Unknown Smurf

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1325974132' post='2895095']
idontgetit.jpg
[/quote]

You know, maybe you should win that award.

Biased against [b]MK[/b]

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1325959889' post='2894900']
There were no nominations for most active (well there were and you made it but I decided to do it a different way)
[/quote]

Why? The old method easily showed who was the most active. Oh wait, it won't anymore since you have this insane idea that people shouldn't be able to vote for their own alliance. Good thing you established here that you don't care about the process you already set out so you can rid of that awful idea!

You only got 2 for best alliance growth (minus about 3 of your members who put MK for everything, I stated clearly in the nominations thread that people that posted the same thing for everything and put alliances for player categories (or vice versa) would have their ballots removed.
[/quote]

This was not in the op of the other thread.

[spoiler][quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1325477254' post='2890378']
[b]NOMINATIONS WILL CLOSE JAN. 5TH AT MIDNIGHT[/b] (CN time)

[b]Please use [s]this[/s][size="6"][color="#FF0000"]NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED[/color][/size] linked google doc form to submit your nominations for CN Awards, the categories are below for your reference![/b]

When submitting nominations to forum topics/posts just submit the link to the post as well as a sentence or two as to why they would be a good nomination. Thank you.

Rules to keep in mind once voting starts:
- One Entry per person -- Duplicate entries under the same name will result in verification from me via a PM. All unverified ballots will be considered void.
- You [b]MAY NOT[/b] vote for your alliance/self in categories once voting starts -- Keep that in mind when doing these nominations. You can, however, vote

[quote]Alliance of the Year
Most Powerful Alliance
Best Military
Best Rookie Alliance
Most Powerful Bloc
Best Flag
Most Active Alliance
Most Honorable Alliance
Best Diplomatic Team
Best Economic System
Best Recruiting Staff
Best Propaganda Staff
Scariest Alliance
Best Alliance Growth
Best War Flag
Best Forums
Alliance Most Likely to Succeed in 2012
Most Immoral Alliance
Most Controversial Alliance
Player of the Year
Most Powerful Player
Best Alliance Leader
Most Controversial Player
Best Player Sig
Best Player Avatar
Best Poster
Nicest Player
Funniest Player
Most Active Player
Player Most Likely to Achieve Greatness in 2012
Best New Addition to the Community
Most Hated Poster
Best Declaration of War (Alliance)
Best Declaration of War (in-game war screen)
Best Wall of Text
Best CN Meme
Best OWF Topic
Biggest Controversy
Funniest Event
Most Entertaining IRC Channel
Best Treaty Announcement
Worst Diplomatic Move
Best Player Quote
Best IRC Log
Largest E-Peen
Best Villain
Most Missed Player (Player that has gone inactive/quit)
Best WaterCooler Thread[/quote]

[b]Common Questions:[/b]

Yes, if not I believe Denios is a shoe in and I figure it'll be fun to see them up against TLR/NG.

Yes.

No. The beauty is that it's completely anonymous (except for what I can see -- but thats just to stop multi-votes).

Not at all! Players that have seriously cut back on their activity are encouraged to be nominated for this category.

[b]Feel free to post your nominations here if you also don't care about privacy but be sure to post on the page linked in the OP if you want it to be added.[/b]
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

You should be there for best war flag according to nominations, but you don't have a war flag as far as I can tell. I asked multiple times on IRC for it and asked Ardus for it, he said to use the "Muppet Kingdom flag" but noone knows what it is, if you get that to me then you will be added to best war flag.
[/quote]

This is actually a fair enough complaint.

You only got 1 for best alliance growth.
[/quote]

You contradict yourself.

You only got 2 for most likely to succeed.
[/quote]

Excluding our 3 other nominations you cut out.

And you are on most controversial but it looks like that part got cut off (only 3 alliances were listed). I edited it accordingly so it now lists TOP, NpO, NG, VE, FOK and MK. The latter 3 were added.
[/quote]

Thanks for fixing that.

You aren't a rookie alliance.

