with a machinegun, that belonged to the local police. There were two police bikes to go along with it too, and several 4x4 civilian vehicles... Probably not enough, but...then, an old veteran that happened to be missing a leg and an eye, and looked to be as old as warfare came along with some difficulty. "Wait!" - "Are you going to rid us of the Raiders and the Christies? They have been stealing my stuff...er, our stuff. Kom! I have something that you guys can use...yes..."

A few blocks away, there was a big warehouse, which the man opened. What he unveiled was an ancient piece of technology, used (successfully, in Russia) by what once had been Nordheim - the country. The tank had been named simply Panzer III, but had been quickly nicknamed "Martens' Revenge". Back then, it was famous for it's frontal armor's ability to resist or even bounce off anything the Russian tanks could throw at it. But now most were found in museums or unused emergency depots. Like this one. It even had the old Nordheim markings on it, too. There were many Kill Rings on it, too.

[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii29/voxpopuli_album/e79_5.jpg[/img]

"It was mine. Mine and my crew's. I retired after taking Moscow, and got to keep it. It is my baby. I have taken good care of it through and through..." He smiled fondly, but suddenly turned much more serious. "Restore order to the Northern Realm."

As if coming back to life after a necromantic experiment, the powerful machine suddenly roared and started to spit smoke from its exhausts. It was much louder than modern tanks, and an old lady crawled out of the hatch. "It is ready, Darling." - The old veteran smiled and helped her down. "Dank u wel...now..let's let these Gentleman get things straightened out..."

They wanted transport, they said...

----------------------------

Over at Martenshaven...

The Burgmeister of Martenshaven looked outside of the great fortress-tower and felt his eyes widening in both fear and anger. He slammed his fist upon the window frame and turned around, yelling to a General and a Minister, "HOW CAN THIS BE? We have been invaded! We, the fortress-city of Martenshaven! This is betrayal! All those people...I don't believe it! Have you gotten any word yet?"

"Reykjavik is unresponsive, Asgaard has its hands full. Other zones have their own problems..." - said a nervous, balding General.

"I will NOT stand for this! How many do we have left?"

The General checked out a piece of paper and said, "1000 Einherjar, 700 Valkyries, 5000 Soldiers, 3300 Militians...not enough to retake the city. But our supply situation is good, and this place is well fortified. The Bastion is defensible."

"Good!" He turned to the Minister "Cut out their services. Let us see how enthusiastic they are without light and water. Announce at once that we will resist until we receive reinforcements. Do not fire unless they fire first." - And with that, the cannons of the gray fortress took aim, but did not shoot. It was a siege, like in the old days...

The situation was similar in Luxemburg, only that the loyalists had regrouped around a small castle, which they had began to call "Fort Hope", although it was neither a fort nor too hopeful, either...

Somebody noticed odd movements in the Rotterdam Cathedral, which was probably one of the last two or three churches in Hethnamark. Somebody would regret not having demolished it, as the "enemy" made it their own. Still, at least out of curiosity many people would approach to see if help would be needed. It was worth a shot, and it was better than organizing in "gangs" for self defence...

-------

Back in Akureyri...

The Snorri had better be careful. Before this mess, people would have looked at him oddly. But now, they were liable to shoot him for treason on the spot. More than once in the following days, similar situations would happen. As things got worse, people became more paranoid, and considered them to be invaders. Generally, the Atheists were the ones that, ironically, didn't care much about them and sometimes offered them some aid, or at least were healthily indifferent.

When they entered Akureyri itself, they would find the surprise of their lives. There was apparently a pre-existent Christian community there. Could it be, that Hethnamark wasn't as Heathen as it seemed to be? If it weren't for their uniforms, the locals would have probably attempted to slaughter them. But maybe they would instead join strengths.

Within the next hour, thirty riders - the same group as before - precipitated towards Akureyri, unaware that the Cross-Bearers were this time, ready to defend themselves. They were not there to chat this time, their weapons were blazing and their swords swinging: Their means of existance had dwindled, so their methods had become more cruel and desperate. Like in Roman legends, they yelled and screamed atrociously while attacking, unloading lead and fire everywhere, relying on sheer terror to do most of the job. Soon, houses were burning, and many were simply running away.

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1328012085' post='2911483']
Over at Martenshaven...

The Burgmeister of Martenshaven looked outside of the great fortress-tower and felt his eyes widening in both fear and anger. He slammed his fist upon the window frame and turned around, yelling to a General and a Minister, "HOW CAN THIS BE? We have been invaded! We, the fortress-city of Martenshaven! This is betrayal! All those people...I don't believe it! Have you gotten any word yet?"

