By God, this Republic

Suiza

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1325744972' post='2893168']
First off, nobody lived in Alaska. The areas we annexed had residents numbering well below most neighborhoods of Beijing or Shanghai. These territories were taken over after an extended period of Alaskan Protection by ourselves, at which point we colonized these areas in an entirely separate colonial structure from the European Colonization. Our colonization unlike the one your ancestors did though didn't involve killing or displacing any native Americans. So really we're forced to ask what right to the descendants of European Invaders have to tell Chinese economic settlers what to do in our own territory?

Grand Vizier Wei Hai
[/quote]

[i]Oh, I see. So because your colonization was not like that of Colonial Era powers, you should be left alone to the annexation of American lands? This is perhaps the most distastful of excuses for annexation of foreign soil, behind bloated justification that I have yet to hear. When a people speak in defence of their land from foreign occupyers, will you always retract recognition of their sovereign state or only when it is Tianxian 'settling' they protest? What does this say for your respect for America? Your own actions sweep the rug out from under your own argument that can be summed up to this: 'Tianxia deserves to be here.' Excuse me Mr Grand Vizier, but no you do not.[/i]

Sincerely,
President Wilmington

Our protectorate was given to us by the Alaskans. Tianxia has paid for infrastructure in Alaska. Tianxia has protected Alaska. We've settled lands barely occupied by humans prior. We built cities in these lands, which choose to remain part of Tianxia. Your claims are erroneous. Unless we're going to go back to a pure native american only North America, you're just being bigoted to claim that European invaders can be there but Asian ones cannot.

I think you will find that the Americas are not one distinct political entity. Tianxia has good relations with some American Nations poor relations with others. We respect some, we don't respect others. I don't consider our relations with New Roma at all related to Alaska, I don't believe they do either. Its ridiculous to thinks so.

[i]Of course, America is a place of many cultures & political ideologies. All of this establish what is truly American & an expansionist 'Horde' from the far East is hardly a part of this Americana. This is more accuratly a transatlantic expansion of Asian continental borders at American expense. We are not arguing European-American Colonial right, we argue that Asia & Europe respect American borders. I claim that America as many nations & unique peoples rule over its own lands, & Asian ones cannot. There is plenty of land for you to settle in Asia, Grand Vizier, but you will not make an Empire out of us.

We hold to our word & still recognize the Great Horde of Tianxia. We also hope to continue dialogue as well as engage in diplomacy with you, Grand Vizier, but we will seek a formal dispute over Alaskan claims with the rest of the American community on the belief that Alaska should be returned to American hands.[/i]

Sincerely,
President Wilmington

Just a general question: If some African power did the same thing in some forsaken territory in Asia, would you recognize it as the territory of that African country? We've been a bit perplexed with the somewhat different rhetoric which the UFE and its successor Tianxia has taken when it comes to Asia.

- Chancellor Peter O'Neill

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1325788250' post='2893411']
"The Athenian-American territories have been part of the Athenian Federation and the owner before us Monaco-Valencia for decades, it will remain part for many decades more. Any attempt to change this will not be responded kindly to."
[/quote]

[i]"You will answer to the people just as much as anyone else, regardless of what empire you command. America's eyes are apon you now."[/i]

Sincerely,
President Wilmington

[quote name='Suiza' timestamp='1325788689' post='2893415']
[i]"You will answer to the people just as much as anyone else, regardless of what empire you command. America's eyes are apon you now."[/i]

Sincerely,
President Wilmington
[/quote]

"And our eyes are on you. Do not underestimate our strength as you surely overestimate your own."

-Admiral Regine Avenier

Sincerely,
President Wilmington
[/quote]

"They are welcomed to get a demonstration of exactly how well the Hellenic Forces can project their power globally"

Edited by Centurius

Sincerely,
President Wilmington
[/quote]

"America's eyes are not intimidating to those you place them on."

**Classified**

The remaining Naval Forces who fought with Athens in St. Helena would make a stop in the Bahamas to refuel and rearm. Sailors would be allowed to relax and to enjoy the beaches of the Bahamas.

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1325791151' post='2893436']
OOC:Suiza- dont do anything stupid you are showing real promise as an RP'er dont throw it away by being foolishly aggressive
[/quote]

OOC: Michi, he's fine, he's playing a character. Stop throwing OOC into this thread.

Sincerely,
President Wilmington
[/quote]

The Eyes of the Americas are divided. Some welcome the presence of foreign powers, others dispute them. However the fact is is that any of the powers who have a presence in the America did not get there by any sinister means, and I do not think that you really have much room to complain if your the Americas considering the continuous attempts of the largest North American nation to gain footholds on other continents in addition to several smaller nations doing the same. I'd start criticizing Canada for its European colonization first before I'd lecture the Athenians and the French.

Mongols and Amazons of course, love to fight, so, we've got no problem letting others come to Alaska.

-Wei Hai

OOC: I'm not going to kill someone over words, if he backs it up with actions I will defend myself, but MO you should chill.

Edited by Triyun

[quote name='Fyston' timestamp='1325739852' post='2893075']
"The USVR welcomes the Continental Republic to the world stage and wishes to host a meeting to discuss the potential of a trade agreement."

- USVR Diplomat William Meler
[/quote]

"We are delighted by this offer & do accept. Simply inform us of the place & date and we will depart for Virginia."

President Wilmington

Delaware had spent its early months stabilizing its economy & on a local level it was already bearing fruit. Citizens where encouraged to grow & sell their own foods in an amazing triumph of the grassroots. The populace was sustained & began to flourish while the government gathered its barings. The small nation had already taken a strong stance against foreign occupyers & this policy had garnered sweeping support at home for the governing body- stability that was crucial to the quick stabilization of the C.R.A. Deleware's constitution forbade the Army from venturing beyond the national borders in aggression, the bulk of which was stationed along the eastern seabord in the belief that their guns should never face their own countrymen.

The nation was informed that economic recovery would be slow as the engine of the nation was put to work for the Republic, but locals felt that it was moving much faster than that. Their president promised no simple or quick solutions, but that the Republic would always stand firm in its defense of America, Americanism, & the American people. The Continental Republic of America would pledge to be a good neighbor country & gracious partner to all nations willing, and a fierce opponent of what is deemed 'the international clique' that is of the major powers that dabble in the power dealing that has led to the colonizing & conquest of American lands.

[i]"If, by campaigning the end to foreign occupation in America we were preaching something wrong, something that did not have the potential to awaken America as a whole to seek this end, I do not believe Tianxia, Athens, nor France would have been as concerned as they are to our words. We do not buy the Grand Vizier's justification, nor do we fear the alleged powers of Athens & her allies. To France? There is no over-estimization of the American people's will. We will continue to oppose your presence in & disrespect of American soil."[/i]