A Federation of Buccaneers Announcement

Sagha

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1326743803' post='2901018']
They shouldn't have to. The original FoB faded out due to inactivity and these dudes stayed on the AA the whole time, now they either have to join the new FoB or...I assume...face consequences.
[/quote]
Why would they face consequences? I'm not sure why if you were reforming an alliance the people on it would face "consequences" except in the case of GRE.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1326743803' post='2901018']
They shouldn't have to. The original FoB faded out due to inactivity and these dudes stayed on the AA the whole time, now they either have to join the new FoB or...I assume...face consequences.
[/quote]

Are you debating this topic for possible future issues that may occur? There is a total of one nation within the Federation of Buccaneers that has been there for a decent period of time. Jay Booler has been under that AA for 1,186 days. Since he has been in that alliance during so many wars it's kind of ironic how low his casualty numbers are. If you catch my drift he isn't much of a participate in alliance affairs and shouldn't be using 'Even though the Federation is defunct, I will not change my AA until given a very good reason. Protectorate of The Last Remnants' as his nation information since the AA is defunct and he hasn't stated that he planned on doing anything with the AA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe AAs that are defunct no longer hold valid treaties.

As I said in my previous post though, since he doesn't intend to do anything with the AA he should either join the reformation or find somewhere else to go.

Edited by Tick1

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1326741449' post='2901003']
Ye were better off at the bottom of the ocean, dead and capsized.
[/quote]
Aww, did FoB make you cry when they !@#$stomped your pathetic little alliance?

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1326745895' post='2901032']
Are you debating this topic for possible future issues that may occur? There is a total of one nation within the Federation of Buccaneers that has been there for a decent period of time. Jay Booler has been under that AA for 1,186 days. Since he has been in that alliance during so many wars it's kind of ironic how low his casualty numbers are. If you catch my drift he isn't much of a participate in alliance affairs and shouldn't be using 'Even though the Federation is defunct, I will not change my AA until given a very good reason. Protectorate of The Last Remnants' as his nation information since the AA is defunct and he hasn't stated that he planned on doing anything with the AA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe AAs that are defunct no longer hold valid treaties.

As I said in my previous post though, since he doesn't intend to do anything with the AA he should either join the reformation or find somewhere else to go.
[/quote]

There are 2 guys on the FoB AA that have been there at least 900 days, that chose to retire on the AA. It doesn't matter what you assume their activity has been over the years. They were still their first and now homesteaders are infringing on their ranch.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1326761296' post='2901204']
There are 2 guys on the FoB AA that have been there at least 900 days, that chose to retire on the AA. It doesn't matter what you assume their activity has been over the years. They were still their first and now homesteaders are infringing on their ranch.
[/quote]

Maybe we should decree that any actions taken upon those two nations will be seen as an attack upon TLR. This is a good idea in my most honest opinion. Make it happen Airme.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1326761296' post='2901204']
[/quote]

Well, you have fun defending two nations against the world.

[quote name='Tick1' timestamp='1326762932' post='2901224']
Well, you have fun defending two nations against the world.
[/quote]

You can't really dictate who TLR decides to protect and who they don't. We were entrusted to protect the AA eternally. Even a quick visit to our wiki would have told them that. If one of those 2 guys come to us and tell us they don't want someone on their AA you better believe that we will do something about it.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1326763752' post='2901232']
You can't really dictate who TLR decides to protect and who they don't. We were entrusted to protect the AA eternally. Even a quick visit to our wiki would have told them that. If one of those 2 guys come to us and tell us they don't want someone on their AA you better believe that we will do something about it.
[/quote]

I echo this sentiment. FoB were my blood brothers. And while I wish this new FoB all the luck in the world, I am upset that this is happening now rather than when FoB really needed it.

Best of luck to this new FoB, although I must say you all leaving during TOP-CnG left a bad taste in my mouth.

As for the Legacy - TLR situation, I appreciate the efforts put forth by Sarm and Spartacus to bridge this problematic situation. I hope for a speedy resolution and a new attempt at getting to know FoB 2.0.

AirMe, the 2 nations sitting in the AA were contacted, Jaybooler's response was one that was all for it as he is a Buccaneer who joined when we first formed the AA. THe two were contacted and no dislike for the idea was presented.

Edited by Sagha

[quote name='Devilyn Caster' timestamp='1326778424' post='2901363']
Best of luck to this new FoB, although I must say you all leaving during TOP-CnG left a bad taste in my mouth.

As for the Legacy - TLR situation, I appreciate the efforts put forth by Sarm and Spartacus to bridge this problematic situation. I hope for a speedy resolution and a new attempt at getting to know FoB 2.0.
[/quote]

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys better aswell, even though the start has been a bit rocky. thanks for the good luck, we appreciate it. o/

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1326719666' post='2900860']
Most of them left because they didn't want to be a puppet of a certain alliance. The rest refused to become active when an attempt was made to restructure and rebuild the alliance.

I promise you, I'm not making this up.
[/quote]
I don't understand how that is substantially different from what I said, although it was less to not be a puppet and more to defend a valued ally while other allies were holding us back.