"Reykjavik is unresponsive, Asgaard has its hands full. Other zones have their own problems..." - said a nervous, balding General.

"I will NOT stand for this! How many do we have left?"

The General checked out a piece of paper and said, "1000 Einherjar, 700 Valkyries, 5000 Soldiers, 3300 Militians...not enough to retake the city. But our supply situation is good, and this place is well fortified. The Bastion is defensible."

"Good!" He turned to the Minister "Cut out their services. Let us see how enthusiastic they are without light and water. Announce at once that we will resist until we receive reinforcements. Do not fire unless they fire first." - And with that, the cannons of the gray fortress took aim, but did not shoot. It was a siege, like in the old days...

The situation was similar in Luxemburg, only that the loyalists had regrouped around a small castle, which they had began to call "Fort Hope", although it was neither a fort nor too hopeful, either...

Somebody noticed odd movements in the Rotterdam Cathedral, which was probably one of the last two or three churches in Hethnamark. Somebody would regret not having demolished it, as the "enemy" made it their own. Still, at least out of curiosity many people would approach to see if help would be needed. It was worth a shot, and it was better than organizing in "gangs" for self defence...[/quote]

“The government of the city is fortifying, Master.” A small man with a tincture approached the Grand Master.

“Let them. We do not need the bastion – we have the banks.”

“They have severed access to electricity and clean water in the city – the people may be less willing to support us in this case.” A nearby knight rejoined.

“You dare to question? We have light in what we can burn, and clean drinking water is not difficult to obtain if rationed properly. People can bathe in the sea – if they ration the plastic bottles of water we have throughout the city, there will be no trouble. As for the facilities – let them use buckets of sea water. There’s no real need for filtered, clean water in those cases.”

“So be it. We’ll send forth the word and begin gathering bottled water from all the people of the city who will spare it.” The Seneschal had just arrived. “When will we engage the city officials?”

“Engage them? What for? Let their soldiers grow weary of their ineffective government and come to us. Besiege the bastion and blockade it. They do not have infinite supplies and we are not cut-off from the outside world. Our brothers in Luxembourg can still reach us. Gather those that we do have and arm them for defence of the city’s ports against invasion – as for the city ‘leaders’, we have no reason to fight them. They will join us out of necessity eventually.” The Grand Master replied firmly, “issue the public statement that if violence is done to the leaders of the city and the bastion is attacked, it will not be by the Knights, as we would rather have friends in order than enemies in chaos. We can do little to stop the citizens of the city from attacking, but as for us we are inviting the former leaders and their military to join us in the restoration of Order to Martenshaven.”

In Luxembourg, the Templar leader was more aggressive. The Knight Marshal of the City had managed to seize some supplies and ammunition and had the castle of loyalists under active siege. His orders from the Grand Master were to offer terms of surrender, which he readily did, but the surrender-or-die ultimatum he had issued had received no positive response from the occupants of the castle. No direct attack had yet been made, but the siege had cut off all food, water, and other supplies from going into the castle. Smugglers who had been caught had been beheaded, their heads thrown over the walls of the castle tied to wooden boards with messages of warning.

Word of the violence reached Rotterdam and Martenshaven soon enough, provoking anger in the Grand Master who relieved and summoned the Knight Marshall of Luxembourg south and provoking concern in the Knight Marshal of Rotterdam, who had guaranteed the peaceful intentions of the Order and his own desire for Order and Law without violence and death. Those who he had gathered to the Cathedral were similarly appalled by the news, Ritter Claas addressed the occupants of the Church with harsh words for the violence and promises that the Grand Master would without a doubt be issuing the severest of punishments for the perpetrators and, if he did not, the Knights of Rotterdam would. The people seemed reassured by the speech, but he still had reason for concern.

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1328012085' post='2911483']Back in Akureyri...

The Snorri had better be careful. Before this mess, people would have looked at him oddly. But now, they were liable to shoot him for treason on the spot. More than once in the following days, similar situations would happen. As things got worse, people became more paranoid, and considered them to be invaders. Generally, the Atheists were the ones that, ironically, didn't care much about them and sometimes offered them some aid, or at least were healthily indifferent.

When they entered Akureyri itself, they would find the surprise of their lives. There was apparently a pre-existent Christian community there. Could it be, that Hethnamark wasn't as Heathen as it seemed to be? If it weren't for their uniforms, the locals would have probably attempted to slaughter them. But maybe they would instead join strengths.

