The dawn of the Iron Age

Aeros

Oh, I am arguing the possibility exists that history won't repeat itself. Yeah, I know you do since you were there, but most people buy into whatever PR lines are out there.

Edited by Roquentin

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1325487824' post='2890561']
IRON is and (almost) always has been nothing but a pawn for the more clever politicians. It takes a lot more than big numbers to be a dominant power, and IRON has seldom had anything you could call charismatic or visionary leadership.
[/quote]
I was going to say this more politely.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1325488213' post='2890564']
I was going to say this more politely.
[/quote]
I think it impolite to insult my audience's intelligence with vain attempts to whitewash uncomfortable truths. Then again you have a more vested interest in playing nice than I do.

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1325488755' post='2890571']
I think it impolite to insult my audience's intelligence with vain attempts to whitewash uncomfortable truths. Then again you have a more vested interest in playing nice than I do.
[/quote]

Keep in mind that the audience consists of the same people who buy into Brehon. The guy literally expected me to believe NPO wouldn't have defended TPF if they got involved. This was at the same time I was hearing the opposite from other imperial officers.

Such people won't take the truth into account either way, so does it really matter how it's dressed? As a general rule I assume people reading my posts aren't stupid, because it's only the smart ones that actually take my opinions into account.

Edited by Doitzel

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325477111' post='2890373']
No one on the other side of the web can touch MK because of them (and other toady meatshield alliances like TOP). It's the exact same role they served in tC for NPO.
[/quote]
TOP: soaking up NpO's nukes so MK don't have to.

How MK managed to convince TOP to do this, I do not know.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325546556' post='2890973']
The funny thing about that is, Ardus even said he doesn't hate NpO because they did a lot for them, so Krack's statement was always off.
[/quote]

While it may be true that Ardus doesn't hate NpO, I would say that that what the whole of MK's members have said, and their actions, say that they do have a pretty strong disliking of NpO.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1325546701' post='2890975']
While it may be true that Ardus doesn't hate NpO, I would say that that what the whole of MK's members have said, and their actions, say that they do have a pretty strong disliking of NpO.
[/quote]

I think that has more to do with Random being Emperor more than anything.

Well this makes me smile I must say.

I see IRON more of a bodyguard then the alliance with power, as we all know the most powerful men in the world are not the strongest, the hardest sometimes not even the smartest, the most powerful alliance will be those others are willing to put themselves in harms way to protect.

I have to ask how many of IRON's so called allies would be willing to support IRON, if IRON found themselves on the losing end of a war such as when IRON, TOP & Co attacked C&G ?

their is only one true friendship left in this game and that's STA and NpO, everyone else follow the strong no matter the outcome of their friends, (Point been NPO who got slapped about by MK then coming to MK's aid in order to try and save themselves no matter the cost)

[/quote]
We've largely moved on to hating other alliances :v:

The number of "Roll NpO" posts within MK have been basically non-existent for over 6 months. That doesn't mean we don't sit back and smile when TOP and IRON hit them, however.

While I understand IRON is the No. 1 NS ranking non-neutral alliance, I think Doitzel pretty much summed up their role.

Make no mistake, the Doomhouse bloc rule this new political era. No major wars happen without their say-so. They are the dominant political force and the largest grouping of top-tier nations.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325546556' post='2890973']
The funny thing about that is, Ardus even said he doesn't hate NpO because they did a lot for them, so Krack's statement was always off.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325546734' post='2890976']
I think that has more to do with Random being Emperor more than anything.
[/quote]

Ardus wanted XX destroyed. He can't do it by himself because MK (and it's vassal, GOONS) simply doesn't have the firepower. If he went to alliances like TOP and IRON and the other assorted meatshields and said "Hey, I want you to go kill XX for me" they would have told him to go screw. They'll take orders all day long, but they at least want to feel like they are making decisions for themselves.

