CNRP Awards: 2011 Edition

iKrolm

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1325973900' post='2895089']
I [b]created an entire economy based off turnips and turnip products[/b]. I have cars built out of turnip fibers that run off gasoline made out of turnip biomass. I think I have some pretty impressive science.

The real question is, can I nominate myself?
[/quote]

Oh I forgot about creating a turnip industry in Canada that will stump yours. Thanks for the reminder.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JEDCJT' timestamp='1325982833' post='2895181']
Oh I forgot about creating a turnip industry in Canada that will stump yours. Thanks for the reminder.
[/quote]
Literally impossible. Do you have any interests besides turnips? Yes? Then you have already failed.

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1325986669' post='2895237']
And Generalissimo's science hasn't even been motioned yet; consider the category of Best SCIENCE! added.
[/quote]
I nominate myself and my turnip science!

Best Declaration of War: Executive Minister in [i]This is not a Drill[/i][quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1294371319' post='2566722']
-----

The Monacan missile hit with devastating efficacy. The moment the weapon was launched, the people of Addis Ababa were doomed. All Nodic preparations, even in spite of the Sarnungian EMP terror attack of the past were rendered useless - fate was whimsical, it seemed.

As the weapon neared its apogee, the end of the midcourse boost stage, it was apparent that the S-117 Sentry was ill suited to attack such a depressed ballistic trajectory. Several of these high powered missiles shot up into the sky, only to come crashing down - missing by mere meters their targets and impacting harmlessly against the surface of the cold earth. Soon, the Monacan SLBM was well within the S-117's deadzone - and dead it was.

The next component of the Never Again Doctrine was quickly inacted, a battery of T-280 'TRANSCENSION' Hyper Velocity Surface-to-Air Missiles. These weapons fared better, yet were ultimately fooled by the anti-intercept subroutines that the incoming threat possessed - they had also failed.

It was said that in their last moments, the Operators within the Strategic Command Agency (SCA) were placid. Many had come to grips about what was about to happen - many had attempted to send burst transmissions to loved ones, hopeless and futile attempts at saving their beloved. They were quickly shot down in their seats for treason. Others simply slumped in their chairs in an almost comatose state - shocked that all they had worked towards was lost in an instant. They had been reared and trained to defend Nod from the one threat that its great Nodic Militancy could not handle - and they had failed. Ones in positions such as theirs had to be on 'point', steadfast in their duty and successful in their tasks 100% of the time. Their enemies? They only needed to be right once.

[i]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_LlK0S_Sc8"]Assault in the Control Room[/url]

"What do you you mean, you won't fire the weapons?!?!" Michaelson screamed, almost shrieking at the young woman sitting at the desk infront of him. Everyone within the SCA's secondary command and control center was stunned. The normally calm and collected General looked insane.

"We've experienced the pain and sorrow of nuclear attacks, yet we are inflicting the same suffering on them now!"

The other [url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BridgeBunnies"]women[/url] within this SCA terminal were silently agape at their sister, a young, idealistic woman. To see her stand up to General Michaelson, second only to the Executive Minister himself, was astounding. Yet in their own minds, they knew she was right.

"Will anything be set right if we fire them? Or if more innocent men, women and children keep losing their lives? Is this justice? Don't you realize what these attacks on each other are giving birth to? Do we want even more sacrifices?!?" she concluded, staring the silent, heaving man in the eyes from her seated position.

"You are nothing but an irritant! A pest!" he said, shoving the woman aside to take her place at the primary launch enablers. He had already given the launch codes required in order to deploy the weapons, yet this woman had refused to carry out the attack.
[/i]
[i]*I can still make things right before the end!* he thought, his eye twitching.

"Do you really think the people of Addis Ababa will believe that?!?!? Of course they won't!!!!!! Nobody will!!!" he screeched over his shoulder, "HURRY! Commence targeting input, location: Monte Carlo." [b][0:40][/b]

"No! You can't!"

"Shout all you want, but its too late now!" Michaelson cried.

"Is this what you really want? You'll wipe them out! Completely!"

"What's the delay?! It'll all be over when we finish this! HURRY!" he shouted the woman down again, forcing her compatriots to move their fingers on displays previously left idle. [b][0:45]
[/b]
"Nooo!" the young girl cried, throwing herself upon the large form of Michaelson. While she was woefully mismatched she had the element of surprise, managing to pin him to the console as she cried out to her subordinates.

