2191 Days of Glorious Brown Democracy

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326451748' post='2898725']
The only reason you exist in the present state you do is because a lot of people who had left GATO before the 1V-GATO war went back, like magicninja.
[/quote]
Of course the contributions of those who rejoined should be rightly lauded, however to do so in a way of saying only they contributed to GATO's future is a slap in the face to those leaders and rank and files members who kept the faith throughout the GATO-1V war, if those guys had not stood firm and refused to disband (which is what the NPO was gunning for...just hark back to the reactions to IAA's disbandment during that war)then there would have been nothing left to return to.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1326551779' post='2899403']
Of course the contributions of those who rejoined should be rightly lauded, however to do so in a way of saying only they contributed to GATO's future is a slap in the face to those leaders and rank and files members who kept the faith throughout the GATO-1V war, if those guys had not stood firm and refused to disband (which is what the NPO was gunning for...just hark back to the reactions to IAA's disbandment during that war)then there would have been nothing left to return to.
[/quote]

That's true. They were kind of decimated, though, so a lot of the NS came from the rejoiners.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1326548556' post='2899378']
Eh, I just hear the "stockholm syndrome" thing now and again and it bugs me. It stinks of people being glad we've got our freedom, but expecting us to do exactly as they say and think is best, while we're just trying to be GATO. As for the pre-empt, I wasn't too bothered myself and I think magicnina is right that DH didn't really make their case well enough, despite it probably being there to a reasonable enough extent. As a result it was very easy to get caught up in disliking it.
[/quote]

Meh, it happens sometimes.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326509434' post='2899192']
Because the histrionics from people like Mr. Perdomo were pretty annoying.
[/quote]

What the hell are you on about? That has got to be the most bizarre and out-right ridiculous comment in this thread. Did you just learn a new word and decide to use it in a sentence?

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1326501417' post='2899135']
Congrat GATO on 6 years. I have shared some good times and bad times with you guys...loved you for a while and hated you for a while but you still made it to 6 years. Congrats guys and enjoy this.
[/quote]

Some old farts in GATO still loves you :P

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1326599833' post='2899876']
What the hell are you on about? That has got to be the most bizarre and out-right ridiculous comment in this thread. Did you just learn a new word and decide to use it in a sentence?
[/quote]

If you take it out of context, it probably does seem that way. The condescending tone of your post when you have no idea what I was talking about is funny.

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1326600305' post='2899880']
Only you know in your head what you're on about, the rest of us are trying to decipher between utter lunacy and legible opinion. We're yet to find the latter.
[/quote]

My feelings are hurt. ;_; Considering it was discussed in depth and I dropped the issue, I'm not really sure why you saw the need to resurrect it. If you can't figure out what I was referring to, then I think it's you who has the problem.

edit: Here goes since you need things spelled out for you: I was discussing the widespread criticism for DH-NPO from GATO members like the one I referred to. I thought the reactions were over the top like "YOU WILL BE FORGOTTEN BUT YOU CAN NEVER DO ANYTHING TO NPO." That's a paraphrase. The issue is, GATO went to preemptively attack another alliance, so I was complaining about what I perceived to be hypocrisy.

I'm not really sure how you can pretend to think no one knew what I was talking about when they were responding to me.

Edited by Roquentin

I'm going to leave the DH-NPO discussion out because you're doing a wonderful job at not understanding our views. We're all better off letting you pretend you have some sort of clue about GATO, it wouldn't make you the only one on here that's for sure. Our view is our view, your view is your view, leave it at that.

My query was about you calling benjaminperdomo 'histrionic' which could not be anything further from the truth, you could probably teach him a thing or two about being histrionic to be fair. You do seem to have the attention seeking down pat ;)

Edited by Frederico Rodriguez

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1326601543' post='2899888']
I'm going to leave the DH-NPO discussion out because you're doing a wonderful job at not understanding our views. We're all better off letting you pretend you have some sort of clue about GATO, it wouldn't make you the only one on here that's for sure. Our view is our view, your view is your view, leave it at that.

My query was about you calling benjaminperdomo 'histrionic' which could not be anything further from the truth.
[/quote]

I just referred to him as one of the many GATO posters whose comments were over the top. I said there were histrionics coming from him and others not that he was histrionic.

I think the reason the DH preempt was frowned on by GATOans at large was that DH hit an alliance simply because they felt they didn't get enough action in the last time around. That is literally (though paraphrased) the sentiment that I got from several people in DH I've talked to about it. Previous Pacifican rollings "weren't good enough" and NPO were still "too big". I'm not a moralist so the validity of that is up in the air, but coming from GATOan moralism that is kind of a crappy move.

Our preempt of MHA was done in defense of friends because we felt we had an urgent need to intercept an incoming declaration. Validity of any of that aside, the motivations are completely different.

Further most of the criticism of the DH preempt came prior charter changes/ect to our alliance over the past while, and GATO's attitude as a whole has changed a lot towards war.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Lanore

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1326602801' post='2899898']
I think the reason the DH preempt was frowned on by GATOans at large was that DH hit an alliance simply because they felt they didn't get enough action in the last time around. That is literally (though paraphrased) the sentiment that I got from several people in DH I've talked to about it. Previous Pacifican rollings "weren't good enough" and NPO were still "too big". I'm not a moralist so the validity of that is up in the air, but coming from GATOan moralism that is kind of a crappy move.

Our preempt of MHA was done in defense of friends because we felt we had an urgent need to intercept an incoming declaration. Validity of any of that aside, the motivations are completely different.

Further most of the criticism of the DH preempt came prior charter changes/ect to our alliance over the past while, and GATO's attitude as a whole has changed a lot towards war.

Edited for clarity.
[/quote]

Thanks. I have linked my stance on it as the person who made it happen in a previous post in this thread.

Congratulations my brown comrades. It sure has been a hell of a ride to 6 years!

To the people who don't "get" GATO, just join it for a few weeks and see it from the inside. It is forever evolving to protect its future, I am sure if this game is around 6 years from now GATO will be as well!

Cheers.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326603453' post='2899904']
Thanks. I have linked my stance on it as the person who made it happen in a previous post in this thread.
[/quote]
I literally read like the two previous posts and commented out of boredom. If you expect me to read you give me too much credit.

My point was simply you said: " The issue is, GATO went to preemptively attack another alliance, so I was complaining about what I perceived to be hypocrisy. "

And I explained simply that it wasn't the preempt that we hated but the attitude we perceived behind it. I didn't really notice you and Laslo going on about it for a couple pages. Forgive me for going on about something that had pretty much been resolved. I'm bored and making posts on the owf with no context is fun sometimes.