Diplomatic Dispatch to Prussia

Malatose

To: Prussia

Dear Friends,

The Greater German Reich invites you to Berlin to discuss the future of relations between our two countries. We do hope you are able to attend this meeting.

Signed,
Reichspräsident
Jorhan Stahl

[size="1"][b]OOC: We can skip to the meeting[/b][/size]

Upon arriving in Berlin, the Prussian delegation would be welcomed by the Ceremonial Honor Guard of the German Heer. Afterwards, they were driven to the Reich Chancellery where Reichspräsident Jorhan Stahl was waiting at the entrance.

"Welcome to Berlin. It's an honor to have you here." Stahl then led the group of men to conference room where the meeting would take place. "Please have a seat and relax. I'd like to reiterate that it's a pleasure having you here. I do hope we can make some progress today."

"It is an honor to finally be back in Berlin," Tolkien replied as he followed Stahl to the conference room. His two guards, in ceremonial Prussian blues, remained by the door when they entered. "It's as splendid as it has ever been. I haven't visited the city since before I was Chancellor, and before the disbandment of the Germanic Union, but I'm not surprised to see the new administration has been doing its utmost to preserve Germania's gemstone." He took a seat at the conference table opposite Stahl and laced his fingers together on the table. "So, Herr Stahl, where would you like to begin?"

"We have been neighbors for awhile. We share the same culture, and we share the same historical backgrounds. In my opinion, it doesn't benefit us to be apart. Therefore, I propose that we sign a treaty. A treaty that will unite our two countries and push us into the future together."

Konstantin couldn't help but chuckle. "Straight to the point, eh? I like that, it pisses me off when members of our [i]Reichstag[/i] beat around the bush. Once, Prussia stood beside Germania and Austria, tied together by the [i]Brüderpakt[/i]. Although the regimes that signed that deal are no more, the Prussian people still view yours as brothers...close cousins, in the case of eastern Germany." The chancellor laughed lightly once more. "I strongly agree with your sentiments, but I must know what you had in mind before I give my official approval. The [i]Reichstag[/i] indicated they would favor up to an MDoAP with Germany, plus a clause promoting German-Prussian trade."

Stahl smiled, "It would seem that your Reichstag has the same idea. We would be open to signing a MDoAP with your country. As you have stated, we are brothers, and it wouldn't benefit us to drift apart. In regards to economics, we'd be open to putting such a clause in the agreement. It'll do nothing but promote good-will and trust between the citizens of both our countries. In addition, military cooperation should also be a top priority. If necessary, we can supply your country with new armaments, and provide the necessary training to use the weapons efficiently."

"That is acceptable. Our armed forces have been making use of primarily NATO equipment, though we use a number of weapons and vehicles attained from the Germanic Union's stockpiles in Preußen and Memelgebiet. We would be interested in purchasing a few samples of your armaments for testing purposes, and perhaps more, should they prove more effective than our current equipment. Do you have a rough draft of this agreement prepared, or do we need to put it together?"

"We'd be happy to give you samples of all our equipment, so you can run the proper testing. After testing, just let us know what fit your specifications, and we'll begin arms shipments. In regards to a draft, we do have one prepared." Stahl grabbed his dossier and pulled out a draft of the proposed agreement. He then handed it to Konstantin.

[quote]Article I: Mutual Defense

Any declaration upon both nations is considered an act of aggression to the undersigned nations. Peace will only be offered through mutual consent of the nations represented by the undersigned; and only accepted under the same terms. Diplomatic channels will remain open in the event that a declaration of war by an outside nation is an unsanctioned operation.

Article II: Mutual Aggression

Neither nation is obliged to partake in assistance in offensive wars, all military or monetary support is strictly to be decided by each sovereign state, yet both are encouraged to support each other when needed.

Article III: Espionage

Neither nation may directly participate in espionage of any type, regardless of situation and target. If either one of the undersigning nation conducts espionage on the other signatory, this pact will be revoked immediately following a 24-hour truce. If either nation bound to this pact conducts espionage on a non-signing nation, it is grounds for revocation, but such action may or may not be taken by the other signatory’s leaders.

Article IV: Termination

This treaty shall only be terminated if either undersigned nation chooses to exit this treaty or if Article III is found to be violated by a member state. If one of the undersigned chooses to terminate this pact, they must give five (5) days notice before the treaty is officially dissolved in which they remain fully bonded to the provisions contained therein.

The Undersigned do agree to respect and adhere to the Articles written above, both in the spirit and letter in which they are written. [/quote]

Konstantin scanned the treaty and set it down on the table. "I find no problem with what is currently contained in this draft, but I would like to make a few additions, if you don't mind." He took a pen from his jacket and wrote down a few additions to the treaty before handing it back to Stahl. "How does that strike you?"

[quote]Article I. Nonaggression
Neither nation shall engage in military operations against their counterpart, nor shall they provide any form of financial or military assistance to any nation or organization engaged in hostile action against either signatory.

Article II. Sovereignty
The undersigned nations recognize that this treaty does not merge or in any way affect their respective government, and agree not to attempt to undermine or disrupt the internal administrative actions of their counterpart, diplomatically, militarily, or otherwise.

Article III. Commerce
The signatories of this pact agree to reduce or remove tariffs on all trade between them and endeavor to increase trade.

Article IV: Mutual Defense

Any declaration upon both nations is considered an act of aggression to the undersigned nations. Peace will only be offered through mutual consent of the nations represented by the undersigned; and only accepted under the same terms. Diplomatic channels will remain open in the event that a declaration of war by an outside nation is an unsanctioned operation.

Article V: Mutual Aggression

Neither nation is obliged to partake in assistance in offensive wars, all military or monetary support is strictly to be decided by each sovereign state, yet both are encouraged to support each other when needed.

Article VI: Espionage

Neither nation may directly participate in espionage of any type, regardless of situation and target. If either one of the undersigning nation conducts espionage on the other signatory, this pact will be revoked immediately following a 24-hour truce. If either nation bound to this pact conducts espionage on a non-signing nation, it is grounds for revocation, but such action may or may not be taken by the other signatory’s leaders.

Article VII: Termination

This treaty shall only be terminated if either undersigned nation chooses to exit this treaty or if Article VI is found to be violated by a member state. If one of the undersigned chooses to terminate this pact, they must give five (5) days notice before the treaty is officially dissolved in which they remain fully bonded to the provisions contained therein.

The Undersigned do agree to respect and adhere to the Articles written above, both in the spirit and letter in which they are written.

[i]Signed for the Kingdom of Prussia,[/i]
Alaric I von Ösel
[b]König von Preußen[/b]

Konstantin Tolkien
[b]Reichskanzler[/b]

Approved by the First Prussian Reichstag

[i]Signed for the Greater German Reich,[/i]
Reichspräsident
Jorhan Stahl[/quote]

Edited by Rauchen

After the adjustments were made by Konstantin, Stahl took a moment to read over them. "I have no problems with these adjustments." He smiled and grabbed a pen from his assistant and signed the document.

[quote][b]Signed for the Greater German Reich,[/b]
Reichspräsident
Jorhan Stahl [/quote]

Konstantin signed the treaty as well and had a copy sent back to Prussia for approval by King Alaric and the Reichstag, which voted 68-23 in favor of the bill, with 9 legislators abstaining.

[quote]Signed for the Kingdom of Prussia,
Alaric I von Ösel
[b]König von Preußen[/b]

Konstantin Tolkien
[b]Reichskanzler[/b]

Approved by the First Prussian Reichstag[/quote]