Within the next hour, thirty riders - the same group as before - precipitated towards Akureyri, unaware that the Cross-Bearers were this time, ready to defend themselves. They were not there to chat this time, their weapons were blazing and their swords swinging: Their means of existance had dwindled, so their methods had become more cruel and desperate. Like in Roman legends, they yelled and screamed atrociously while attacking, unloading lead and fire everywhere, relying on sheer terror to do most of the job. Soon, houses were burning, and many were simply running away.
[/quote]

“So much for the parley,” Njall quipped to Egil as he buried his sword in one of the raiders. The group was too big for the knights to handle on their own, but luckily the raiders seemed more interested in looting than fighting, and the Templars hadn’t yet been really mobbed by the attackers.

“We did what we are bound to do by oath,” Egil shot back, himself in cover behind an overturned table that had been defenestrated from the third floor of the burning building behind him. “It’s the rigtheous way to fight” he fired off a pistol shot at a raider behind Njall and clipped his arm, distracting, but not killing him.

“Bound by oath my foot. We could have laid traps on the road in for them and prevented them from even getting in here.” Njall had turned around and was now battling with the raider Egil had shot.

While those two were bickering, Snorri had organised some of the Christian men onto a barricade near the church, ready to withstand the attack. Most of the townspeople had begun to flee at the first appearance of the raiders, but Snorri had managed to rally at least some of them to the Church, much to the chagrin of the priest, who had his own faction of supporters. It only increased the chaos brought on by the attack.

Eirik had made his way into one of the taverns, and had laid his hands to as much grain alcohol as he could loot from the stores. He appeared himself to be one of the pillagers, and had therefore escaped the notice of the raiders but gotten himself into quite the fight with some of the people in the bar. His fight had rewarded him with some torn shirts and table clothes, which he quickly stuck in the open bottles of whiskey, vodka, and grain alcohol and began to ignite. His first target was a group of raiders who had foolishly gathered in a group to force entry into one of the few houses not already on fire. He tossed two bottles in their direction, igniting the pavement around them and quickly setting some of their furs aflame as well.

At Rotterdam, things were seen to soon change.

They asked no words, but moved forwards. It was a column in black, seen before, only that this time, it was much bigger. Their uniforms had little distinctions on, for the casual eye, but their standards were unmistakeable. The Black Shirts had arrived at the Cathedral, this time with light armor to support them. Without giving peace a chance, the vanguard knelt down and pulled out their Panzerfaust IVs, aiming for the large building and firing, while beyond, someone in command of a tankette made it a point to fire at the cross on top of the building, turning it into nothing. A man on top of the one and only Tank that they seemed to have pointed towards the building with a sword and yelled: [i]"AVANTI!"[/i]

It seemed that not everyone was willing to accept the newcomers.

-----------

At Iceland, the situation turned chaotic.

The Raiders ended up needing to fall back, but this was soon an unorderly retreat when another group of Cross-bearers intercepted their retreat with a bunch of cars that had improvised armor reinforcement on them, one of which with a MG4 on the roof. They had to run away elsewhere, and had to leave behind their loot...

...The result was that the ten or so raiders, wounded and beaten up would run into the advancing soldiers from Thoroddhstadur, and would try to play the victims after all, pleading to the soldiers.

[i]"We went to Akureyri...to pacify the rebel town! Christians have taken over and expelled the Loyal ones! We attempted to fight back, but...we lost most of our people, we were outnumbered! Some tried to surrender, but were executed! You have got to help us! Help us save Iceland from them!" - A man dramatically exclaimed, getting on his knees. "Thank the Gods you are here! They want to convert our country by force!"[/i]

The lie was, like all good lies, only half-life half-truth. Facts had been manipulated in such a way that at this rate, even if the Soldiers ended up suspecting something, they would probably think that [i]both[/i] sides were being dishonest. What would they choose?

When Siegfried’s band of troops encountered the raiders on the road to Akureyri, they were unsure of him. It was a bit of an overly dramatic performance. "[i]Well, we are here now. You are all to return to your homes. We will deal with the situation in Akureyri.[/i]" They would continue down the road and into town. They would make for the centre of town, where (they assumed) most people would be. Witnessing the destruction, Siegfried stood atop the Panzer, and looked over the town.

"[i]People of Akureyri! I am Siegfried Tyrsson, commander of this party. We have been sent from Asgaard after reports of violence here. Someone is to tell me what has been going on![/i]"

Over the next following days, Holland was thrown into turmoil as the mini civil war between the liberal conservatives, the communists, and the fascists. In a raging fight, the communists were completely liquidation in a week of urban warfare, and soon the Fasces flew over all of Holland. Preparations were made to push north into the conservative areas. It seemed as if the fascists would now be in complete control of Friesland.....

