Benvenuti al Sud Italia

Infallible

Public:

[font="Courier New"] Tunisia had been rocked by internal turmoil over the passed months that had gone largely unnoticed to the world. Thousands of civilians where left homeless after a climactic revolution that was to be the end-all clash between the people and the rogue bands of Communist radicals. Miraculously, as weeks pass so do the scars of the hell that shook Tunisia to its core, alas this was at the cost of thousands of homes and the exodus of tens of thousands of Tunisians into neighboring countries. Recently, rebuilding projects have cut short the war weary period of decline and previously, the government warmed to the idea of an extremely generous ready-worker programme that was to invite tens of thousands, if not more workers from European nations to help in the large building projects planned and where to be granted citizenship under the new state. This decision is said to have saved the country from total economic collapse after the revolutionary conflict settled. Influx to the gradually expanding population of [i]Northerners [/i]meant that the European population now surpassed that of the North African population. Of this new population, so prominent where the Italians that the official language was amended in their favour (many being present in Tunisia for generations) and largely because of their presence in government, policy after policy began to model Tunisia as a [i]Second Italy[/i]. All this even furthered Italian growth. That, with the strong headship of their newly elected leader, meant that Tunisia, or better known as Sud Italia (not to be confused with the south of Italy) was on a path to flourish.

This is the official history of the the state of Sud Italia. Aside from that, the Foreign Affairs Ministry is open to diplomacy with the nations of the world, namely those of Europe. Please contact Renato Emmanuel to discuss the establishment of diplomatic channels amnd formal relations.

[b][center]Message from the desk of Signor Emmanuel, Sud Italia Minister of Foreign Affairs[/center][/b] [/font]

Private:

Following the revolution, the Nationalists had cemented their position at the helm of the new pseudo-Italian State.

The stocky, bullet-headed strongman of the new regime made his way down the hall; the pestering of his usually persistant aids went silent as they approached the large arched doorway. As he paused to allow the doors to be opened, the sunlight fell apon his dark green uniform, a black sash lay across his tight chest placed in such a way that none of the many decorated medals were covered up. The entire entourage appeared in military attire and split off to the flanks of their leader in an orderly fashion. Massimo Venassi took a deep breath of the fresh Mediterranean air, his chin raised to the crowd below. [i]"Duce! Duce! Duce! Duce!"[/i] He responded accordingly to his adoring audience his voice blaring out of speakers positioned throughout the plaza, [i]"And I was begining to think I was the only one who could see the horizon- the future of a great, new Italy. Am I alone?"[/i] The crowd shouted back, "[i]No!"[/i] Venassi lifted his head as if he hadn't already anticipated their response, [i]"War. Change. Sacrifices. These strike fear into the hearts of many. But do we fear them?"[/i] even louder, [i]"NO!"[/i] [i]Foes abroad? "NO!" "Dissenters at home?"[/i] [i]"NO!!"[/i] [i]"Then follow me. Be a leader amongst your fellow countrymen, and raise Sud Italia to Victory eternal!"[/i] With a salute, [i]Il Duce[/i] retreated back into the National Estate. Appearances such as these would quickly become popular events amongst the Italians of Sud Italia, as the populace swirled into the nationalist fervor that is the life blood of this new state. [i]"Duce! Duce! Duce! Duce!"[/i]

Edited by Infallible

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1326171822' post='2896726']
"A strong leader is a good one, God bless. One behalf of the East-American Union, we recognize this nation, but are wary of its aggressive nature. We hope you strive for peace and democracy."

- President Harold Cheve of the East American Union.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, we have not found that Peace is synonymous with Democracy.

[font="Courier New"] The provisional democratic government of Tunisia, hired by the Sud Italian people, failed to avert the catastrophe of extremism as well as the drawn out economic slump that burdened the common people more and more by the day. Powerless in the face of disaster, the democratically elected governing body of Tunisia quickly fell to violence- and quite nearly into Communist hands were it not for the valiance of the Sud Italian Nationalists. The will of the people cannot and will not again be ignored by its leaders, but must be the decider of the path and policy of the State. It is for these reasons that the Nationalist State under Venassi and the appointed Parliament of Sud Italia occupy the place of the former government with might and the support of the people. Active, January ninth, 2011: The provisional government has been dismantled. In its place, Il Duce di Sud Italia and the Grand Council of the State.[/font]

Venassi's first acts as Duce where massive public works programmes to soak up unemployment, rebuilding the nation into an Italian cultural showpiece. Following the enactment of the public works, the Venassi government began to enjoy immense popularity. Corruption was routed out, the entire effort made into a public display that garnered yet more support for the government and fanned the flames of nationalism of what was seen as a strong, effective State. Immeiatly the armed forces where built up and young Italians where required to stay active and maintain the body in a strong, healthy state. The Sud Italian missile programme was ramped up, while its airforce and navy cranked up production and recruitment.

Edited by Infallible

The PRA is always happy to see a new nation born on the continent of Africa. However, we are worried about your nation's treatment of African descendents in your nation and would like to request that you allow us to send observers to your nation to confirm that our assumptions are false. We would be more than willing to provide for all necessities to these observers and would be willing to compensate Sud Italia for this mission, and are looking forwards to a bright and prosperous future with our new neighbors.

