Official Announcement from Colossus and WAPA

Bob

The thing is here, it's STA that wanted to start a debate about relative military performances. Generally that just goes better if you start out from a standpoint of actually having preformed well yourself.

All of these debates are inherently retarded, this one is wildly off topic, and all yall'd better serve yourselves by shutting the heck up and honing your clicking skills.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Auctor' timestamp='1325999898' post='2895445']
The thing is here, it's STA that wanted to start a debate about relative military performances. Generally that just goes better if you start out from a standpoint of actually having preformed well yourself.

All of these debates are inherently retarded, this one is wildly off topic, and all yall'd better serve yourselves by shutting the heck up and honing your clicking skills.
[/quote]

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=108125&view=findpost&p=2892989]Actually, it was Colossus that got the ball rolling.[/url]

I agree the discussion is stupid but now you see the source of the discussion you'll take action to stamp it out, no doubt.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1325999926' post='2895446']
Does anyone else remember when GLoF seemed aloof and classy?
[/quote]
Not here, first heard of them when they attacked the 57th Overlanders without even canceling the MDP they held. Maybe they were before that though?

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1326000209' post='2895449']
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=108125&view=findpost&p=2892989]Actually, it was Colossus that got the ball rolling.[/url]

I agree the discussion is stupid but now you see the source of the discussion you'll take action to stamp it out, no doubt.
[/quote]
Think if you read the thread, it wasn't a debate until much later on. :P

in any case, NO U and good night.

[quote name='Auctor' timestamp='1326001242' post='2895469']
Think if you read the thread, it wasn't a debate until much later on. :P

in any case, NO U and good night.
[/quote]

No one taking the bait doesn't mean it was not the origin of the topic in the discussion. But, as it can no longer be used as a stick to beat the STA with I'm unsurprised you have decided to drop the issue. ;)

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1326000209' post='2895449']
[/quote]

And now you understand why I offered to forgive Hyrule's debt if they'd nuke Ferd.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1325999926' post='2895446']
Does anyone else remember when GLoF seemed aloof and classy?
[/quote]

Yes, I still remember last year, last month, yesterday and this morning!

You getting senile Schatt ?

[quote name='Auctor' timestamp='1325999898' post='2895445']

[/quote]

[quote]To: omfghi2u2 From: Mayzie Date: 12/15/2011 9:54:02 AM

Subject: Spy Operation Attack
Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. In the attack the enemy spies targeted your nuclear missiles but were unable to locate any due to your hidden nuclear missile silos. In the attack your counter spies managed to kill 20 enemy spies and your attackers identity has been publicly revealed.[/quote]

Oh man if I only saved at how many of these I had. I think at least 6 or 7 times.

I think you AZTEC guys are kinda forgetting some basic points so let me list them out for you.

1) If you are at war, you are going to lose nation strength. Trying to make fun of a nation for losing strength during a war is like trying to make fun of a person who is falling off a building. "Oh man you fell and you couldn't even beat gravity? You are a noob." It is inevitable, so please shut up.

2) If you are less then 10k NS and you are complaining at how everyone you fight at your level sucks or is inactive, then you really do have your head up your rear end. Try actually building your nation a little first and try fighting some mid or upper tier nations. If you are fighting someone who is in the lower level, there is a good chance that they are just someone who either just started, or doesn't really care too much for the game. Yes yes we all know you are God of CN and war, but please shut up.

3) GLoF is very good at staggering. The caliber of their nations isn't too great, and they do like to just throw nations at us, but I will give them an A on staggering.

4) If you look at the wars STA is fighting, its AZTEC + IRON which is 85 (initially) vs 605. If you want to count Colossus + WAPA vs Polar, then its 90 soemthing vs 317. However, Polar vs everyone else is close to 317 vs 1000 plus nations. What does all this mean? We are outnumbered almost 5 to 1. There is no reason you guys should have a shortage of nations to keep us staggered since you guys can cycle nations in and out. For example, elgringo1994 declared war on me. After our wars peaced out, he regained some nukes, and went back to fighting me again (which was a fun war).

5) Stop complaining and have fun. This is the most fun I had in CN, fighting you AZTEC guys. So instead of waving your e-peens on the message boards, talking about how your 5k NS is the greatest nation on Bob, go fight.

That is all, back to my bunker.

o/

-omfg

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1326045071' post='2895770']
5) Stop complaining and have fun. This is the most fun I had in CN, fighting you AZTEC guys. So instead of waving your e-peens on the message boards, talking about how your 5k NS is the greatest nation on Bob, go fight.

o/

-omfg
[/quote]

Fighting you folks has been fun too, thank you sir/ma'am.

Oh man if I only saved at how many of these I had. I think at least 6 or 7 times.

I think you AZTEC guys are kinda forgetting some basic points so let me list them out for you.

1) If you are at war, you are going to lose nation strength. Trying to make fun of a nation for losing strength during a war is like trying to make fun of a person who is falling off a building. "Oh man you fell and you couldn't even beat gravity? You are a noob." It is inevitable, so please shut up.

2) If you are less then 10k NS and you are complaining at how everyone you fight at your level sucks or is inactive, then you really do have your head up your rear end. Try actually building your nation a little first and try fighting some mid or upper tier nations. If you are fighting someone who is in the lower level, there is a good chance that they are just someone who either just started, or doesn't really care too much for the game. Yes yes we all know you are God of CN and war, but please shut up.

3) GLoF is very good at staggering. The caliber of their nations isn't too great, and they do like to just throw nations at us, but I will give them an A on staggering.