"Get out of here, quick! I'll hold him off! Get to the shelters! HURRY!" her grasp was waning on a furious Michaelson. It was just as she was thrown off by an angry back hand did she hear the sound of the compartment being sealed - from the outside.[b][0:55][/b]

Saying nothing, Michaelson shot the girl with his sidearm. Finalizing the firing routines himself, he walked to the door. Finding it locked, her picked up the gasping girl, hurling her into a console, "You !@#$%*!"[b][1:05][/b]

Seven missiles were launched. Whosoever slayeth Cain or his descendants will suffer vengeance seven times over. Two would strike the last known position of the firing submarine, the last five would impact Monaco and the surrounding sea-side.
[/i][i][b][END][/b][/i]
[center][i][img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/mofailla/the_end_2_by_jamga.jpg?t=1294365901[/img][/i]
[/center]
[i]
[b]<<This just in, demolition efforts of the foreign weapon have been successful due to the courageous actions of our brothers and sisters within the SCA. However- damage from the fragments of the remainder of the ICBM is deemed a significant hazard. Residents are urged to calmly prepare to follow Ministry approved 'Hostile Event' procedures. Everyone is instructed to remai->>

[/b]"What tomfoolery is this?!?!" the man said, slamming his fist into the remote, "how can these preparations hope to defend us against a nuclear attack? Are they mad!"

He turned, looking at his frightened wife and children, "We must depart at once! Pack whatever you can carry, we are leaving for the Undercity!"

"Momma!" a young boy tugged on his mother's sleeve, "I don't wanna go!"

"We'll be safe there, dear. Please.... listen to your father! Go pack your school bag! And wait in the living room with your little sister."

[/i]

The scenes in downtown Addis Ababa were chaotic. The normally composed and rigid Nodic citizen was out in the streets, wide eyed, frightened and confused. Traffic into the city quickly became nonexistant, but even that couldn't prevent the wide spread panic and gridlock that soon choked the streets. The Undercity had been sealed off - only a paltry 1,000,000 out of the normal 12,000,000 members of Nod's capital had made it into the underground caverns that honeycombed the Entoto rock and mountain formations the surface city was built upon. These 1,000,000 would have a bittersweet fate- while many would be able to survive the horrendous shock of such a blast in its depths, others would still succumb to the comparatively 'clean' weapon's radiological effects. It would not be until months had passed that they would see the sun again - most would die in the coming days and weeks, as preparations for such a massive underground dwelling had only been made for the spartan life of a Nodic soldier, not a civilian in the long term.

[i]
Klaxons and air raid sirens blared within downtown Addis Ababa. Abandoning their vehicle to gridlock long ago, the family trekked towards the neared entrance to the Undercity, near Bole International.

[b]<<We have no way of knowing where the incoming weapon fragments will land. Early estimates indicate the impact zone to be nearby Khartoum. All citizens are urged to seek shelter immediately for precautionary measures. Remain calm and orderly, and obey the instructions of our Brothers within the Militancy, and Sisters of the Monastic Order of Medicine. Their instructions are paramount for your safety.>>[/b][/i]

[center][img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/mofailla/evac.jpg?t=1294365856[/img]
[/center]

Rioting soon broke out near the sealed exits of the Undercity - many began to riot and attempt to force their way into the Undercity's cavernous entrances. Many lives were lost to the reluctant bullets of the Nodic Security Force (NSF) and local contingents of the Nodic Militancy. Reports of militants and security personnel committing suicide and fratricide were widespread - it seemed the very fabric of the Executive Ministry's power over its people and armed forces was being torn asunder, despite the lies broadcast over the public address systems of the city.
[i]

"Brother! What do you mean there is no more room! There is plenty of room!" the man was furious, and in an almost crazed state of mind. After finally enduring the horrors of the journey, they had arrived at Bole, only to find a crowd scrambling against a number of armor clad figures near the entrance.

"Don't be a fool! Would you condemn all of us for your own selfish gains? Back I say! Back!" was all he got in reply from a brusque mannered Elite Cadre Sergeant, "You there, seal the door!"

[b]<<This shelter is full. Please proceed to shelter number 32.>>

[/b]"Please, Brother! At least take my wife and children! I beg of you!"

The guard turned, leaning towards the man, "Ergeron, I'm sorry.... no exceptions... do not make this harder than it already is. I can give you my own cyanide packages if you wis- WE HAVE A RUNNER!"

Shots rang out on the crowded street, yet more began to rush the guards, clamoring to get in.

[/i]It was indeed a low point within Nodic history. For all its snide remarks and boastful attitude, the people of the Nodic Capital were really no different from the animals that lived outside of Nod's holdings. Those that managed to escape the confines of the city fared little better. The 10 megaton blast would level the entirety of Addis Ababa, for miles around scenes of unspeakable barbarity and selfishness soon drowned out all the good that was managed to be wrought out.

[img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/mofailla/Speedpaint___Future_City_by_ANTIFAN_REAL.jpg?t=1294365306[/img]

[i]Christina De Falco looked at Addis Ababa one last time before departing with the rest of her Air Wing. She had little time to spare before the minimum safe distance could be achieved with her Krieg A-1 Fast Close Air Support (FCAS) craft.

