A Federation of Buccaneers Announcement

Sagha

[quote name='Spartacus1082' timestamp='1326672568' post='2900441']
Guess the fact that FoB was brought back by one of it's original founders has nothing to do with nothing then? Who has more right to the name?
[/quote]

More to do with the fact that they reformed an AA that was under our protection without informing us knowing full well that it was under our protection. Complete disregard for our sovereignty over the security aspect of that AA.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1326673517' post='2900449']
Again: What you're calling "protection" is not protection. And like any "right" around here, it is only your right inasmuch as you are able to make it your right.
[/quote]

Have a group of your friends and yourself move onto one of our protected AA's and we'll show you.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1326673853' post='2900456']
Have a group of your friends and yourself move onto one of our protected AA's and we'll show you.
[/quote]
Sorry, bro, I already won Biggest E-Peen. You're using a word that does not fit what you're doing. It's a good publicity move to moralize it, but it doesn't make it true.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1326674161' post='2900465']
Sorry, bro, I already won Biggest E-Peen. You're using a word that does not fit what you're doing. It's a good publicity move to moralize it, but it doesn't make it true.
[/quote]

I do not recognize said reward because I did not take part in the voting! Regardless of it all, I don't think this new reincarnation will last long.

Also, just so you all know, and also in the hopes that Legacy doesn't pull another stunt like this again, this is an up to date list of all our protectorates. These are considered to be eternal protectorates.

Athens
=LOST= aka League of Shadows Treaty
Greenland Republic
[i]Federation of Buccaneers[/i]- will seek clarification on this one!
TDSM8
Ronin
NAAC aka National Alliance of Arctic Countries

I find it interesting that there is so much crying over a group of friends wishing to reform their old community on a Defunct AA. Protection of an AA usually falls on the point of you will protect members that are on it from tech raiders, not from reformation.

From what I can tell and as much as anyone tries to deny it, FoB reformed and went with friends that they had made while not residing on their old AA. If FoB had asked TLR to protect them during their reformation, or any ally of TLR to protect them during their reformation there would of been no problem what so ever even if they hadn't been told.

This is more a scenario of TLR feeling betrayed an old community of friends had made other friends and decided to sign up with them instead of signing up with their old friends, than one of TLR feeling anger of an AA that was merely under their protection was rebuilt by former members without their knowledge.

Poor show FoB. Should have done things by the book.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1326669075' post='2900361']
Protecting and Bogarting are not the same thing. Sorry.
[/quote]

Oh look Schattenmann pretending to be a lawyer again. You can protect and bogart at the same time you know.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1326676122' post='2900506']
I find it interesting that there is so much crying over a group of friends wishing to reform their old community on a Defunct AA. Protection of an AA usually falls on the point of you will protect members that are on it from tech raiders, not from reformation.

From what I can tell and as much as anyone tries to deny it, FoB reformed and went with friends that they had made while not residing on their old AA. If FoB had asked TLR to protect them during their reformation, or any ally of TLR to protect them during their reformation there would of been no problem what so ever even if they hadn't been told.

This is more a scenario of TLR feeling betrayed an old community of friends had made other friends and decided to sign up with them instead of signing up with their old friends, than one of TLR feeling anger of an AA that was merely under their protection was rebuilt by former members without their knowledge.
[/quote]

So you're saying that we feel betrayed because they didn't sign with us regardless of the fact that we haven't spoken with one another for years. Okay. Most of the former FoB members we spoke to on a regular basis now reside in Non Grata. Shinpah is in Sparta. Stormsend in MK. Hawk in NPO. Your assertion that we feel "betrayed" by this group is wrong. We just expected more professionalism and common sense on the part of Legacy. Clearly, our decision to not sign a treaty with them was the right one.

Edited by Jgoods45

I just find it funny a bunch of people who either left in the middle of a war or who wouldn't answer alliance-wide calls to become active and help the alliance survive the first time would reform the alliance they didn't seem to care about the first go 'round.

So what happens if the other ex FoB members decide they want to reform as well?

Do they... reform on the same AA?

It's all too confusing and this is why they should have communicated with TLR and the other significant figures as opposed to speaking with an otherwise uninvolved alliance and seeking their protection.