So what does MK have to do? Simple. They have to arrange for the meatshields the wars they want (NpO for Duckroll, SFs for Mjolnir, etc) while making sure that XX falls in the process. Because if they gave the meatshields the wars they wanted ... and then said "Okay, now we'd like to destroy XX" ... many of the meatshields would have said "good luck with that" and refused to help (or more likely remained non-committal and stalled forever) - they never would have been able to sell to their general memberships (who still pretend/believe that they aren't meatshields) that set of wars without causing internal issues.

Everybody knows this. I don't know why you are pretending otherwise.

As for the portion quoted above, you've done the exact same thing I criticised you for in my previous post:

[color="#FF0000"]KRACK:[/color] Ardus manufactured this whole set of wars.

[color="#0000FF"]ROQUENTIN:[/color] You realize Ardus has said he likes NpO right?

[color="#FF8C00"]SUPERCOOLYELLOW:[/color] MK's membership hates them.

[color="#0000FF"]ROQUENTIN:[/color] Oh yeah, of course, their membership hates Polar.

The point is, [u]it doesn't matter[/u] who he likes or doesn't like - he obviously didn't love them enough to avoid using their destruction to get TOP involved in implementing his foreign policy for him. Your comment didn't (in any way) address the substance of my post; i'm beginning to believe you are being intentionally obtuse. I don't know why, though - all your "friends" seem to hate you now. You're not going to use a Bob Janova routine for the next year to try and win them back, are you?.

I'm not pretending. I'm just saying the intense vitriol isn't there even if the grudge of others is being used as a political tool. It is a mutual decision.

No, I just try to be as charitable as possible. The rubicon has been crossed in terms of what you're talking about.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325551400' post='2891038']
I'm not pretending. I'm just saying the intense vitriol isn't there even if the grudge of others is being used as a political tool. It is a mutual decision.

No, I just try to be as charitable as possible. The rubicon has been crossed in terms of what you're talking about.
[/quote]

Of course there's no vitriol. Ardus has said (publicly) that he's just trying to see how much BS he can get away with before everyone catches on and rolls Doomhouse because of it. He's just trying to stir up grief for people; I don't for a second think he cares who he does it to or why, as long as XX falls too.* My guess is he's in a perpetual state of laughing at everyone else, including yourself. [i]Vitriol[/i] is probably the farthest thing from his mind.

[size="1"]*XX had to go because they were the only powerful (in reputation only) bloc that wouldn't take orders.[/size]

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325552051' post='2891049']
Of course there's no vitriol. Ardus has said (publicly) that he's just trying to see how much BS he can get away with before everyone catches on and rolls Doomhouse because of it. He's just trying to stir up grief for people; I don't for a second think he cares who he does it to or why, as long as XX falls too.* My guess is he's in a perpetual state of laughing at everyone else, including yourself. [i]Vitriol[/i] is probably the farthest thing from his mind.

[size="1"]*XX had to go because they were the only powerful (in reputation only) bloc that wouldn't take orders.[/size]
[/quote]

A few things to note here: 1. Ardus isn't in charge of anything and hasn't been for a while; 2. Outside of FARK who basically play with themselves in their corner, no one in XX is known for being shakers and movers. Or having an independant thought for that matter.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1325552549' post='2891055']
A few things to note here: 1. Ardus isn't in charge of anything and hasn't been for a while; 2. Outside of FARK who basically play with themselves in their corner, no one in XX is known for being shakers and movers. Or having an independant thought for that matter.
[/quote]

... and that contradicts none of what I said. But it's now been [i]noted[/i].

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1325552793' post='2891062']
... and that contradicts none of what I said. But it's now been [i]noted[/i].
[/quote]

I didn't necessarly want to contradict you. Unless you count Ardus not being in charge of anything and the fact no one in XX have any kind of will heading butts with your idea that MK is a puppeteer who wanted to roll XX for being independant.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1325553063' post='2891068']
I didn't necessarly want to contradict you. Unless you count Ardus not being in charge of anything and the fact no one in XX have any kind of will heading butts with your idea that MK is a puppeteer who wanted to roll XX for being independant.
[/quote]

You can chose to believe whatever you want to believe, but if you think Ardus (with the help of Roquentin and others in Doomhouse) didn't set this up over the past year, then you simply do not know what you're talking about.