"Enough, we are to rendezvous at Adahunat forward airbase for immediate counter-retaliatory attacks against Monaco. Death Crusader squadron, move out... that means you, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=80873&view=findpost&p=2187371"]Angel One[/url]" she ordered.
[/i]

But the most terrible, darkest Nodic secret? The avowed, and righteous Nodic Militancy had immediately pulled out its most valuable assets from the capital the moment the SLBM launch was detected in the ocean. Relatively few of the members of the 'Militant Order Under the Executive Ministry' had stayed behind to die alongside their cherished leader, rendered a rotting corpse by the homicidal Michaelson long before. Remnants of the Nodic forces would later cite an extremely heavy prescence of Nodic personnel and equipment near the outlying regions of Nod as the reason for the rather remarkable low Militant casualty rates attributed to the nuclear attack.

[i]"Yuh... you're crazy... and so's your logic..." the young woman cried out meekly, laying in a pool of blood on top of the console. Michaelson said nothing, simply staring at the screen before him, his eyes dancing to follow all of the data streaming in.

"Why torment yourself? How long have you been saying, 'eventually', 'some day'? How long have you been walking around with your thoughts clouded by that brand of sweet poison?" he growled, turning to her.

"They're right there! Our enemies are still out there! Why would you even suggest we not fire?! We must destroy them NOW, before they have a chance to retaliate!!!! Why won't anybody understand that?!?! The enemy must be ANNIHILATED!"

He pulled out his pistol again, as the ICBM neared Addis Ababa, "Do you know what'll happen? After they find out you've treated me like this?!?! Do you?!"

"I think you... you're a monster... a monster that deserves to die.... right here with me," was all she could gasp before she was hoisted by the armpit and shot through the abdomen for a second, third and final time.[/i]

Michaelson would never make it out of Addis Ababa. Horrifically, neither did the news of his prior murder, that of the Executive Minister, see the light of day either. Both he and Michaelson would be lauded as martyrs for their 'decisions' to stay behind within the capital until the last.

[i]
"Please, don't stop, honey!" the man was on a sheer rock face, clamoring upwards towards the mountainous valleys of neighbouring Entoto valley and the forest covering it. Hundreds of others had turned to such a desperate measure after shooting began at the Undercity entrances. Like a sea of insects, they climbed up and up, but already it was too late. Those with a keener eye could already see the glow of an object in the distance.

"I miss Anthony! Where is he mother!!!!" a young girl sobbed into her mother's arms, who strained to hold the infant.

"Your brother's in a better place now, dear... the others near the entrance have seen to that," she replied, glaring at her morose husband.

"Rebecca, please!"

"I know, Ergeron... just, I need a moment."

The two gasped, watching an older couple as they lost their footing a few paces ahead. They came down the side of the mountainous buttress, crashing into others down towards the throng of newcomers below- no one did anything to stop the couple as they plummeted to their deaths, lest they fall themselves. Wincing, the young woman put her child's head to her breast, and continued upwards without looking back.

A loud, thunderous screeching sound was heard, drowning out everyone around them. It was similar to what one would hear as a large aircraft took off, yet it shook all who beheld it to the core. It was unyielding as it followed the large plume of smoke that streaked towards them.

"What's coming!? What's coming!?" a squeaky voice was heard over the panicked screams and cries around them, "are we going to stay here forever?!"

"Jessica, please! Everything will be alr-"[/i]

[center][img]http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/mofailla/BOOM.jpg?t=1294365074[/img]
[/center]

A momentary silence suddenly choked out the once thriving city-state of Addis Ababa as the missile struck dead center. One of the last things anyone within a 20 mile radius would see was a brilliant fireball that seemed to engulf the capital, sending shadows everywhere the undisintegrated eye could see. The hemispherical ball of energy expanded until it seemed it could not devour anything more before it ruptured, sending out seas of fire, light and debris for miles. A horrific screech - as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in unity was heard as the atmosphere around the blast radius was instantaneously torn asunder. Creation had decided to undo itself, and it did so in a horrendous fashion. Menagesha National Forest was set alight, Entonto National Park reduced to cinders, the Aba-Samuel Fresh water reservoir boiled until dry. Over 10 million Nodic citizens perished in the Monacan strike... yet how many would die in the coming months was yet to have been seen.[/quote] [quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1294428701' post='2567532']
A burst transmission would be sent to the world.

[code]If you had the power, would you go back in time to kill Genghis Khan? Would you deliver a vaccination for the black death?

What if this power required you to slaughter an innocent man? Would the millions of lives saved excuse this grave sin?

What if you were to murder ten, twenty, a hundred? A thousand?

Our nation did nothing to Monaco, except arrange the meeting between you and your Gods, to atone for this grave sin against humanity.

Whether through incompetence, or malice, your armed forces are responsible for tens of millions of lives.

Did you really expect to go unpunished? To remedy all these deaths with 'sorry'? Do you think we are afraid of your allies, of victims without the gall

or the resolve to met out the fruits of your labor? We have done the world a great service. The dead have their revenge on Monaco, and have been given

a crucible on which to enact their own sense of 'justice'. We are that crucible, and we relish the thought of slaughtering any who would stand in the way of

our righteous fury.

We have annihilated Monaco. They are insignificant to us now militarily.