Edited by Blacky

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1326670248' post='2900389']
While that may be true to a certain extent for the FoB AA,the alliance affiliations of our merger alliances (Athens, Greenland Republic, =LOST=) are also under our eternal protection and we do believe that we have the right to have an absolute veto power on reformations or the use of alliance imagery and as such, any unauthorized activity would be considered an act of war. We made this clear in our DoE.
[/quote]
I don't see how you have the right to ownership over the images from those alliances, especially GR, as no one within your alliance was responsible for making it. Celtic, a banned member or two can claim that right but not anyone within TLR currently to the best of my knowledge. You can say you can protect the AA from being messed with, but the imagery associated with it you have no rights to. If the original creator of a graphic wants to use it, they should clearly be able to. I understand the intent here is good, but it sounds overly possessive of something that isn't all yours.

However, TLR should have been contacted, but to be honest I had no idea TLR was protecting any AA's under than the ones that you came from and NAAC (which is clear by the fact that they have it in their bios). If you didn't look around, it would be missed. That being said, its clearly listed as a protectorate on TLR's wiki.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

If anyone has a right to the FoB name its Sagha, and I'm sure he wasn't aware of the current state of the protection by TLR. He can't be faulted for not considering something he didn't know in the first place.

Legacy is most responsible for the $%&@-up in not communicating with TLR, though that's not surprising really. I would like to know what Runz thinks about this though.

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1326679446' post='2900569']
I just find it funny a bunch of people who either left in the middle of a war or who wouldn't answer alliance-wide calls to become active and help the alliance survive the first time would reform the alliance they didn't seem to care about the first go 'round.
[/quote]
Most of the active original members left to join a war that was personally important to them and that the alliance wasn't participating in, Sagha, rrl92, and 1wolf included. I don't see anyone on the list of reformers who were chronically inactive aside from Blackbeard.

[quote name='Blacky' timestamp='1326687049' post='2900659']
So what happens if the other ex FoB members decide they want to reform as well?

Do they... reform on the same AA?
[/quote]

If an ex-FoB member wishes to reform the alliance then they should either reform with the current group or wait for the alliance to fall apart. You are basically saying, what if one person had the idea of making an alliance named Umbrella, but another person beat them to it. Should they both have rights to the alliance name? Seeing as the AA was not being used it is up for grabs to reform or create as seen fit. Also as a former FoB Captain I have no issue with the reformation. I put more than enough time into forming the alliance during the building and joining of CnG. If any other ex-member has issues with it then maybe they should have put more effort into keeping the alliance alive.

Best of luck to you guys!

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1326693481' post='2900728']
Most of the active original members left to join a war that was personally important to them and that the alliance wasn't participating in, Sagha, rrl92, and 1wolf included. I don't see anyone on the list of reformers who were chronically inactive aside from Blackbeard.
[/quote]

Most of them left because they didn't want to be a puppet of a certain alliance. The rest refused to become active when an attempt was made to restructure and rebuild the alliance.

I promise you, I'm not making this up.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1326651037' post='2900115']
Except, this AA protecting thing is a relatively new concept. If you're an older player just now coming back, that may seem retarded.
[/quote]

Consider this retarded.

That being said, there's no way a settlement/resolution to this issue can't be reached. Looking forward to a quick resolution.

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1326693481' post='2900728']
If anyone has a right to the FoB name its Sagha, and I'm sure he wasn't aware of the current state of the protection by TLR. He can't be faulted for not considering something he didn't know in the first place.

Legacy is most responsible for the $%&@-up in not communicating with TLR, though that's not surprising really. I would like to know what Runz thinks about this though.

[/quote]

What about the guys that were using the AA as a retirement home? Did Sagha contact those 2? What if they don't want the FoB to reform or be part of a reformation? Are they going to be forcibly removed?

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1326741325' post='2901001']
What about the guys that were using the AA as a retirement home? Did Sagha contact those 2? What if they don't want the FoB to reform or be part of a reformation? Are they going to be forcibly removed?
[/quote]

They may be able to do the same as the GRE take over, though that was slightly different.

[quote name='xR1 Fatal Instinct' timestamp='1326743506' post='2901015']
They may be able to do the same as the GRE take over, though that was slightly different.
[/quote]

They shouldn't have to. The original FoB faded out due to inactivity and these dudes stayed on the AA the whole time, now they either have to join the new FoB or...I assume...face consequences.