CN Awards for 2011!

Unknown Smurf

[b]NOMINATIONS WILL CLOSE JAN. 5TH AT MIDNIGHT[/b] (CN time)

[b]Please use [s]this[/s][size="6"][color="#FF0000"]NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED[/color][/size] linked google doc form to submit your nominations for CN Awards, the categories are below for your reference![/b]

When submitting nominations to forum topics/posts just submit the link to the post as well as a sentence or two as to why they would be a good nomination. Thank you.

Rules to keep in mind once voting starts:
- One Entry per person -- Duplicate entries under the same name will result in verification from me via a PM. All unverified ballots will be considered void.
- You [b]MAY NOT[/b] vote for your alliance/self in categories once voting starts -- Keep that in mind when doing these nominations. You can, however, vote

[quote]Alliance of the Year
Most Powerful Alliance
Best Military
Best Rookie Alliance
Most Powerful Bloc
Best Flag
Most Active Alliance
Most Honorable Alliance
Best Diplomatic Team
Best Economic System
Best Recruiting Staff
Best Propaganda Staff
Scariest Alliance
Best Alliance Growth
Best War Flag
Best Forums
Alliance Most Likely to Succeed in 2012
Most Immoral Alliance
Most Controversial Alliance
Player of the Year
Most Powerful Player
Best Alliance Leader
Most Controversial Player
Best Player Sig
Best Player Avatar
Best Poster
Nicest Player
Funniest Player
Most Active Player
Player Most Likely to Achieve Greatness in 2012
Best New Addition to the Community
Most Hated Poster
Best Declaration of War (Alliance)
Best Declaration of War (in-game war screen)
Best Wall of Text
Best CN Meme
Best OWF Topic
Biggest Controversy
Funniest Event
Most Entertaining IRC Channel
Best Treaty Announcement
Worst Diplomatic Move
Best Player Quote
Best IRC Log
Largest E-Peen
Best Villain
Most Missed Player (Player that has gone inactive/quit)
Best WaterCooler Thread
[/quote]

[b]Common Questions:[/b]

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1325477376' post='2890383']
Are we including mergers as part of rookie alliances?
[/quote]

Yes, if not I believe Denios is a shoe in and I figure it'll be fun to see them up against TLR/NG.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325477421' post='2890384']
Can you nominate yourself or your own alliance. (not planning on it, just wondering)
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='Smontag' timestamp='1325477421' post='2890384']
Will my vote/nomination be connected to my name?
[/quote]

No. The beauty is that it's completely anonymous (except for what I can see -- but thats just to stop multi-votes).

[quote name='SeasonsOfLove' timestamp='1325477421' post='2890384']For the "Most Missed Player (Player that has gone inactive/quit)" category; does the player have to be completely inactive?[/quote]

Not at all! Players that have seriously cut back on their activity are encouraged to be nominated for this category.

[b]Feel free to post your nominations here if you also don't care about privacy but be sure to post on the page linked in the OP if you want it to be added.[/b]

Edited by Unknown Smurf
ModEdit: there is no best forum moderator. We are all thoroughly corrupt and evil.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1325477376' post='2890383']
Are we including mergers as part of rookie alliances?
[/quote]

Yes, if not I believe Denios is a shoe in and I figure it'll be fun to see them up against TLR/NG.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1325477421' post='2890384']
Can you nominate yourself or your own alliance. (not planning on it, just wondering)
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1325480287' post='2890413']
Considering they were formed by one alliance that split into two different AAs.... no, not really. :P
[/quote]

I believe Wombat Disciple is their applicant AA.. they merged with a very small AA and have a rigorous academy I thought.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1325480303' post='2890414']
I'd suggest putting in an explicit time when nominations will be closed- 72 hours seems reasonable to me- to avoid potential !@#$%*ing from people who miss out.
[/quote]

Good idea. Thanks.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1325480894' post='2890426']
I believe Wombat Disciple is their applicant AA.. they merged with a very small AA and have a rigorous academy I thought.
[/quote]
I was under the impression that they just decided to screw with us and keep two AAs for !@#$% and giggles.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1325483078' post='2890482']
May i suggest that you require a certain amount of nominations to be included on the poll?
[/quote]

Of course but I probably won't take that suggestion considering there's about 30 submissions so far and most of them skipped some questions and there's a lot of the same nominations already.

However I may take out the joke ones at my discretion (like people who put the same answer for everything even when the question didn't ask for an alliance/person <_< ). IF I do that I'll probably start a thread for the joke submissions though as a lot of these are really funny :awesome:

Edited by Unknown Smurf

Is there any question of Vladimir Stukov being player of the year? Love him or hate him, his taking on an entire tiered alliance since Summer is epic :lol1:

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1325477254' post='2890378']
- You [b]MAY NOT[/b] vote for your alliance/self in categories once voting starts -- Keep that in mind when doing these nominations. You can, however, vote
[/quote]

Have fun enforcing that.

Most Controversial Alliance: Non Grata
Best Declaration of War (Alliance): Kaskus on NG.
Worst Diplomatic Move: RIA MDP with NpO
Best IRC Log:[08:41:21] <Pinky> Baaa means take me you handsome welshman