The Principality has a large population of immigrant Italians from the defunct Afro-Italian states of Italica and Repubblica Italiana. We are not as xenophobic as our predecessors, but feel we share the same concerns as the People's Republic of Africa. Surely Sud Italia bestows the same reverence it has for the Italian to the African?

OOC: Edit: Certainly~Surely

Don't call me Shirley dammit.

Edited by Executive Minister

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1326176678' post='2896777']
The PRA is always happy to see a new nation born on the continent of Africa. However, we are worried about your nation's treatment of African descendents in your nation and would like to request that you allow us to send observers to your nation to confirm that our assumptions are false. We would be more than willing to provide for all necessities to these observers and would be willing to compensate Sud Italia for this mission, and are looking forwards to a bright and prosperous future with our new neighbors.
[/quote]

The young man's boots whisked his across the main hall of the National Estate. Reaching the Duce's quarters, he knocked several time before he opened the door. The young soldier froze for a moment, in awe to see his leader up close. The officials normally charged with delivering messages to Il Duce where dismissed to spend the evening with their families and celebrate independance day at home. Given that the task was so menial, the reruit was allowed to deliver the message personally. As he cautiously opened the doors, [i]"Duce?" [/i]the brutish orator turned his attention away from the balcony doors to face his visitor, but said nothing, instead waiting for the soldier to reveal the purpose of his being here. Saluting his leader he continued, [i]"We have a request from the PRA."[/i] The soldier walked to Il Duce's desk and placed the message down. [i]"They ask that you allow for them to send observers."[/i]

Venassi scanned the message. Rubbing his forehead as he sighed he replied, [i]"Don't tell me our neighbors are going to be pestering us left and right."[/i] The soldier stood nervously before his Duce, feeling somehow obligated to address him, [i]"What will be your reply, if I may ask, Duce?" [/i] Rising from his seat Venassi responded, [i]"War."[/i] The young soldier straightened, [i]"What? I mean.."[/i] Venassi laughed, [i]"Let the Foreign Ministry know that the PRA has my okay. And calm down, soldier it was a joke. Ah, what am I going to do with you?"[/i] The soldier walked off speedily to relayy the message.

[font="Courier New"] [b]Sud Italia Ministry of Foreign Affairs[/b]
Reply to the PRA:

Sud Italia would be more than happy to accept observers of the PRA. We only ask that you ensure your employees recognize State laws and enjoy their trip.[/font]

The observers, upon examination of the treatment of Africans in Sud Italia would find that all citizens regardless of race were given the same schooling, hospital access, service, and protection under law. It was the aim of the Nationalist State to create a high society like that of the German Reich and the Athenian Federation, but it was looked down upon by the tolerant Italians for a people to attempt to place themselves above another in terms of racial superiority. Of course, Italian culture was flipping Tunisia into a completely new image, African culture was still recognized and respected formally by the State. Several Africans had been appointed to Parliament, because the State thought it best to represent all major groups of the nation rather than leave their interests out to ferment into revolt. This was also a more efficiant way to manage the stability of the State, by subsuming all portions of society into one, homogeneous state.

[quote name='Ardenne' timestamp='1326180854' post='2896803']
With reports of mistreatment of Berber Africans and other Africans in the territory, Aremor is prepared to open borders to refugees fleeing the Southern Italian state.
[/quote]

Aremor propoganda is to be dismissed as part of a smear campaign against Sud Italia. Any refugees fleeing the country had done so to escape the destruction of the past civil conflict and they're own accounts will reflect this fact. We ask that Aremor be more responsible when handling false reports.

[i]The Aremor government would publicly post this message in response to the Sud Italian claims of propaganda[/i]
Given our history in Africa, when the Arabs conquered our land, which had been dominated by Aremors and Berbers, the Arab ruling elite oppressed the then minority of Aremorians, using us as slaves. We have only concerns for our Berber brothers in Tunisia. While we are not trying to propagate propaganda, we know from our own experiences that when a foreign power comes in and floods the population with a foreign majority, the native minority gets oppressed. This holds true for most similar situations in history. Regardless of your paranoid responses and claims about our own paranoia, we will still welcome fearful refugees with open arms.

Signed for the Aremorian Government,
[i]Willam Neugand[/i], Prime Minister
[i]Frederik Brousse,[/i] Chair of the Parti Nationaliste du Aremor
[i]Khalil Mu'min Tuma[/i], Chair of the Berberes Parti Nationaliste

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1326228232' post='2896995']
"Ireland would like to note the painfully short histories of former fascist African states who harbored a supposed Italian majority. Ireland tentatively gives recognition to this nation."
[/quote]
[color="#2F4F4F"]
[i]"The Italian presence in North Africa cannot be denied, and Sud Italia would like to note that here is a regime that is quite willing and able to hold its ground in the face of any challange."[/i][/color]

Shortly after Sud Italia came into existance, some longships would approach the area: Hethnamark felt curiosity. There were already traders in the area, looking to see what they could do with the local economy, and some of the people who had arrived, from the distant port of Manneligia in the northern baltic, were in fact ethnic Italians, although due to Hethnamark's culture there was something that made them stick out as foreigners. One of those had been tasked with gathering information from Sud Italia for "The Government", which wanted to know how Italian was the region, or if it was just some kind of odd lie.