4) If you look at the wars STA is fighting, its AZTEC + IRON which is 85 (initially) vs 605. If you want to count Colossus + WAPA vs Polar, then its 90 soemthing vs 317. However, Polar vs everyone else is close to 317 vs 1000 plus nations. What does all this mean? We are outnumbered almost 5 to 1. There is no reason you guys should have a shortage of nations to keep us staggered since you guys can cycle nations in and out. For example, elgringo1994 declared war on me. After our wars peaced out, he regained some nukes, and went back to fighting me again (which was a fun war).

o/

-omfg
[/quote]

I remember that. Had a good laugh about it on IRC afterwards, when I sent you that message telling you I wasn't going to attack with a hangover anymore. :facepalm:

These x numbers vs y numbers arguments are stupid and a load of rubbish when you consider that your entire alliance is below 40k NS. In fact most of the crap you've written hasn't even happened in this thread, other than #5 and I agree, people should shut the $%&@ up & get on with it.

o/

-omfg
[/quote]

Not strictly true. I found my tech level, NS and warchest increasing.

Sorry, just realised I waved my e-peen.

Glad to see his thread is moving away from the moralistic rantings from earlier, and returning to the fun filled banter which should always accompany war on bob.

Edited by Langa99

[/quote]

When is the housewarming party? You'll surely be able to move out of your mom's basement with all of these life skills. Let me know if you need a reference. :P

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1326113872' post='2896265']
I remember that. Had a good laugh about it on IRC afterwards, when I sent you that message telling you I wasn't going to attack with a hangover anymore. :facepalm:

[/quote]

You should consider extending this policy to forum posting.

Edited by nosoup4you

To be completely fair...Since about week 2 there have not been any targets for GLOF nations 50K+. Hence the majority of nations you are now fighting relative noobs, many many of them enjoying their first war.

Granted, that the numbers are clearly in our favor (not that there are any STA nations actually fighting IRON) however overall the damage done to STA is some of the highest out of any alliances in this war. That counts for something, since the numbers advantage is more or less consistent on all the fronts.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1326113872' post='2896265']

These x numbers vs y numbers arguments are stupid and a load of rubbish when you consider that your entire alliance is below 40k NS. In fact most of the crap you've written hasn't even happened in this thread, other than #5 and I agree, people should shut the $%&@ up & get on with it.
[/quote]

In fact almost all of it happened. Please reread the thread. We have auctor waving his 4kns e-peen, and woref assuming he is outnumbered 8:1 [quote name='Woref' timestamp='1325984072' post='2895197']
Because you're totally the only alliance we're fighting :rolleyes: By your standard you've got over 8x or numbers.
[/quote]

[quote]When is the housewarming party? You'll surely be able to move out of your mom's basement with all of these life skills. Let me know if you need a reference. :P [/quote]

Huh. If I was to get references from you, it would be probably to move into your mom's basement.

-omfg

[quote name='Langa99' timestamp='1326114420' post='2896266']
Not strictly true. I found my tech level, NS and warchest increasing.

Sorry, just realised I waved my e-peen.

Glad to see his thread is moving away from the moralistic rantings from earlier, and returning to the fun filled banter which should always accompany war on bob.
[/quote]
Oh did you mean when you militarized and declared on one STA nation that was already fighting 5 wars and was 40k NS lower then yours? Please try again.

Edited by omfghi2u2

[quote name='omfghi2u2' timestamp='1326125354' post='2896318']
In fact almost all of it happened. Please reread the thread. We have auctor waving his 4kns e-peen, and woref assuming he is outnumbered 8:1
[/quote]
I think you misunderstood what I said. I was relating what has been reported to me by AZTEC members as a whole, not merely personal experiences.

Oh did you mean when you militarized and declared on one STA nation that was already fighting 5 wars and was 40k NS lower then yours? Please try again.
[/quote]

Ok I shall.

I actually advised him to improve his navy prior to coming out of peace mode, suggested he needed 25 nukes rather than 16, warned that 500 mil was a rubbish war chest, explained that I would be one of the nations attacking him (I actually had to demilitarise to get him in range, [try again],) and all of the gains I mentioned were after declaring.

And I can't be blamed for him declaring 3 offensive wars, prior to me being the 2nd to attack him (3+1=4 by the way).

Better?

[quote name='monkeybum' timestamp='1326116818' post='2896273']
To be completely fair...Since about week 2 there have not been any targets for GLOF nations 50K+. Hence the majority of nations you are now fighting relative noobs, many many of them enjoying their first war.

Granted, that the numbers are clearly in our favor (not that there are any STA nations actually fighting IRON) however overall the damage done to STA is some of the highest out of any alliances in this war. That counts for something, since the numbers advantage is more or less consistent on all the fronts.
[/quote]
could you tell iron to stop attacking and tell wapa to start? anyways fun war, got to talk with some old RoA pals.

[...] and woref assuming he is outnumbered 8:1 [...]
[/quote]

I'm going to assume you don't completely lack the ability to understand what you're reading and were actually just skimming the topic looking for things to mock. Please go back and read that post, preferably in the context of that to which I was responding. I was certainly not claiming we were outnumbered 8:1.

[quote name='Langa99' timestamp='1326130035' post='2896354']
Ok I shall.

I actually advised him to improve his navy prior to coming out of peace mode, suggested he needed 25 nukes rather than 16, warned that 500 mil was a rubbish war chest, explained that I would be one of the nations attacking him (I actually had to demilitarise to get him in range, [try again],) and all of the gains I mentioned were after declaring.

And I can't be blamed for him declaring 3 offensive wars, prior to me being the 2nd to attack him (3+1=4 by the way).

Better?
[/quote]Haha, Goon just returned to our alliance from Creole where he was supposed to retire and eventually ride off into the sunset. He's one of those semi active I really don't give a !@#$ anymore guys who blew his warchest on infra and on whim came back to the STA. But yeah, he had a crazy low warchest.