A Mjolnir Announcement

Rampage3

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1325865275' post='2894120']
Can't fault DT for taking what was taken from them.
[/quote]
Theoretically we're only getting half of what was taken from us, because we're paying for the second half of it.

Winter is coming, again... :ph34r:

I'm quite shocked at how well the reactions are from SF alliance members, minus the usual people like Xiph and whoever that other guy is not making any sense. Glad this looks like it wont turn out into another grudge-fest.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bordiga' timestamp='1325860480' post='2894087']
I'm not even allied to DT, but it seems pretty silly for people to make any kind of big deal about them receiving back the technology that was taken from them. DT seem stand-up people from their posts in public forums. I seriously doubt that they support extorting reparations as a general principle. But defeating an opponent who extorted you, and then asking for your stolen goods to be returned, hardly seems a negation of those principles.

Maybe for those who have no idea that actions have a context and do not all equate to equal value simply because on the surface they are similar there can be confusion.
[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' timestamp='1325872313' post='2894182']
Theoretically we're only getting half of what was taken from us, because we're paying for the second half of it.

Winter is coming, again... :ph34r:

I'm quite shocked at how well the reactions are from SF alliance members, minus the usual people like Xiph and whoever that other guy is not making any sense. Glad this looks like it wont turn out into another grudge-fest.
[/quote]

Yah hopefully not. I'm kind of tired of watching the same channel.
1) Insult each other
2) Have a stare down while we rebuild
3) War
4) ZI most of CSN's gov.
5) ?????

My only complaint is the copious amounts of turtling that went on this time
But we can't always have everything our way now can we Pitt :P

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1325870751' post='2894171']
Out of curiosity, what is GOONS policy when a tech raid fights back? Are you seriously passing moral judgement here?
[/quote]
The worthless unaligned have no place in my moral philosophy. Mine stems only from the interactions of alliances.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1325872736' post='2894187']
The worthless unaligned have no place in my moral philosophy. Mine stems only from the interactions of alliances.
[/quote]
Would you go on record that you find no alliances "worthless"?
Edit: So then you agree that you do take reps for offensive wars, but only those offensive wars on those you deem worthless?

Edited by Merrie Melodies

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1325873286' post='2894190']
Edit: So then you agree that you do take reps for offensive wars, but only those offensive wars on those you deem worthless?
[/quote]
I urge you to stop. GOONS policy on reps is clear, declare an offensive alliance war on them and lose. You will pay "reps". If you are comparing unaligned nations to an alliance then you have the "none syndrome". Though I fail to see GOONS treat unaligned nations to MJ/SF peace thread.

You can always debate this matter else war, though if I were Sard, I wouldn't waste my time debating with you since you already have a predefined position.

Edited by Holy Empire of Halin

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1325873286' post='2894190']
[/quote]
All alliances have more merit than a meaningless individual unaligned, some more than others.
[quote]
[/quote]
1. Any alliance who is attacked by another alliance is within their moral justification to demand reps.

2. Any alliance engaged in an aggressive conflict is only entitled to reparations so far as the gravity of their justification for the war exceeds the gravity of the damages done to the declared upon party.

3. None of this has anything to do with our treatment of unaligned non-entities.

[quote name='Holy Empire of Halin' timestamp='1325875092' post='2894198']
You can always debate this matter else war, though if I were Sard, I wouldn't waste my time debating with you since you already have a predefined position.
[/quote]
too late :v:

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1325833912' post='2893901']
One side did hold out to get the terms they wanted in this war. It wasn't yours. You didn't even hold out for the ones you originally offered.
[/quote]

You are incorrect in your assumption in regards to Valhalla Xiphosis. Trust me when I say our vote was to continue the war indefinitely until the first set of very reasonable terms were met by yourselves.

Others in MJ felt otherwise and here we are.

I hope GOD take the appropriate lesson from this. The first signs (Xiph's response) are not good, and personally I would have demanded quite a lot from GOD.

Anyone trying to pull the moral posturing card on DT is either trying to distort things for political gain, or ignorant of the history of the last war. CSN thoroughly deserve to be forced to pay back the tech they demanded from DT back then.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1325881300' post='2894254']
Such mercy...

I hope it doesn't come back to bite you.
[/quote]

Look at the current state of SF's nations. GOD and RIA in particular.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1325882117' post='2894261']
Meh.

I couldn't even trust myself to reply to this last night.

To say that Valhalla isn't happy with this would be an understatement. We're willing to be team players for the moment though.
[/quote]
Welcome to the club...

[quote name='Great Lord Moth' timestamp='1325882525' post='2894265']
Patience, sir, the rebuilding has only just begun!
[/quote]

Hmmm...

[i]/glances over the warchest data from all of RIA, GOD, CSN, etc.[/i]

The cool part is that by the time you're finished rebuilding to what you were, which I kinda doubt that 2/3 of you have enough left in the tank to get there, we'll have long surpassed that mark and be setting new growth records. :)

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1325882802' post='2894267']
Welcome to the club...[/quote]

I blame gambona. Someone brought up rounding up some Coca-Cola to have with the rum and I think while he was mixing drinks, he forgot the rum. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1NeogMh1JI"]You know what happens when you hand out Cokes to everyone with nothing in them....[/url]

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1325883984' post='2894277']

I blame gambona. Someone brought up rounding up some Coca-Cola to have with the rum and I think while he was mixing drinks, he forgot the rum. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1NeogMh1JI"]You know what happens when you hand out Cokes to everyone with nothing in them....[/url]
[/quote]

Geez, forget one thing and they never let you forget it.