La Compagnie du Commerce et des Colonies Vicidaliénnes

Evangeline Anovilis

[center][font="Bookman Old Style"][size="7"]La Compagnie du Commerce et des Colonies Vicidaliénnes[/size]

[size="3"]Vicidalian Trading and Colonial Company[/size][/font]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/NP4oO.jpg[/img]
[i]Former Headquarters of the Company in Charlottenbourg[/i][/center]

Founded as the Compagnie du Commerce et des Colonies Vicidaliénnes (CCCV), she was the organisation in charge of all economic and colonial assets belonging to Vicidalia. Under the control of the associated Ministry, and with the Minister as Directeur general, it was a state owned-business with trade connections to many countries, even the Far East. The CCCV also handled colonial management and the shipping routes to supply the colonists as well as to bring ressources back to the Grand Principality.

The Compagnie became an independent organisation operated by its sole owner, Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun, former Minister of Foreign, Commercial and Colonial Affairs after the fall of the Grand Principality and was nationalised afterwards by the state of Nouvelle-Vicidalia.

[b]Propriétaire:[/b] La Nouvelle-Vicidalia
[b]Directeur general:[/b] Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun
[b]Secretaire:[/b] Georgette Lemare
[b]Trésorier:[/b] Sebastian de St. Ibouquis

Number of merchant vessels (tonnage): 48 (478,000 metric tons d.w./397,000 metric tons n.r.t.)
Trade posts:

[list]
[*][s]Charlottenbourg, Vicidalian Autonomous Region, Lunar Republic[/s]
[*]Panaji, India (rented from Tianxia)
[*]Sonderwirtschaftszone Neustettin, Grand Papua (in cooperation with Neukarlsland, Grand Papua)
[*]Gothenberg, Sweden
[*][s]Santos, Lunar protectorate[/s]
[*]Hengsha, Yoitsu
[*]Bosaso, Legion
[*]Biloxi, Nouvelle-Vicidalia
[/list]

Subsidiaries:

[list]
[*]Juutilainen-Lenartz Aviation
[list]
[*]Juutilainen Aviatik
[*]Juuticopter
[*]Lennartz Raketentechnik[/list]
[*]Chantiers Navales Vicidaliénnes
[*]Arsenal d'Andrássy
[*]Arsenal de Châteaudun
[*]Vicitreot Automobiles
[*]Vicitronique
[*]Neukarlsländer Neuguineakompanie
[*]Compagnie de Commerce de Yoitsu
[/list]

Goods traded:

[list]
[*][s]Coffee[/s]
[*]Iron/Steel
[*]Oil
[*][s]Petrol[/s]
[*]Gold
[*]Jewelry
[*]Tea
[*]Pepper
[*]Silk
[*]Sugar
[*]Rum
[*]Tobacco
[*][s]Weaponry (look below[/s])
[*]Cotton
[*]Maize
[*]Wheat
[*]Rice
[/list]

Offered Weapon systems:

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107637&view=findpost&p=2913768"]Rifles[/url]:

[list]
[*]Berthier rifle
[*]Vic-1
[*]Vic-1K
[*]Vic-2
[*]Vic-2K
[*]Vic-I
[*]Vic-ID
[*]Vic-II
[*]Vic-1M
[/list]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107637&view=findpost&p=2889613"]Artillery[/url]:

[list]
[*]AdA 155 mm CAM Cordilleres
[*]AdA ARAM Grêle
[*]AdA ARAM Tempeste
[*]AdA 100mm canone AAC
[*]AdA Obusier de 155 mm Modèle 50
[*]AdA Canone de 105 mle 1936 Schneider
[/list]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=107637&view=findpost&p=2881321"]Aircraft[/url]:

[list]
[*]Ju-10 Rafale
[*]Ju-40A
[*]Ju-78
[/list]

Ammunition:

[list]
[*]7x57mm
[*]8x57mm
[*]8x50mmR Lebel
[*]Artillery ammunition of various calibers
[/list]

Ships can be ordered at the Chantiers Navales Vicidaliénnes.

[b]OOC:[/b] First post for description, rest of the topic for RP. To negotiate, just reply with a letter here. We buy and sell. Weapons that are offered are disclassified, thogh not to the point that the way of construction is known. Weapon systems not offered remain classified to varying degrees.

Edited by Evangeline Anovilis

TO: Vicidalian Trading and Colonial Company
FROM: Grand Papuan Ministry of Trade, Commerce, and Industry

Under the Authority given by Vice-Chancellor Retia Adolf, I would like to start discussions on a proposal concerning an establishment of a Vicidalian Economic Zone in the Bismarck Archipelago. Should the Company be interested, please send a reply.

- Charles Abel, Minister of Trade, Commerce, and Industry

[quote][b]To: Charles Abel

Dear Mr. Abel,

As it is our interest to be able to always expand our boundaries and to extent our trade to even the islands the furthest away of our Homeland, our company of course takes interest in such an opportunity. May I ask for a meeting to discuss this issue with you personally, given the nature of the agreement? I'd be able to reach Grand Papua by tomorrow, should a reply be here soon enough, agreeing to it. It would also be a personal joy to visit this corner of this planet, given that until now, I sadly have never visited it before.