However,

Monaco will dismantle its military at once, and shall not build more nuclear weapons in the near future.

Monaco will cease military action against the nations of Nod, the HAE, J Andres, England and Korea.

Monaco will dissolve the government that allowed this grave injustice to occur in the first place.

Monaco will give power to a new government of its choosing, but must yield to periodical inspections by international observers on both a civilian, government

and military capacity.

Failure to comply with these edicts will force this war to continue on a conventional level. The Militant Order Under the Executive Ministry will not use nuclear weapons

unless another First Strike is inflicted on our Nation.

We await your intentions.[/code][/quote]

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1325922907' post='2894642']I didn't write it, and that certainly wasn't my website. :|[/quote]Err.. . you linked it?
So I might have made an incorect assumption – that doesn’t make you less funny.
Let's try another one from 2011. .[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1294559336' post='2569532']
"The threat of nuclear annihilation is a reality for us citizens of Labrador. A nuclear bomb could come from any country at any time. This video is to instruct you how to survive in the event of a nuclear attack.

You may wonder, what is a nuclear bomb? What do they do? I'll answer that: A nuclear weapon is an explosive device that derives its destructive force from nuclear reactions, either fission or a combination of fission and fusion. Both reactions release vast quantities of energy from relatively small amounts of matter. The first fission ("atomic") bomb test released the same amount of energy as approximately 20,000 tons of TNT.

Wow! You may say. How do I survive that? Well first let us educate you about nuclear weapons.

There are three ways a nuclear weapon can kill or injure you. One is by its powerful shockwave, which can collapse weakly structured buildings and whip glass and loose objects, like you, towards the opposite direction of the blast. Way number 2 is heat, which can burn you to dust. The third is radiation.

You are asking yourself again: How do I survive this horrible weapon? Well, it is actually easy. Let us go with the event that there is a warning. Look at the Johnsons. They are a happy middle-class family lounging around in the living room. Suddenly, the shrill scream of a nuclear warning device catches their attention. What do the Johnsons do? First, the children run upstairs and grab their pillows. Mrs Johnson unplugs all electronics as Mr. Johnson closes all the blinds. Mrs Johnson turns off her stove and heads downstairs. Mr. Johnson, done with the blinds, also heads downstairs.

Once downstairs, the Johnsons hunker beneath a sturdy table connected to the wall. The blast rolls over them and other than a few burns, the Johnson family survives.

But what if you are outdoors, in an apartment building or in a car when the atom bomb goes off?

When outdoors, do as a popular American informational video says: duck and cover. Do not hesitate and most importantly do not look at the bomb. When the bomb explodes there will be a great flash, this flash can blind you. Immediately look away, jump on the ground and cover yourself. Anything from a heavy coat to a book can save your life. If the blast comes with warning, get in the nearest doorway or duck!

If in an apartment building, the building will most likely be reinforced. Immdietaley find a room in the center of the building with little or no windows and cover yourself underneath any sturdy object.

If you are in a car, stop the car and jump out, run towards the blast and duck and cover! You do not want the car to squash you like a bug.

If you are in a public building or a workplace, hide underneath the closest desk or if there is none or all are taken, duck and cover!

The blast may come without warning, as described in the car and outdoors scenario. This most likely will happen if you live on the borders. In this scenario, the best chance of survival is to cover yourself and duck! As described before, even a book can save your life.

The Harrisons are outdoors in the local park feeding the ducklings. Suddenly, the bomb goes off! Mrs Harrison immdiately pulls her daughter to the floor and covers both of them with her long sweater, and Mr. Harrison grabs his son and covers himself and his son with his coat! The Harrisons survive the encounter and live to tell the tale.

If a nuclear bomb explodes on water or ground, the water or dirt particles will be radioactive and fall back to earth. This is very dangerous and if you are indoors you must immediately cover any broken windows. The Kennedys decide to be on the safe side, as seen here and cover all windows, even the ones that remain intact.

If you are outdoors, quickly get to an indoor area and cover any broken windows and opened doors.

The final scenario is if the blast comes at night. The Gregories are sleeping peacefully when suddenly the nuclear bomb goes off! Without warning! But they are well informed! They immediately hide underneath their beds. Even 4-year-old Little Sue knows to do this! While those who pull the covers over their heads and hide are injured or killed by flying glass, the Gregories survive with very little injures.

This concludes our documentary. Remember: A nuclear bomb is dangerous, and can go off at any time no matter where you are."
[/quote]Classy!

Edited by Generalissimo

Best Wall of Text: Executive Minister’s [i]Egression It works both ways[/i]
Lot’s of good material in that thread, I’ll have to put forth my favorite.[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1306361722' post='2718242']
[color="#FF0000"][url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99886&view=findpost&p=2672236"][...][/url][/color][b]

"What is the meaning of this!?"[/b] Avatar Marxon growled, balling up his fists in a rage.

"Forgive us, my Lord" the woman replied.

