Your 15 minutes of fame

Ameris

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was briefly leader of the Legion (in a Triumvirate),

I was the first person to successfully lead the membership to ignore the disbandment order of a major alliance. (LEGION)

I negotiated the Vice Royalty of Legion by NPO which helped to turn (slowly like a battleship) Legion. Luckily, I was no way responsibility for the actions after that.

Famy or infamy. I dunno.

Now, I'm in semi-retirement.

I'm still a bit miffed that I didn't get a medal, commendattion or anything for doing the above for Legion (especially as Sinatra did, for being good at elections). Oh, well.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1326320051' post='2897597']
I was not caring about CN at all when the merger and formation happened, so it seemed like as good a thing to do as any. Then I got chosen as one of the initial leaders and then all the craziness happened from there. Despite all the headaches and stuff, being a part of \m/ 2 did reignite my interest in the game so it turned out for the best.

If I had to do it again, I'd start from the ground up. No mergers. And I would lay the FA groundwork beforehand instead of just running with the handful of treaties that Bel Air already had.
[/quote]
You could also try reining in the crazy a bit. I loved em and all, still do, but hey, facts is facts. While it was fun to go about half cocked and with it all hanging out and painted rainbow... sometimes it led to a bit more trouble than it was worth.

Would try it again though.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' timestamp='1327140938' post='2904133']
I was briefly leader of the Legion (in a Triumvirate),

I was the first person to successfully lead the membership to ignore the disbandment order of a major alliance. (LEGION)

I negotiated the Vice Royalty of Legion by NPO which helped to turn (slowly like a battleship) Legion. Luckily, I was no way responsibility for the actions after that.

Famy or infamy. I dunno.

Now, I'm in semi-retirement.

I'm still a bit miffed that I didn't get a medal, commendattion or anything for doing the above for Legion (especially as Sinatra did, for being good at elections). Oh, well.
[/quote]

Honestly, Legion should have pulled a VE and waited for Karma. The Reformation, Reconciliation, and Revenge of the Legion would have been awesome. I guess that's why they didn't want you to disband and made you into a vassal state instead.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1327147415' post='2904145']
Honestly, Legion should have pulled a VE and waited for Karma. The Reformation, Reconciliation, and Revenge of the Legion would have been awesome. I guess that's why they didn't want you to disband and made you into a vassal state instead.
[/quote]
Would have made for a great series of events, for sure. That has been one of the gripes i have had with Legion, they just... dont have a vengeful bone in their entire body.

Oh and that jacky guy on irc.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1327149898' post='2904153']
Would have made for a great series of events, for sure. That has been one of the gripes i have had with Legion, they just... dont have a vengeful bone in their entire body.

Oh and that jacky guy on irc.
[/quote]
Well, Van Hoo did hate them for being "NPO toadies" too.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1327149964' post='2904154']
Well, Van Hoo did hate them for being "NPO toadies" too.
[/quote]
More to it than just that. As i said, 'one' of my gripes. Most of the people involved are either dead and buried or happily retired. The distaste lingers though, such is the way of the world. A lot of people that genuinely cheered when Francograd fell, were not even born when some of the so called Pacifican Excesses took place. people inherit the anger and the animosities and the feuds of their elders, over time the root cause is lost in time, but the dislike persists.

Often the main involved might learn to attempt "forgive and forget", but the legacy they passed on, lingers for much longer.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1325840246' post='2893979']
Dude until I saw it was a .png I swear to god I thought all that blue stuff was moving around. In fact it still kind of is even though I know it isn't. Gives it a nice touch if you ask me.
[/quote]
In other news it looks like balls.