Official Announcement from Colossus and WAPA

Bob

[quote name='Ferdinand I' timestamp='1325734614' post='2892989']
I like your signature, Tyga.

Glad to see you live up to it. Somewhat sad to see you have deluded yourself to believe that someone actually cares about your whining tho.

Now be useful and go teach your alliance members to fight, for STA still has some NS left.
[/quote]

I like my signature too, a shame you are unable to properly understand it. But kudos for rushing in here with your inane attacks on me while deftly sidestepping the argument.

My alliance has been fighting for the best part of 2 months so I'm not sure I can ask more of them than that.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Great One' timestamp='1325734466' post='2892983']
You are still neglecting to point out the misrepresentations.
[/quote]

Call it a night, sir. You're grasping, and it's not pretty. Put this one in the "learn from it" column and we'll see you another time, alright?

Cheers!

[quote name='Penedono' timestamp='1325735609' post='2893008']
Call it a night, sir. You're grasping, and it's not pretty. Put this one in the "learn from it" column and we'll see you another time, alright?

Cheers!
[/quote]
Thanks for admitting you've got nothing :)

Feel free to actually respond anytime.

[quote name='The Great One' timestamp='1325736119' post='2893018']
Thanks for admitting you've got nothing :)

Feel free to actually respond anytime.
[/quote]
Dear Sir,

You are wrong and your arguments are all wrong.

[quote name='Auctor' timestamp='1325736280' post='2893020']
Dear Sir,

You are wrong and your arguments are all wrong.
[/quote]
You are still unable to actually backup Penedono's statement. Not surprising when he was wrong. Now stop making yourselves looks like fools please.

[quote name='Penedono' timestamp='1325735609' post='2893008']

Cheers!
[/quote]

You are just adorable. You know you have absolutely no ground to stand on, so you try to play it off like the people criticizing AZTEC's actions don't know what they're talking about because you have absolutely nothing to respond with because they are, in fact, correct.

Throwing around ad hominems instead of actually addressing people's points is really pathetic.

On topic, huge dick move by AZTEC. Way to be indian givers. Tyga is spot on.

The butthurt is strong in this thread.

So

1) Colossus helps KoH rebuild after their war for no other reason than the goodness of our heart.
2) A while later KoH decides to use OPTIONAL agression pact to get a swing on one of our oldest and closest allies just for the giggles (Because that IS the only reason seeing that all their big nations, yes all 3 of them, were in peace mode most of the time, so their involvment wouldn't have changed the power balance even a tiny bit).
3) Colossus feel wronged and asks KoH to pay back the aid they received earlier because we have no desire to support someone who stabs us in the back as soon as first opportunity rises.
4) Colossus is evilest alliance ever.

Yeah that makes sense. :rolleyes:

To all whiners asking if there was a clause that forbid KoH to declare war on someone: Of course not! If you gift your neighbour set of fancy kitchen knives for christmas do you ask them to sign an agreement promising that they wont use it to stab you in the back while you are asleep? Of course not! Is it wrong to expect that they indeed don't stab you in the back, at least for no actual reason? Of course not! Is it wrong to be upset if they do stab you in the back for no reason? Of course not! Is it wrong to take the kinves away from them so they wont go around stabbing your mother aswell? Of course not! :gag:

Edited by Ferdinand I

[quote name='Ferdinand I' timestamp='1325738149' post='2893050']
The butthurt is strong in this thread.
[/quote]

I haven't seen anyone "butthurt", I have seen a lot of attacks on people rather than attacking the argument.

[quote]
So

1) Colossus helps KoH rebuild after their war for no other reason than the goodness of our heart.
[/quote]

It isn't really goodness of heart if you demand your gift back when the recipient of the gift does something you do not like later on.

[quote]
2) A while later KoH decides to use OPTIONAL agression pact to get a swing on one of our oldest and closest allies just for the giggles (Because that IS the only reason seeing that all their big nations, yes all 3 of them, were in peace mode most of the time, so their involvment wouldn't have changed the power balance even a tiny bit).
[/quote]

They actually entered at the request of their allies, the NpO. Not for giggles.

[quote]
3) Colossus feel wronged and asks KoH to pay back the aid they received earlier because we have no desire to support someone who stabs us in the back as soon as first opportunity rises.
[/quote]

KoH hasn't stabbed you in the back at all, they honoured their treaty with Polar.

[quote]
4) Colossus is evilest alliance ever.
[/quote]

No, not evil, just petty.

[quote]
To all whiners asking if there was a clause that forbid KoH to declare war on someone: Of course not! If you gift your neighbour set of fancy kitchen knives for christmas do you ask them to sign an agreement promising that they wont use it to stab you in the back while you are asleep? Of course not! Is it wrong to expect that they indeed don't stab you in the back, at least for no actual reason? Of course not! Is it wrong to be upset if they do stab you in the back for no reason? Of course not! Is it wrong to take the kinves away from them so they wont go around stabbing your mother aswell? Of course not1 :gag:
[/quote]

I wasn't aware KoH attacked Colossus. I'm not sure how attacking an alliance other than yourselves is "stabbing you in the back". War is war, alliances have treaties to honour so to make KoH pay back rebuilding aid from ages ago because you got pissed at them for declaring n your ally via their treaty with Polar is petty and reflects poorly on you.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1325719917' post='2892736']
I was mocking who ever wrote this announcement. Not what actually happened.
[/quote]
Allow me.

I don't know who thought that you could pass this off as anything other than punitive damages, but that person is a twit. This move stinks, and it is a petty move by a group of alliances entirely reliant on the din that surrounds us to get away with it, otherwise being too inconsequential on their own to ever approach something so boldly vile.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1325739137' post='2893063']
Yeah, did you see those reps demands?
[/quote]

I was going to wait and see if he saw the irony. Who knows, maybe he still won't.