Dressed in a white carapace, she knelt beside a number of her compatriots before the Avatar in a plea for mercy. Her voice was strained, yes- but not with fear. Like all trials and tribulations she faced, Crusader Thalia met the Avatar's wrath with serenity and calm. She had hoped that as the Lady's Avatar of War, Marxon would be well versed in the Princess' teachings of peace and tranquility - she had obviously misplaced that hope. Despite the deluge from Marxon, Thalia relied on her faithfulness and duty to the Princess as the source of her composure.

"Minister Oshibutu has indeed escaped, Avatar... we suspect by the work of traitors," the other woman chimed in. Both had tried to look up at the angry man before them, but his cold stare quickly made them avert their gazes back to the cold cobblestone floor of the communal den they met in.

Snarling to himself, the Avatar waved the two away with one hand dismissively, striding to an open portal to gaze out onto the estate's grounds outside. Closing his eyes, he exhaled loudly as he heard the two subordinates tentatively shuffle to their feet with an audible clank.
[b]
"What is the current status of our forces in the region?"[/b]

"Crusader Ariel is the closest of our kin to Minister Oshibutu's last known position... she is stationed several kilometers west of ground zero, alongside a contingent of Sisters from the Monastic Order of Medicine," Thalia replied.

"The Sisters were in the process of administering memorial services to the victims of Addis Ababa - their original purpose of search, rescue and recovery having been deemed untenable early on in their efforts, My Lord," the second added quickly, as if speaking of things taboo before her Elder, Marxon.

Growling at the mention of martyred Addis Ababa, Marxon started with a dejected sigh. [b]"A most lamentable circumstance- She was taken from the convoy by force, yes?"[/b]

"We are still assessing our losses during the attack, My Lord, but yes... we believe so."

Slowly turning to face the two Crusaders behind him, the Avatar pounded his fist into the palm of his hand repetitively, with purpose.

[b]"That woman is a vestige of our former selves... her continued existence on this Earth is an affront to our Lady"[/b] he said with a pause, thinking for a moment. With a heavy heart, it seemed, he continued.

[b]"It shall be in our Lady's name that we must find Minister Oshibutu and silence her immediately. We can ill afford to have a Nodic egression, especially with the Minister as their figurehead. Our Lady's grasp on East Africa is tenuous enough as it is without that woman's interference. Notify Crusader Ariel at once, have her move into the area. The Principality must be immediately mobilized for any and all Nodic Remnant aggression should we fare admirably in this debacle."[/b]

"Yes, Avatar" the two said in unison and with great fervor, standing at attention as they did so.

[b]"Leave me."[/b]

Marxon frowned, his head swimming. Lurching towards a nearby chair seat, the man rested heavy hands on its arm rests, his chest heaving. Within the middle aged man's battered body, two forces fought a pitched battle over their shared dominion. After tense moments of fighting for control, Marxon's breaths grew steadier, and were drawn farther apart. His eyes finally opened, resting upon the piece of furniture that served as his support. Noticing its elaborate construction, a sudden and unexplainable sense of revulsion clutched at him, causing him to send the cushion that drew his ire flying to an opposite end of the chamber. So [i]disgustingly[/i] decadent!

He stared at the cushion for a moment, trying to contemplate the reason for his impulsive action. Saying nothing he sighed, sitting down slowly before steepling his fingers atop the bridge of his nose. He would stay in this position for what to others would be mere moments, but to him an eternity.

[color="#FF0000"][url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99339&view=findpost&p=2659561"][...][/url][/color]
[i]
"Well I am Princess Rhianne Lucretia Sidamo... and I have come for you!"[/i]

Jagdfel stood infront of the 'Princess' silently for a moment, as if fighting some unknown power or compulsory force that was beset upon him. Suddenly placing his hands on the weapons the Elite Cadre beside him brandished, he threw them downwards - causing them to lower their weapons... for now. Jagdfel took a deep breath, exhaling into an enraged tirade.

[b]"...What MOCKERY is this?!?! You? Simply a misguided girl? YOU come for ME??"[/b]
[i]
"By allowing the war to spread, you also bring about more hatred. How far do you and your kin intend to take this?"[/i] the woman took no offense to his rebuke, quickly shifting to the offensive.

Jagdfel was taken aback by this woman's candor. He had expected someone far different from what lay before him to be a part of this insurrection. In the early days of Nod, external intelligence agencies could do little in discerning who was doing what within East Africa's borders. Power shifted quickly in the Brotherhood, be it through the ritualistic ascension of a subordinate to a commanding officer killed in glorious battle - or more... delicate arrangements.