There were no nominations for most active (well there were and you made it but I decided to do it a different way)
You only got 2 for best alliance growth (minus about 3 of your members who put MK for everything, I stated clearly in the nominations thread that people that posted the same thing for everything and put alliances for player categories (or vice versa) would have their ballots removed.

You should be there for best war flag according to nominations, but you don't have a war flag as far as I can tell. I asked multiple times on IRC for it and asked Ardus for it, he said to use the "Muppet Kingdom flag" but noone knows what it is, if you get that to me then you will be added to best war flag.

You only got 1 for best alliance growth.

You only got 2 for most likely to succeed.

And you are on most controversial but it looks like that part got cut off (only 3 alliances were listed). I edited it accordingly so it now lists TOP, NpO, NG, VE, FOK and MK. The latter 3 were added.
[/quote]
I am not a member of MK so my votes for Archon/MK should be counted imo. I believe my votes for MK/Archon for everything to be valid, and as a member of the Dark Templar I clearly don't violate that rule.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

Me nominated for best poster? It has to do with the GPA "DoW" as I don't recall making any other significant post in 2011. Thanks for the (probably undeserved) attention, to whoever nominated me. :)

Edited by jerdge

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1325980987' post='2895157']
Why? The old method easily showed who was the most active. Oh wait, it won't anymore since you have this insane idea that people shouldn't be able to vote for their own alliance. Good thing you established here that you don't care about the process you already set out so you can rid of that awful idea![/quote]

Ehh I decided to change it right after nominations were posted, you can ask zoom (among others) who I asked about it... it had nothing to do with MK.

As for the most active alliance being voted upon, that doesn't make sense. Hypothetically the second most and third most active alliances could come together and just decide to vote for one of them just so the most active alliance doesn't win. This way we actually see who has active members.

[quote]This was not in the op of the other thread.[/quote]
Yeah it was also decided afterwards... otherwise we'd have ~20-30 choices for each category.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1325922166' post='2894635']
[b]Whichever alliance has the largest number of members post their alliance name in this thread in the next 24 hours will win most active alliance![/b]
[/quote]

Member of MK voting for Mushroom Kingdom.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1325984837' post='2895206']
Ehh I decided to change it right after nominations were posted, you can ask zoom (among others) who I asked about it... it had nothing to do with MK.
[/quote]

Should have posted that it would be like that.

As for the most active alliance being voted upon, that doesn't make sense. Hypothetically the second most and third most active alliances could come together and just decide to vote for one of them just so the most active alliance doesn't win. This way we actually see who has active members.
[/quote]

That never happened in the past.

Yeah it was also decided afterwards... otherwise we'd have ~20-30 choices for each category.
[/quote]

Again, never had that issue in the past. I doubt you are willing to open up the nominations to prove this, or indeed prove any of the nominations.

You also ignored the fact that you literally contradicted yourself when you said that MK had 2 nominations for Best Alliance Growth then later changed it to 1.

These two issues show that this is proving to be a waste of time. You shouldn't be running this.

Also, if you were wondering why the nominations are so poor, it's partly because the nominating process was invisible to forum-goers, and for things such as memes and sigs, people don't remember quite so easily when they're among a sea of further nominations, somewhere around number thirty, and they don't have other people's suggestions and ideas to remind them and give them ideas.

+Deinos

[/quote]
Why would anyone do that? The way you're doing it, the bigger alliances win. A 20 member alliance with 100% activity loses to a 120 member alliance with 25% activity.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1325985899' post='2895227']
Why would anyone do that? The way you're doing it, the bigger alliances win. A 20 member alliance with 100% activity loses to a 120 member alliance with 25% activity.
[/quote]

Alright well people that knew they had no chance of winning would vote for an alliance they liked rather than who they thought was active.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1325990465' post='2895295']
Alright well people that knew they had no chance of winning would vote for an alliance they liked rather than who they thought was active.
[/quote]

People always vote for alliances they like over those they dislike for all sorts of awards. Its one reason why your ideas are stupid.

I'd like to thank jesus and his virgin mother for these awards you have bestowed unto me.

I was told none of you want them.

Thank you, thank you.