A Federation of Buccaneers Announcement

Sagha

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have The Last Remnants cleared your usage of one of their protected AAs? If not, I expect we might see some fireworks go off especially as it appears to be a colonization of the AA by Legacy, an alliance which don't appear to share close relations with The Last Remnants.

I will thus await clarification from The Last Remnants government on this, and how this will affect their other protectorates.

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1326649337' post='2900102']
Have The Last Remnants cleared your usage of one of their protected AAs? If not, I expect we might see some fireworks go off especially as it appears to be a colonization of the AA by Legacy, an alliance which don't appear to share close relations with The Last Remnants.

I will thus await clarification from The Last Remnants government on this, and how this will affect their other protectorates.
[/quote]

Legacy took in old members of FoB over a year ago, like many other alliances have done. My friends and I wanted to go back to our alliance and try again. I Co Founded FoB years ago alongside Runz. Th' members in th' FoB now are several of th' original members. If its a colonization its not a colonization by Legacy but of Original FoB members.

[quote name='Sagha' timestamp='1326650295' post='2900108']
Legacy took in old members of FoB over a year ago, like many other alliances have done. My friends and I wanted to go back to our alliance and try again. I Co Founded FoB years ago alongside Runz. Th' members in th' FoB now are several of th' original members. If its a colonization its not a colonization by Legacy but of Original FoB members.
[/quote]
However, the problem with populating the FoB AA is that The Last Remnants are the rightholders to it, and for anyone to reform it as a proper alliance again would have required their permission. What you have done is violated that by reforming without their permission and then having the audacity with signing a protectorate treaty which is invalidated by the currently held one with the previous protector, The Last Remnants.

I know you might feel nostalgic about the alliance, but personally you really should have gone for a new name rather than using one that is wrapped up in so much red tape.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1326650849' post='2900113']
If the guy didn't know that TLR had a protection over the old FoB AA, then I don't see any problem with it. If he'd actually go to TLR and straighten things out anyway.
[/quote]
Usually when you reform an alliance with an established name, the first thing you should do is to do the homework in determining if anyone has been protecting it and negotiating something with them. It'd be interesting to see what The Last Remnants will do now after this announcement and the treaty that was announced.

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1326650939' post='2900114']
Usually when you reform an alliance with an established name, the first thing you should do is to do the homework in determining if anyone has been protecting it and negotiating something with them. It'd be interesting to see what The Last Remnants will do now after this announcement and the treaty that was announced.
[/quote]

Except, this AA protecting thing is a relatively new concept. If you're an older player just now coming back, that may seem retarded.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1326651037' post='2900115']
Except, that's a relatively new concept. If you're an older player, this may seem retarded.
[/quote]
True, but it's the world we live in now. Personally, if more alliances protected historic AAs, then we might be able to prevent such reformations as \m/ and TGE.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1326650849' post='2900113']
If the guy didn't know that TLR had a protection over the old FoB AA, then I don't see any problem with it. If he'd actually go to TLR and straighten things out anyway.

I promise TLR are usually very nice guys.
[/quote]

Except that Legacy, whom was part of this, knew of that protection, even considered whether or not they should come talk to us. I was told that it was decided nobody would cuz FoB wanted to surprise the world with a DoE. To be honest, I wish the new FoB nothing but the best. But it is 100% a case of disregard for our protection, and disrespect in not talking to us.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1326654126' post='2900129']
Except that Legacy, whom was part of this, knew of that protection, even considered whether or not they should come talk to us. I was told that it was decided nobody would cuz FoB wanted to surprise the world with a DoE. To be honest, I wish the new FoB nothing but the best. But it is 100% a case of disregard for our protection, and disrespect in not talking to us.
[/quote]

That is very true, Legacy would have known. Bad move Legacy. :(

Edited by Omniscient1

While it may have been a mistake to not talk to TLR, considering it is an original founder of FoB doing it, I see no problems with the reformation itself. That said, Legacy isn't protecting them, they have a treaty with them (MDoAP I believe).

[/quote]
Protecting and Bogarting are not the same thing. Sorry.

[/quote]

And that was why I came to you as soon as we realized that there was a potential issue. It's not going to change what was done but I wanted to let you guys know that there was no intent to disrespect anyone. If you guys don't want to take that at face value it's totally up to you.

While I can see TLR being a bit miffed about not being told first, I have to agree with Schatt here: protecting an AA and even disallowing new alliances from taking it shouldn't give you an absolute veto on a reformation of the alliance in question. FoB's members are the moral owners of that AA, not them.

However, clearly a good first move is for both FoB2 and Legacy to go and have a chat with Rush and smooth things over.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1326669666' post='2900376']
While I can see TLR being a bit miffed about not being told first, I have to agree with Schatt here: protecting an AA and even disallowing new alliances from taking it shouldn't give you an absolute veto on a reformation of the alliance in question. FoB's members are the moral owners of that AA, not them.

However, clearly a good first move is for both FoB2 and Legacy to go and have a chat with Rush and smooth things over.
[/quote]

While that may be true to a certain extent for the FoB AA,the alliance affiliations of our merger alliances (Athens, Greenland Republic, =LOST=) are also under our eternal protection and we do believe that we have the right to have an absolute veto power on reformations or the use of alliance imagery and as such, any unauthorized activity would be considered an act of war. We made this clear in our DoE.

Good luck to this new FoB. Disappointing that you didn't contact us first. We shall see how this goes.

Edited by Jgoods45

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1326669666' post='2900376']

[/quote]

Its not even that Bob. Its when I see Legacy gov saying "we talked about whether or not we should talk to them , and then decided not to talk to them." That is where I have the issue. The someone thought it was essentially a good idea to annex an AA that we were protecting. We would not have opposed this reformation, but for God's sake, you cant just come and take over a protected AA without talking to the protector. Legacy gov , Sarm in particular, knows better, or he should.