But this woman was not an executioner, or a scavenger seeking weakened, dieing prey to consume. She was different. Jagdfel knew it, as did the other surviving members of the Nodic guard that stood beside him. The woman, clad in white, held about her an eerie, almost supernatural ambience. The General could not put any other name within Nod to her face save for the laughable title she declared for herself.
[i]
"Please, we need not fight one another! Lay down your arms, and join us in ending this war. Together, we may rebuild our shattered land, forge together bonds of fr-"[/i]

Jagdfel flew into a rage. His eyes surged with blood within their sockets with incomprehensible explosive emotion. He saw nothing but the woman now - indeed all forms of thought and reason within the General had focused upon her. It drove him mad, how her presumptions and demands were both arrogant in content yet humble in delivery. He wanted to bellow at her insolence, bay at the top of his lungs as he tore hers from her tiny frame - yet part of him had grown to accept this woman's words as partial, if not total truth. This feeling, that all his years of training, conditioning and service within the Brotherhood were slowly crumbling away within a deep recess of his being, frightened him. He was not accustomed to fear. Jagdfel had been built to be a fortress - the Executive Minister's teachings his walls, and his devotion and duty to the Brotherhood his impenetrable keep. It scared him to think that slowly this 'Princess' was chipping at the stone - and was succeeding.

[b]"E-NOUGH!"[/b] he bellowed, finally cutting the woman off. He wanted to see the 'Princess' start, be shocked or otherwise moved with his interruption of her lecture. Instead, much to his disappointment and chagrin, he failed to knock her off her high horse. Indeed, the woman merely paused, tilting her hooded head lightly to one side. Clear, beatific eyes gazed intently at him - a young mother, eagerly awaiting her child's enthusiastic display or show.

[b]"You have broken into our refuge,"[/b] he said in a snarling whisper, [b]"you have violated the sanctity of our lair. You have turned my own warriors against me, and have in turn used them to slaughter countless of those loyal to me. For this we should grind your bones into POWDER,"[/b] he finished with a snap.
[i]
"We have experienced the horrors of war, known how terrible it is to behold such a never-ending chorus of loss, and yet you seek to inflict the same suffering on them now? How is this senseless campaign of destruction going to heal our wounded nation?"
[/i]
[b]"I NEED NOT EXPLAIN MYSELF TO THE LIKES OF YOU!"[/b] he raged. All around him stood and lay young men, men Jagdfel treated as his own sons. Sons and brothers in arms that had fought long and hard, sacrificed their childhoods and lives in order to bring about the righteous fury that was Addis Ababa's wrath. The blood of millions bubbled beneath the crater of the Great Scar, crying out for revenge. To see so many turn their backs on this effort was a truly unforgivable act of betrayal. Nod would inflict its revenge on Monaco soon enough, but it would have to wait until all traitors were purged.

[i]"Living well is the best revenge, my Good General," [/i] the Princess answered simply, with a tinge of mystery that Jagdfel found all the more unnerving. Was she inside his mind?

[b]"Just as they lay waste to our lands, we shall lay waste to theirs. You may either die here with me for your treachery or flee back to whatever hole you and your ilk crawled out from - it is no matter."[/b]

It wasn't enough. He could tell that slowly she was winning the war of words. Her will seemed inevitable, to him.

[i]"Please, hear me, General Jagdfel"[/i] the Princess answered. [i]"It would be well within my right to give the order, to grant you the death you desire, to leave you here for all eternity..."[/i]

She paused, letting the weight of her words bear down upon Jagdfel. Even this threat of death sounded like a sweet, enticing offer from the girl, he surmised. Quickly shaking the cob webs out of his mind, he stepped forwards, a defiant response already in his throat.
[b]
"I fear not 'Death'! For our strength is eternal."[/b]

[i]"You have no need to fear death, General,"[/i] she replied, without skipping a beat. It was maddening how she always had a fluid response to whatever Jagdfel said.

[i]"I have seen your future - death is not what awaits you here. You are destined for far greater things, can you not feel it? Our destinies have become intertwined - such things are inescapable."[/i]

Jagdfel's mind began to race, his heart beating faster. A strange, overwhelming feeling had taken root in his heart. Something indescribable. He felt it now, was afraid. His training told him to be strong, to lash out, do something, anything. No Nodic Commander had ever been captured by the enemy alive, it was ingrained into a Nodic warrior's psyche that he was never to turn his back on the enemy. Never forgive, never respite.

[i]"I come to consider the Nodic Militancy - the one with which you have been entrusted to lead. You were all born to serve the Executive Minister, and without him - You have no purpose... I wish to bring you purpose anew, for I find great value in such men and women."[/i]

His attention turned to those traitors that stood behind the blasted woman. She said nothing as Jagdfel's eyes wandered over to her followers - still wrapped up in the revelations she bestowed upon Jagdfel, no doubt. Eerily, they had all removed their helmets. For the first time in hours of pitched fighting, the General could look upon those who had betrayed him for the foolish ramblings of the girl. What he saw surprised him. Upon the face of each militant behind her was etched a calm, placid look of satisfaction. Eyebrows were up turned, mouths dreamily bent into warm, brotherly smiles of encouragement.
[b]
"Do you seek to mock us, traitors?"[/b] Jagdfel threw at the men, pointing an accusatory finger at the nearest, an Elite Cadre whose features were not as warm or mindless as the other, lesser warriors. Nevertheless, he was under the full sway of the Princess.

