A Mjolnir Announcement

Rampage3

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1325857244' post='2894055']
GOONS was attacked, GOONS was victorious, GOONS got reps.
[/quote]

Yes, and in what I quoted he said "We don't charge reps for offensive wars". He didn't make it clear whether he meant offensive against them or their offensive.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1325858274' post='2894065']
Yes, and in what I quoted he said "We don't charge reps for offensive wars". He didn't make it clear whether he meant offensive against them or their offensive.

:rolleyes:
[/quote]
"Offensive" as in "we attacked somebody", obviously.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1325859235' post='2894073']
[/quote]
I find all of your wars offensive, personally. They start up and then it smells like you haven't bathed in [i]weeks[/i].

I'm not even allied to DT, but it seems pretty silly for people to make any kind of big deal about them receiving back the technology that was taken from them. DT seem stand-up people from their posts in public forums. I seriously doubt that they support extorting reparations as a general principle. But defeating an opponent who extorted you, and then asking for your stolen goods to be returned, hardly seems a negation of those principles.

Maybe for those who have no idea that actions have a context and do not all equate to equal value simply because on the surface they are similar there can be confusion.

Edited by Bordiga

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1325829985' post='2893850']
No, I'm pretty sure I remember damned well what happened last year. I thought what CSN did was stupid back then, and I think charging reps in return now is similarly stupid. I think you need to think before you speak, chump.
A lot of people have entered this war on grudges, people who have paid far more in reparations than your alliance ever did. You don't see them charging reps. What CSN did was dumb, but charging them reps is just as bad.
[/quote][quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1325830384' post='2893855']
Indeed. Just remember, karma's a !@#$%*.
[/quote]
Uhhhhhh :rolleyes: no. Karma [b][i]is[/i] [/b]a !@#$%*, that's why CSN is paying back the money they stole.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1325834943' post='2893928']
Oh, hell, why not. Remember [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83752&view=findpost&p=2248410]this post[/url]? How does it feel to be cut down to size, with only your good buddy Impero preventing your alliance from being ground into a fine dust?
[/quote]
And how does it feel to be such a big, big man with such big, big allies and bow to the will of the Lord Protector of the Entente?

[quote name='Nemhauser' timestamp='1325848338' post='2894010']
Or maybe we aren't such pricks after all. We've enjoyed the cold war, enjoyed the actual war, but there's no need to bleed someone dry when it ends.
[/quote]
Well said.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Bordiga' timestamp='1325860480' post='2894087']
I'm not even allied to DT, but it seems pretty silly for people to make any kind of big deal about them receiving back the technology that was taken from them. DT seem stand-up people from their posts in public forums. I seriously doubt that they support extorting reparations as a general principle. But defeating an opponent who extorted you, and then asking for your stolen goods to be returned, hardly seems a negation of those principles.

Maybe for those who have no idea that actions have a context and do not all equate to equal value simply because on the surface they are similar there can be confusion.
[/quote]
Well said, it's clear a lot of people really dont know what kind of people DT are...or they are the kind of [ooc] person that gets their money stolen from them by the school bully and never tries to get it back [/ooc].

Besides, if you look at the terms, DT is paying for half of the tech, which is a far better term then most of the other terms you see in war.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1325859235' post='2894073']
[/quote]

Yeah, because it's not possible for an "offensive" against you. I didn't want this to turn into an argument about semantics, so it wasn't that "obvious" actually.

My original point still stands. GOONS takes reps for people coming in on treaties against them, just as CSN did to DT. DT was in a position (here) to get those reps back, they utilised it. Eye for an eye. Had CSN not pulled the stunt they did on DT then they wouldn't be in this position (as evidenced by the others not paying up), therefore I don't see anything worthy of being frowned upon.

My "side" got the other "side" to surrender. Do we really need to try to elongate out E-penii (penis plural. Just made it up!) by posturing now? Seriously?

Anyways, some of my opponents were impressive, some not so much. It was nice to get a true SE war in though after my first "war" involved no casualties. Best of luck to those I fought with and against.

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1325862630' post='2894102']
Yeah, because it's not possible for an "offensive" against you. I didn't want this to turn into an argument about semantics, so it wasn't that "obvious" actually.
[/quote]
If you had stopped to think about it or remembered our long-standing policy it would have been extremely obvious. Who calls wars declared against them 'offensive' when talking from the home perspective anyway? The semantics are clear.
[quote]
My original point still stands. GOONS takes reps for people coming in on treaties against them, just as CSN did to DT. DT was in a position (here) to get those reps back, they utilised it. Eye for an eye. Had CSN not pulled the stunt they did on DT then they wouldn't be in this position (as evidenced by the others not paying up), therefore I don't see anything worthy of being frowned upon.
[/quote]
Meh, the war itself was vengeance enough if you ask me.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1325859905' post='2894081']
I find all of your wars offensive, personally. They start up and then it smells like you haven't bathed in [i]weeks[/i].
[/quote]
GOONS always smells like that. It's what happens when Cheetos get caught in the neckbeard and don't get noticed right away.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1325833912' post='2893901']
One side did hold out to get the terms they wanted in this war. It wasn't yours. You didn't even hold out for the ones you originally offered.
[/quote]
And the real winner is.............................

You shouldn't be so cocky with VE flying CAP for you.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1325864142' post='2894111']
If you had stopped to think about it or remembered our long-standing policy it would have been extremely obvious. Who calls wars declared against them 'offensive' when talking from the home perspective anyway? The semantics are clear.

Meh, the war itself was vengeance enough if you ask me.
[/quote]
Out of curiosity, what is GOONS policy when a tech raid fights back? Are you seriously passing moral judgement here?

[quote name='Great Lord Moth' timestamp='1325832052' post='2893883']
I know right? :smug: Suits me just fine.
[/quote]

Given the pasting that was put on you, consider it a warning shot then. :smug:

Further comments...

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1325826917' post='2893775']
Peace is here :)

Congrats to all my fellow bloc mates and allies on a hard fought victory and to our opponents for putting up a good fight, it was fun while it lasted :awesome:
[/quote]

Fighting along side NoR was an absolute pleasure. [s]Would[/s] Will do it again.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1325827228' post='2893789']
I could joke around and reference [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83752&view=findpost&p=2248410]this post[/url] by a certain person on the other side, but frankly everyone in this coalition is a far, far bigger person than are he and his compatriots.

Well done and congratulations to the victors.
[/quote]

He does prance around a bit bit like a small man in a fancy uniform that's a size too large, pointing his sword and making bold promises, yet with each passing day, is less and less capable of keeping them.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1325829291' post='2893831']
And thus VE brings an end to the Pre-Scripted War.
Anyone want to bet VE had GOD rebuilt faster than any of the rest of us can rebuild?

Peace? Meh!
[/quote]

I have every confidence that VE will pump the slowly dying carcass with Gatorade and put it on a nice vitamin regime. What's wrong with GOD won't be cured by that. It's a bet, even if I am retiring soon.

[quote name='Derwood1' timestamp='1325830264' post='2893853']
Jeez as much asshattery that GOD and RIA have caused recently this is extremely generous to say the least.
[/quote]

We try to roll with ferocity and class. It's a balancing act. On a good day, we manage it rather nicely. I only hope that as time goes on, we are able to maintain that.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1325833912' post='2893901']
One side did hold out to get the terms they wanted in this war. It wasn't yours. You didn't even hold out for the ones you originally offered.[/quote]

We're not as evil as you...call it a failing.

Actually at one point I advocating holding you at war until your alliance was disbanded. Ultimately I decided you weren't worth it.