[quote name='Devilyn Caster' timestamp='1326778424' post='2901363']
[/quote]
I and others feel bad about that, but it wasn't TOP-CnG at that point in time. Declaring on NpO would probably have gotten FoB ejected from CnG and there was no way those of us who left were going to leave PC hanging.

Either way, sorry. =LOST= was the best ally anyone could ask for.

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1326784058' post='2901394']
This would be better without legacy.
[/quote]

But let's be honest here, what wouldn't be better without them? They're terrible. They even get dumped on by people who are "NONPARTICIPANT IN CN POLITICS." :rolleyes:

Sagha, good luck with your new (old) pursuit. We'll miss you over here, but I'm glad to see that you're on to something close to your heart. Good luck--you know where to find me.

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1326789627' post='2901419']
I don't understand how that is substantially different from what I said, although it was less to not be a puppet and more to defend a valued ally while other allies were holding us back.

I and others feel bad about that, but it wasn't TOP-CnG at that point in time. Declaring on NpO would probably have gotten FoB ejected from CnG and there was no way those of us who left were going to leave PC hanging.

Either way, sorry. =LOST= was the best ally anyone could ask for.
[/quote]

My only real issue concerning you guys leaving for PC, was that everyone in C&G were assuring everyone, that a peaceful resolution to the NpO-PC,\m/,FOK war was being worked on day, and night, and progress was being made. You bailed on the bloc, then bailed on your alliance, in a rash decision, that , less than a week later, was proven to be unnecessary. We essentially pleaded with elements of FoB whom we knew were headed to PC, to just be patient. Being MOFA of Athens, we were in the same boat, we were calling other C&G members every angry name in the book for holding us back, but in the end, it was the best for our alliance, and the best for the bloc. The MK mediation between NpO and FOK, deserved to have its chance to work.

Also, my apologies for this being completely off topic.

On topic though, Stormsend is still essentially right.

Edited by Rush Sykes

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1326679446' post='2900569']
I just find it funny a bunch of people who either left in the middle of a war or who wouldn't answer alliance-wide calls to become active and help the alliance survive the first time would reform the alliance they didn't seem to care about the first go 'round.
[/quote]
That isn't exactly fair. It's not like FoB disbanded/a bunch of them left for PC a month ago. We're talking about somewhere between 1-2 years ago. Activity can vary from month to month for some, let alone years. [OOC]We don't know what was going on in the lives of the FoB members, whether it be school schedules, work schedules, love life, etc etc, and I'm sure a lot of us have either had time taken or time freed up during the course of this 1-2 years [/OOC]

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1326674744' post='2900476']
I do not recognize said reward because I did not take part in the voting! Regardless of it all, I don't think this new reincarnation will last long.

Also, just so you all know, and also in the hopes that Legacy doesn't pull another stunt like this again, this is an up to date list of all our protectorates. These are considered to be eternal protectorates.

Athens
=LOST= aka League of Shadows Treaty
Greenland Republic
[i]Federation of Buccaneers[/i]- will seek clarification on this one!
TDSM8
Ronin
NAAC aka National Alliance of Arctic Countries
[/quote]
As an ex member of LOST, I think that's pretty darn stupid. For a game with waning interest, let's take a stance that chills interest rather than encouraging it! Winners, all!!

I get it if the new FoB'ers were new to the AA, but truly, the creators of the original FoB should have some rights to it, if in fact that AA was vacated and left vacant for an extended period of time. And it sounds like TLR would have been supportive with an advance warning / heads-up. Ego still plays far too much of a role in politics...it's not about what's right, it's about whose butt is the most hurt.

Irony is that Devilyn is currently taking aid from me, and Manny would be too if he wasn't in an active war when I went to send it. Maybe we can just call them reps...

[quote name='LeDee' timestamp='1326864774' post='2902014']
As an ex member of LOST, I think that's pretty darn stupid. For a game with waning interest, let's take a stance that chills interest rather than encouraging it! Winners, all!!

I get it if the new FoB'ers were new to the AA, but truly, the creators of the original FoB should have some rights to it, if in fact that AA was vacated and left vacant for an extended period of time. And it sounds like TLR would have been supportive with an advance warning / heads-up. Ego still plays far too much of a role in politics...it's not about what's right, it's about whose butt is the most hurt.

Irony is that Devilyn is currently taking aid from me, and Manny would be too if he wasn't in an active war when I went to send it. Maybe we can just call them reps...
[/quote]

Reps? I would love reps.

Send me 15 million and we'll call it even. :>

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1326865997' post='2902025']
Reps? I would love reps.

Send me 15 million and we'll call it even. :>
[/quote]
LOL, we can probably work it out, but I'll be honest... there are several in TLR that I know / like a lot more than you. No offense, don't think we've ever met... I am in the process of giving it all away, though...

Edited by LeDee

[quote name='LeDee' timestamp='1326866160' post='2902026']
LOL, we can probably work it out, but I'll be honest... there are several in TLR that I know / like a lot more than you. No offense, don't think we've ever met... I am in the process of giving it all away, though...
[/quote]

Ignore them and send me the reps anyways. Seriously dude. You just can't offer something and then take it back. :mad:

Edited by Jgoods45