"I have heard her word, General," Cynarius responded, closing his eyes in a look of serenity. "I have found peace."

Jagdfel was taken aback by the Elite Cadre's response. Normally, their ilk were the most pious, most devout followers of the Executive Minister's Militancy. Charged with leading and moulding subordinate Heavy and Light Infantry beneath them to be true warriors of Nod, this one's lack of loyalty was simply frightening. Jagdfel was truly taken aback, and for once had nothing to say in response. His mouth left slightly ajar, he stared at Cynarius, who seemed so happy, so peaceful despite his blood bespattered armor. Jagdfel's expression did not change as he slowly turned his gazed back upon the Princess.

She had taken a step forwards, placing a small hand lightly on Jagdfel's chest plate. Crooning softly, she seized her opportunity.
[i]
"You have been fighting all your life, General"[/i] she started. Jagdfel couldn't help but feel hesitation, starting backwards away from her soothing voice. [i]"You have lost much, and rightfully deserve peace. Let me bring peace to you Jagdfel. Let me bring peace..."[/i]

Avatar Marxon let out a short cry of pain. His features contorted as he clutched at his head, trying to tear into his mind. He sought an answer for that age old question, [i]'why?'[/i]

[b][u]
Ground-Zero, The Great Scar- Formerly known as the Nodic Capital, Addis Ababa[/u][/b]

Ariel sighed. The air was still here, an arid, desert-like atmosphere that spoke volumes about what was lost that fateful day.

[color="#2E8B57"][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOJaXybK4_A"]Silence...[/url][/color]

Silence was what filled the air above the former heart and soul of Nod. Addis Ababa lay in ruin, arid wastes of ash sprawled across what was once prime agricultural land surrounding the great city-state. A sea of this wretched black substance surrounded the Great Scar, a fitting moniker given to Addis Ababa's former site, which was cradled in the minds of every 'former' Nodic and Aeon citizen alike. Only the wind's hollow, baleful whistle dared stir this solemn, almost holy place.

Where the sun could penetrate the dark, overcast skies of ash clouds, the ground shimmered. Not only were the heat waves relentless in their assault upon the scorched earth, but they also showered a wide spread layer of green glass with their piercing rays. These glittering sheets were none other than fused top soil and other viscera borne from Addis Ababa when it was so cruelly disemboweled. An eerie sheen was cast to the otherwise deathly atmosphere from the depths of the ruined capital.

Ariel sighed once more. A quiet, contemplative woman, Crusader Ariel would have made the quintessential monk or priestess. Yet she had fared well in the Aeon trials for the beginning rank of Knight. She had found the Aeon concepts of situational awareness, empathy and enduring spirituality to come naturally to her. She was made a Crusader soon after.

It was to this spot that she had brought the Brothers and Sisters under her tutelage, and it was from the same place that they had trekked into the heart of the ruins of the destroyed city. While the weapon detonated by the Monagesque was relatively clean, its destructive power was absolute. There was simply nothing or no one for them to save. Entrances to the Undercity had been fused shut, thick layers of accursed glass and ash trapped what could be suffering people below. It was deemed by command that by the time any reasonable rescue effort could have been made, all would have perished.

The Aeon had deigned to leave the Undercity a tomb for the dead, and were wary of disturbing it. As they left the hollowed out ruins of Addis Ababa, they simply left marble obelisks to stand as eternal mass grave markers. No one missed the accusing stares the white pillars shone on them as they left. Indeed, the Sisters of the Order, Nodic icons of serenity, reassurance and hope, women who frequented the graphic scenes of horror and carnage that followed in the wake of war their Brothers in the Nodic Militancy waged, were rendered powerless, helpless and in tears. They knew they could do nothing for their countrymen in the depths of the Undercity, and languished at the thought that they were leaving them to die a slow, painful death - if death had not already come for them.

This last look back at the city's ruins was a parting gift. A token gesture of solemnity and solidarity with those that had exceeded the mortal plane and ascended to greater and better things the day Nod was rocked to its very core. The wind stirred at their backs as they looked back towards the city's now distant ruins, air rushing towards the burnt out hell hole as if they were the rasping, heaving breaths of a dieing man. With the wind, the ash began to stir, kicking up and joining a sea of ashen clouds that permanently hung over the former downtown core. The clouds had an interesting part to play in the desolate ruins of the Great Scar, besides casting a deathly shadow over all.

Thunder and lightning.

As if carried over the furious voices of the countless dead and dieing, Crusader Ariel and her accompanying forces stared as another ash storm formed and battered the ruined landscape. These storms were frequent, produced little to no precipitation and were plagued by furious electrical storms. The witnesses simply shook their heads as they saw lightning strike amongst the clouds, as if they were bolts of wrath being hurled by dueling combatants. Even in this holy place, war would plague the very skies. When it seemed that one warrior misjudged his aim, his bolt plummeting to the ground, war struck the very soil that held the ashes of so many.

