Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1325352562' post='2889599']
Yes. Those 47 nukes, and their 3 nations above 20k NS, have us all quite worried.

*edit: dyslexic typo
[/quote]

they should totally have you worried. :lol1:

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1325362729' post='2889675']
[quote name='dvdcchn' timestamp='1325362011' post='2889667']
when you have to call yet another alliance in, it shows
[/quote]

You're smarter than this.
[/quote]

I think it has less to do with intelligence (unless he genuinely believes that) and more to do with the fact that his perspective is apparently dictated solely by what side of the war he's on. But you're right, WC.

[quote name='ControlVolume' timestamp='1325363676' post='2889681']
No you see if you enter a war it's because the other alliance is SUPER POWERFUL and stuff.
[/quote]

Indeed. Certainly has nothing to do with ensuring complete coverage of targets with what resources have opened up as fronts have closed.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1325366024' post='2889693']

Indeed. Certainly has nothing to do with ensuring complete coverage of targets with what resources have opened up as fronts have closed.
[/quote]

Stop using logic, you're going to hurt somebody.

It's funny, the majority of complaints are coming from people [i]not [/i]in NPL.

[quote name='dvdcchn' timestamp='1325362011' post='2889667']
when you have to call yet another alliance in, it shows
[/quote]
Wait, if it takes more than 14 alliances to defeat GOONs, and GOONs needs help fighting NPL, this must mean NPL is the most powerful alliance in the entire universe.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisO_OL6.jpg[/img]

Wait, so let me get this straight.

GOONS almost single-handedly drops NPL 2/3rds of their total size and leaves them a shell of their former selves while taking minimal damage. Then Europa joins in and people jump straight to the "GOONS needs help" argument. Unreal.

GOONS + Mushroom Kingdom + Umbrella + Alchemy + Europa vs NPL

Clearly that little 5 man alliance we started a little over 6 months ago has grown up. I'm so proud. :blush:

Dispite my personal dislike for the kind of mentality that kicks a man when he is already down I'd like to wish you all a good fight. See you on the flip side.

o/ NUKES!!!

[size="3"]O/ NUKES[/size]

[quote]It's funny, the majority of complaints are coming from people not in NPL. [/quote]

Thats probably because the people that are [i][b]actually in[/b][/i] NPL are having too much fun to complain right now, after all they named their alliance after Nukes im fairly sure this is Christmas for them in more ways then one.

Edited by Systemfailure

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1325383478' post='2889798']
[size="3"]O/ NUKES[/size]

Thats probably because the people that are [i][b]actually in[/b][/i] NPL are having too much fun to complain right now, after all they named their alliance after Nukes im fairly sure this is Christmas for them in more ways then one.
[/quote]

Exactly. Can't we all just have some fun and do some battle?

[quote name='MikeCrotch' timestamp='1325340142' post='2889543']
GOONS has a grudge with NPL, a lot of people are sick of their whining, and GOONS have friends. Sometimes war is just a popularity contest.
[/quote] Would that be the NPL trying to help provide harbor for some unaligned noobs from GOON tech raids? I hear 33 million in reps still didn't quell the beast that is GOONS. Sad really. You did hit it the nail on the head about it being a popularity contest.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1325377597' post='2889765']
It's funny, the majority of complaints are coming from people [i]not [/i]in NPL.
[/quote]I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. No j/k.
I just hate to see some of my old friends get the raw end of the treaty web and I'm shaking my cane at not just GOONS but the rest of DH too.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1325379175' post='2889773']
Wait, if it takes more than 14 alliances to defeat GOONs, and GOONs needs help fighting NPL, this must mean NPL is the most powerful alliance in the entire universe.
[/quote]This seems to be the consensus :P

All in all, I think NPL will be alright. If they can just maintain their membership they will only become stronger and wiser. (that's if DH [i]let's[/i] them, right?) They seem to have the right attitude in the face of utter bs. It seems to me the grudge wars could be just creating more grudges. Maybe everyone will be doing this again in December 2012. Who knows :nuke:

Oh and Happy New Year CN!

*edit* Who am I kidding, of course everyone will be doing this again in 2012! :awesome:

Edited by Jeb the Wise

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1325380784' post='2889782']
GOONS + Mushroom Kingdom + Umbrella + Alchemy + Europa vs NPL

Clearly that little 5 man alliance we started a little over 6 months ago has grown up. I'm so proud. :blush:

Dispite my personal dislike for the kind of mentality that kicks a man when he is already down I'd like to wish you all a good fight. See you on the flip side.

o/ NUKES!!!
[/quote]
Keep fighting the good fight King Wally.

o/NPL
o/AOD

[quote name='Vukland' timestamp='1325390165' post='2889838']
Keep fighting the good fight King Wally.

o/NPL
o/AOD
[/quote]

Thanks buddy, you always were one fine !@#$%^&. Was a pleasure fighting against and eventually beside you in that other blood filled realm.

Hope your shreding some pixels over there as we speak

o/ Catharsis!

[quote name='Jeb the Wise' timestamp='1325389728' post='2889835']
Would that be the NPL trying to help provide harbor for some unaligned noobs from GOON tech raids? I hear 33 million in reps still didn't quell the beast that is GOONS. Sad really. You did hit it the nail on the head about it being a popularity contest.[/quote]
You make it sound so innocent. Aiding and recruiting nations people who are at war is a bad idea no matter how you slice it. NPL can recruit all the unaligned nations they want. But unless you want it to result in war, I'd stay out of other people's business. How long do you think GOONs could go recruiting nations that other alliances are fighting?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L3.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1325391115' post='2889850']
You make it sound so innocent. Aiding and recruiting nations people who are at war is a bad idea no matter how you slice it. NPL can recruit all the unaligned nations they want. But unless you want it to result in war, I'd stay out of other people's business. How long do you think GOONs could go recruiting nations that other alliances are fighting?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L3.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

We spoke about this with you guys in private and admited the mistake, you faced us with War or Reps and we paid your reps and stayed away from you. We still want to stay away from you and get on with our business but this continueing to dog pile us over something I thought we all moved on over is not surprisingly starting to generate a few comments. I think the real issue here is when has the pound of flesh been taken? We are up to a coalition well over 30 times our size now against us and you would be lucky to find a single spare war slot on any of us. Price paid yet?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1325391115' post='2889850']
[/quote]

When recruiting nones you come across some in raids by shear accident when mass PMing. I don't think think it's wrong to try to negotiate peace for a potential recruit so long as your not a jerk about it. Now I don't know the details about how things went down and who ruffled who's feather's but from what I personally know of King Wally, things would have been handled with tact. Then again, GOONS aren't particular known for there kindness and mercy toward nones. Any AA that's willing to help these poor nones who find their war slots filled with GOONS with the kind of "friends" GOONS has takes moxie. You guys can't fault them for that, no matter how entitled to raiding nones you may be.

Your question made me wonder though, does GOONS recruit Nones or just raid them? Maybe raid and recruit them at the same time? :P