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1325738637' post='2893057']
so to make KoH pay back rebuilding aid from ages ago because you got pissed at them for declaring n your ally via their treaty with Polar is petty and reflects poorly on you.
[/quote]

Yeah especially since 90 million is such a huge amount of money and will surely bankrupt them. :awesome:

Despite being reduced quite a bit most of their nations still have sizeable warchests. It's not about the money, but principle.

Not to mention the way KoH behaved in the beginning of the war, taunting us with that mentioned aid and saying how good friends we are in order to try to convince us not to help WAPA. This is not how decent alliance should act. And to remind you KoH used the OPTIONAL agression pact to jump on anti-wapa bandwagon so you can hardly talk about honouring the treaty. If they were so honourable they wouldn't have attacked our good mutual defence (Note, not optional!) allies for s*it and giggles after trying to be oh so good friends to us. Friends don't attack each other friends for fun.

[quote name='Ferdinand I' timestamp='1325739431' post='2893068']
Yeah especially since 90 million is such a huge amount of money and will surely bankrupt them. :awesome:
[/quote]

I knew this excuse was coming. If the amount is inconsequential then why make yoursleves look like petty people to claw it back?

[quote]
Despite being reduced quite a bit most of their nations still have sizeable warchests. It's not about the money, but principle.
[/quote]

This line made me giggle for some reason.

[quote]
Not to mention the way KoH behaved in the beginning of the war, taunting us with that mentioned aid and saying how good friends we are in order to try to convince us not to help WAPA. This is not how decent alliance should act. And to remind you KoH used the OPTIONAL agression pact to jump on anti-wapa bandwagon so you can hardly talk about honouring the treaty. If they were so honourable they wouldn't have attacked our good mutual defence (Note, not optional!) allies for s*it and giggles after trying to be oh so good friends to us. Friends don't attack each other friends for fun.
[/quote]

They attacked your friends at the request of their ally, not for fun. If they considered it fun then so be it but that was not the reason they attacked WAPA.

A decent alliance wouldn't demand rebuilding aid be repaid from ages ago because they got annoyed that that alliance attacked their allies via a legitimate treaty and at the request of that treatied ally.

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1325739701' post='2893071']
A decent alliance wouldn't demand rebuilding aid be repaid from ages ago because they got annoyed that that alliance attacked their allies via a legitimate treaty and at the request of that treatied ally.
[/quote]
Justitia frowns upon this.

[quote name='Ferdinand I' timestamp='1325739431' post='2893068']
Yeah especially since 90 million is such a huge amount of money and will surely bankrupt them. :awesome:[/quote]

Have you seen the size of most of their nations? Don't play dumb. And really, the amount matters less than the principle behind the action. "It's OK for us to be dicks as long as we're not HUGE dicks."

Moving on.

[quote]Not to mention the way KoH behaved in the beginning of the war, taunting us with that mentioned aid and saying how good friends we are in order to try to convince us not to help WAPA. This is not how decent alliance should act. And to remind you KoH used the OPTIONAL agression pact to jump on anti-wapa bandwagon so you can hardly talk about honouring the treaty. If they were so honourable they wouldn't have attacked our good mutual defence (Note, not optional!) allies for s*it and giggles after trying to be oh so good friends to us. Friends don't attack each other friends for fun.[/quote]

So your justification for these reps boils down to "They were meanies." They hit your allies, big whoop. They had an obligation to assist their allies. Did you expect them to just tell their allies to piss off because it might hurt your feelings? Do you honestly consider helping out your allies in a losing war to be just for "sh*t and giggles?" Do you expect everyone to not declare on anyone who's CONNECTED to someone they might have had a cordial relationship with in the past? What world do you live in? Come on man.

Get real, please.

Edited by Sniper Joe

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1325739701' post='2893071']

They attacked your friends at the request of their ally, not for fun. If they considered it fun then so be it but that was not the reason they attacked WAPA.

[/quote]

The cruelty of Polaris is all another topic. Why ask an tiny insignificant alliance, half of whose members weren't willing to fight anyway, to join in their war against WAPA knowing that they will get burned to the ground? That's mean. If KoH wanted to be such a superhero and run to the rescue of Polaris they could've honoured their Mutual Defense part of the treaty when Iron, TOP and others attacked Polaris 2 weeks before Polaris declared on WAPA. <_<

[quote name='Ferdinand I' timestamp='1325740450' post='2893081']
The cruelty of Polaris is all another topic. Why ask an tiny insignificant alliance, half of whose members weren't willing to fight anyway, to join in their war against WAPA knowing that they will get burned to the ground? That's mean. If KoH wanted to be such a superhero and run to the rescue of Polaris they could've honoured their Mutual Defense part of the treaty when Iron, TOP and others attacked Polaris 2 weeks before Polaris declared on WAPA. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]
[/quote]

The way I see it is KoH, despite knowing they'd get smashed, pledged all they had to assist their ally in Polaris. That is nothing to be ashamed of and it is certainly nothing to be punished for at the peace table. No matter where KoH went they'd have taken a beating, much like the STA.

[quote name='Earl Dumarest' timestamp='1325740771' post='2893089']
Really?

Explain again exactly what treaty exists between STA and KoH?
[/quote]

They went in with the NpO via their MDoAP as far as I'm aware when the NpO acknowledged a state of war with WAPA. There is no need for a treaty between the STA and KoH for that to happen.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1325741128' post='2893092']
They went in with the NpO via their MDoAP
[/quote]

Got it,

the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102142&view=findpost&p=2719316"]Snowhead Pact[/url], thanks!

Optional aggression. I'm in no position to criticise that, so will gracefully bow out of this topic.