Annexation of DRAGON by TFD

[center][img]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/1772/tfdsignaturewhiteqr7.png[/img][/center]
[center][size="6"][color="#0000FF"][b]Security - Knowledge - Friendship[/b][/color][/size][/center]

[center]The Foreign Division hereby announces its annexation of the Down Right Awesome Group of Nations (DRAGON).
DRAGON requested that it be annexed by TFD several weeks ago after being a protectorate of TFD
and then a partner in defense for several years. As per the terms of the annexation, all of DRAGON's treaties are null and void,
TFD will protect the DRAGON AA for 30 days (this provision will expire on 28 January 2012),
and the former DRAGON members shall retain property of the name and imagery of DRAGON.[/center]

[center]For TFD:

HM Solomon I

Ambassador to the Down Right Awesome
Group of Nations from The Foreign Division[/center]

It's sad to see DRAGON go, but you have picked a great home in TFD! I look forward to seeing you guys around.

o/ DRAGON
o/ TFD

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1326175180' post='2896766']
I think "merging" is the proper terminology here rather than annexation.
[/quote]
Agreed. Annexation suggests to me a unilateral act by the stronger party, which is not the case here.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1326180005' post='2896798']
It's sad to see DRAGON go, but you have picked a great home in TFD! I look forward to seeing you guys around.

o/ DRAGON
o/ TFD

Agreed. Annexation suggests to me a unilateral act by the stronger party, which is not the case here.
[/quote]

Well, there is another world in which the term was used in a similar fashion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Annexation#Annexation_by_joint_resolution

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326180703' post='2896801']
Well, there is another world in which the term was used in a similar fashion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Annexation#Annexation_by_joint_resolution
[/quote]
I realise that is can be used in that fashion, but it often has different connotations: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annexation.

Edit: Ultimately, I guess the understanding of the term is determined by this community, as is the case for "preemptive strikes" ;)

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1326175180' post='2896766']
I think "merging" is the proper terminology here rather than annexation.
[/quote]
I felt this too.

That being said, best of luck to all former DRAGON members in their new homes.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1326188507' post='2896831']
Are you sure this is real? Doesn't seem TFD style to not have gov signatures...
[/quote]
Well, that's an interesting little issue. We did vote to annex DRAGON and DRAGON has agreed but we have not agreed on a time table with DRAGON as to when they move over and the OP was not authorized - as far as I know - to post as he's not government. This is a case of jumping the gun.

We used "annexation" and "merger" in the administrative law sense. "Annexation" means one body becomes a part of another body and the latter body remains unchanged. Usually when these happen, the former asks for the latter to do it and this is what happened here. "Hostile annexation" would be what some of you were thinking of. "Mergers" happen when two bodies join together into one and both are changed.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1326205347' post='2896864']
Well, that's an interesting little issue. We did vote to annex DRAGON and DRAGON has agreed but we have not agreed on a time table with DRAGON as to when they move over and the OP was not authorized - as far as I know - to post as he's not government. This is a case of jumping the gun.

We used "annexation" and "merger" in the administrative law sense. "Annexation" means one body becomes a part of another body and the latter body remains unchanged. Usually when these happen, the former asks for the latter to do it and this is what happened here. "Hostile annexation" would be what some of you were thinking of. "Mergers" happen when two bodies join together into one and both are changed.
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/AnuDrake/fas.jpg[/IMG]

Palace intrigue, do go on. Congrats on the annexerger regardless.

ooc: your move, word friend

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1326205347' post='2896864']
We did vote to annex DRAGON and DRAGON has agreed but we have not agreed on a time table with DRAGON as to when they move over and the OP was not authorized - as far as I know - to post as he's not government.
[/quote]

Figured as much.