But this was not to be. A great fleet from Iceland appeared with three aircraft ships flying a red cross flag with a red crescent in the center left, and helped the conservatives maintain their positions. About a hundred thousand combat troops poured into the provinces of Friesland and Groningen, and backed up by a thousand tanks managed to even take over Texel and Den Helder, thereby bringing a stalemate to the conservative-fascist conflict. With the front being stagnant, the conservatives were able to raise up their own troops and effectively turn northern Frisia into a stronghold. Now, the only moving place was in the south, around Rotterdam....

Edited by Kankou

...And then, the Swedes came.

Playtime in Hethnamark was over. They would land in every different area, although some were pacified by now, to assert the authority of the new Sverige-Hethnamark State. With overwhelming numbers and colaboration of the Hethnamark Remanents, things would quickly work out. The exceptions were Frisia, Iceland, Luxembourg and Martenshaven, where things were more complicated, more flammable.

When they noticed that Papuans were interfering with the situation in Frisia, the government considered that it constituted an act of war and an invasion. They were given 24 hours to leave, after which they'd be treated as enemies. Some officers argued that they should be outright destroyed as is, but the benefit of the doubt was given.

The Fascists were seen to be the most cohesive group, a deal would be reached with them, by the end of it, they would assist with the pacification of Frisia...

And then at last, it was time to end the Crusade which had invaded the other territories.

In Hamburg and Osterbotten, new vessels had been created. The brand-new Hethnamark Navy would split in two and head for Iceland and Martenshaven, filled with North Germans, Swedes, and the Aesir guard to land and put an end to these problems. The first landing took place on Eastern Iceland, where the blue-gold banner started to occupy more and more territory. A week later, warships were seen approaching to Martenshaven. In the meantime, the Fascists and the Swedish had organized a fairly large army group destined to liberate Luxembourg.

"Peace? Peace is just a matter of time now. First we deal with our own invaders. Then we deal with Finland's."

The intervention by the Papuan Germanics in Frisia was due to the increasingly bloody purges the fascists had been conducting in the region. With each city that fell, lynching occurred with those of non-fascist affiliation being strung up on lampposts and thrown out of windows. The main fascist leaders in the south were unable to control the excess of their more radical northern members, and as such this became a humanitarian issue. However, there was opposition to this action among the conservatives, with the national conservatives to the east, led by Emma, condemning external interference even if it was for a good reason.

With the restoration of a strong central government devoted to national unity and the Swedes coming in to install order, there was no need for further operations in the region. The only problem now was the worsening situation in the general Atlantic as the African crisis continued pulling in Europe and North America. It was not an environment to be passing through, and as such a request was sent to see whether the ships and troops might be allowed to temporarily be docked at Iceland with weapons being surrendered.

[i]The End of the Storm....[/i]

Reykjavik's Port...

A bearded man sat againt the railing near the edge of the water, reading the newspaper. There were two massive ships nearby, oil tankers, but lacking their usual cargo. The newspaper read, "Peace in Hethnamark - Swedes bring down the Hammer". It detailed how one by one, each conflict zone was pacified simply by swedes showing up in overwhelming numbers. There is a large picture of someone in Luxemburg waving a Hethnamark and a Swedish flag, crying in joy when the tanks moved in after destroying the Christian Sect that had taken over. The next page has the picture of two of their leaders, with a 1 million Nordmark bounty each, dead or alive. Pictures of the fighting in Martenshaven also exist, where the amphibious operation to recapture the city and lift the fortress' siege are shown with detailed maps. Two members in black shirts are shown hacking down a cross utilizing their Fasces to do so, somewhat awkwardly, but decisively nevertheless. Later on the Papuans get much less attention, but it is clear that their machines have been taken away from them and rest someplace in Sweden, while the actual individuals were retained, interned in Faroe until the situation in far eastern waters change.

Not far, Swedish crews are helping rebuild the lava-damaged city, and cranes remove the excess rock, which had once been a fluid liquid. Some buildings are being rebuilt from scratch, and the weather is great. One of the massive ships sailing off contains volunteers and recruits that are headed for Osterbotten and Finland, ready to fight the Russians. There are several tanks on the deck. The other leaving ship has a number of sad-looking people enter it: They were dissidents, which had been expelled. Among them, was a priest from Akureyri and his people, in exile, and ironically, the same raiders that had looted the same small town were literally put in the same boat and removed. Sometimes problems did not get solved, sometimes they were outright removed. They would travel around the world looking for someplace to settle. Someplace not Sverige-Hethnamark.

Thordarsson started speaking on the radio about the sinking of 4 pirate ships that had previously raided Iceland, and stated that within one year Iceland would be completely rebuilt. But would the Eastern War even be over, one year from now?

The man folds the newspaper and goes for a drink.