[i]"When will the world ever learn?" [/i] Ariel rasped softly over the din of her ACU. Ariel ignored the flashes of light from her onboard Heads-up display - cool tones of light that flickered against her fair complexion. She was caught up in a sea of emotions and thought, a rather amusing oxymoron. She did not notice the repeating, yet insistent sound of her Electronic Voice Assistant's announcement of an incoming message, nor did she hear the sound of a subordinate officer's crunching foot steps slowly make their way to her side.

Something was at her feet. A small doll. Even as Ariel stared at it, her vision tunneling around it, something about that doll there on this desolate plain stuck a note of terrible sadness in the Crusader's heart. Where was the child to whom this doll belonged? Blown away with the wind?

Or buried and lying dead under the earth?

[b]"It is foul news that Addis Ababa is no more, Sister "[/b] the man spoke through a synthesized voice box - his head enshrouded in the Aeon's Heavy Infantry Armor [url="http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww106/mofailla/Infantry/ULAheavy-wip-1.jpg?t=1306359445"]permutation[/url] of the Nodic Cranial Protection Suite. Willing her powered armor to kneel upon the ground, Ariel was as much a storm of emotion as the electrical flashes and booms before her were a storm of indignant fury.

[b]"They struck us at just the right place. Destroyed the keystone that held us all together, sent us crashing down. A terrible calculation indeed. The hand is indeed capable of much when a brilliant mind is behind it" [/b]he stared in wonder at the ruined scene. A veteran of several conflicts within Nods lifetime, 'Knight' Moneo was previously a heavy infantry sergeant. Although placed under the care of Crusader Ariel, Moneo had experienced the Princess' word, and followed it just as he had followed the Executive Minister before her. Despite this shared belief and loyalty, as well as a lasting bond of friendship forged by rank and mutual respect, Ariel was sometimes at odds with Moneo's mannerisms. Despite his newfound belief in their Lady, Moneo was, and forever would be a Nodic militant. Ariel did not, and did not want to understand how chiseled and battered man operated at heart.
[i]
"The mediator between the head and hands must be the heart. If this does not attest to the Princess' word, nothing will..." [/i]she answered dismissively. She did not wish to give another lecture to the Knight while there was still a memorial to be had. Ignoring Moneo and the rest of the force she had brought from base camp, she motioned to the white-clad Sisters. The short memorial was about to begin.

[i]"I believe it is time, Sisters..."[/i] she motioned, and a number of the priestly women drew near to Ariel's kneeling suit. Members of the Monastic Order of Medicine dealt with tending to and repairing the physical - today they would aid in healing the spiritual. Indeed, under the Aeon, the Order was not seen as a simple necessity. It had become integral to the new found spiritual persona of the Aeon peoples.

[i]" Our enemy sought to move us. Yet we were found to be implacable. Yet such serenity is not borne without its costs....

The sacrifice of millions has left a trail of destruction, like a path across our nation...

...to this place... Addis Ababa... our home.

So much destruction... so many lives lost in this place. If only these lost souls could see our new home.... a place of wonder to those that only knew the cold, brutality that was Nod.

All symbols of the old dominion had been destroyed... but the conflict? It will never be forgotten. May the coronation to the south mark the beginning of a new time for us... Let this solemn ceremony mark the end of this one."[/i]

Ariel paused, turning to watch a pair of armored Acolytes stoop over a nondescript device between them. A breeze stirred from the blowing apparatus, picking up speed as it grew in strength. The fan was mercifully silent, yet powerful enough to send thousands of lotus petals soaring to the skies, inevitably dancing and intertwining with the ash clouds above the Scar.

[i]"May all the ascended beings, the bodhisattvas and saints and all those who have walked the surface of the earth in the light of eternal truth, come to the aid of our loved ones... May they find the eternal peace and happiness we will share with them when the bereaved and the lost meet in a reunion of finality and love...

Shantih, Shantih, Shantih....."
[/i][url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Metropolis"]
[/url][url="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Metropolis"]
[/url]
[/quote]It's a wall of Text!

Edited by Generalissimo

Most Controversial Player (IC): Most Controversial Player (IC): Triyun; who’s addmitadly gone out of his way to create controvercy – that’s controvercial!

Most Powerful Bloc: Military
Athens/UFE Alliance

Most Influential Nation of Asia: Kingdom of Cochin

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1326304087' post='2897437']
Err.. . you linked it?
So I might have made an incorect assumption – that doesn’t make you less funny.
Let's try another one from 2011. .Classy!
[/quote]
Oh god, I competely forgot about that! Definetly the best thing I've ever written on this site.

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1326573234' post='2899624']One more day to nominate players; there's still several categories with only 1 nomination and a few with none.[/quote]Agreed, let's fill categories!
I'm not sure if anyone wants me to go on another nomination binge - but we need more nominations.
I'll hold off until tonight.

[i]Best Wall of Text[/i] is usually the hardest category to fill.