With regards and friendly greetings,

[i]Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun[/i]
[b]Ministre des Affairs Étrangeres, Commerciales et Coloniales
Directeur general de la CCCV[/b][/quote]

To: Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun

Dear Ms de Nouvelle-Châteaudun

Thank you for the prompt reply. Please come to Herbertshöhe (former Kokopo) on the island of Neupommern (former New Britain). The newly renovated Simpsonhafen (former Rabaul) Airport should be able to accept any aircraft which might being you to Grand Papua.

Sincerely,

Charles Abel, Minister of Trade, Commerce, and Industry

[quote][b]To: Charles Abel

Pas de probleme, the early bird catches the worm and as diplomat and General director, I should know better than to let my partners wait. My flight will start this evening and land in the morning at Herbertshöhe. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,

[b]Ministre des Affairs Étrangeres, Commerciales et Coloniales
Directeur general de la CCCV[/b][/quote]

And just as she had handed the letter to the Compagnie Telegraph and Communications Center, Charlotte went up to her bureau, packed the necessary documents, prepared a little package and left for the flight.

[b]Herbertshöhe, Grand Papua[/b]

The Ju-02 machine, after having done a minor island hopping campaign, finally arrived at Grand Papua. Spotting the Island known as Neupommern, the pilot messaged the tower and after being told that the runway was free to land, the plane began its landing, which, as usual with Ju-02's looked rather hard, but could be much worse.

It was quite a strange route they had taken, flying over Avalon, as the Tianxia lands had no flights to Grand Papua and vice versa, but Charlotte had arrived savely and in time. And that was all that mattered for the moment. However, she already had made an order at Juutilainen Aviatik for a better passenger plane. The pilot handed Charlotte her suitcase and package and the blonde diplomat descended from the stairway to the ground, stepping for her first time on Grand Papuan soil.

What Charlotte would first notice is the large Neukarlsland Flag flying next to the national flag. Neupommern was at the heart of the "Kingdom", which was still not fully established in terms of the mainland, due to the overlapping jurisdiction with Dokutz. It was very annoying on part of Ministerpräsident Adolph von Hansemann, especially when it seemed that the Kingdom might lose all of Kaiser-Wilhelmsland to those populists, but what could he do with the population ratio against Neukarlsland?

That was why he thought of expanding the economy of the Kingdom through trade. Only through expanding Neukarlsland could the Kingdom have at least a fair chance against the larger Dokutz, and hence he did a bit of political bargaining, eventually gaining permission from the Vice-Chancellor herself to open an Economic Zone. With the sanction given, he looked towards the neighboring countries which might provide a fit..... and came upon Vicidalia. The monarchist state was somewhat of a fit with the Kingdom, and a bit of discussion might being about a trade agreement which would give great allowances. At least this was what was hoped.

The minister would find a few honor guards and a limousine, which would take her to Herbertshöhe House, the residence of the Ministerpräsident.

[center][img]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9751/herbertshhehouse.jpg[/img][/center]

Abel met Charlotte at the entrance, where he opened the door of the limo personally and helped the lady out. "Welcome to Grand Papua, my lady. I hope your flight had been calm and pleasant." With a dignified greeting, he led Charlotte to the main meeting room of the house, where a servant seemed to appear out of thin air and asked what kind of refreshments she would like.

"Oh, it certainly was a pleasant flight." Charlotte, altough noble, didn't wear robes often. She preferred the much more flexible suits for men and she was known in Vicidalia to have cooped with many situations before. Altough her craziest trip by far was the voyage on the Kazakh hay waggon. In comparison to that waggon, the flight was like being carried by angels. As she encountered the servant, the diplomat just ordered a simple glass of water, which would be enough for her. With quite some astonishment, Charlotte looked at all the objects around the Villa.It had indeed have to belong to some great person, she thought. "With whom will I have the honour to negotiate, if I may ask?"

"Formally, I am the one who would be in charge of the discussions. However, because the economy is mainly a state matter, Minister President Adolph von Hansemann of Neukarlsland shall do must of the negoitating. My role shall be giving the federal authorization to any deal that comes about." A soft cool breeze blew through the room from the open walls.

"This house is the pet project of the Minister President, trying to prove that luxury, eco-minded amenities and off-grid living could co-exist. Peering over the top of the forest, the open structure creates a luxurious treehouse-like escape deep within the island's volcanic region. THe house contains no windows, allowing for natural circulation to pass through the barrier-free house and the walls encourage wind movement and cross ventilation through geometric shapes and patterns that are inspired by the flow of volcanic lava. Basically, natural air conditioning for a tropical weather.

Two water storage tanks, connected to the roof, collects water to be used for drinking water and for use in the kitchen and toilets. Without a grid to source electricity, solar water heaters are used to heat water, and low-wattage LEDs used throughout the house for light. The stunning regional beauty and tropical climate were both taken into consideration in the design and layout of this structure; and the house also utilizes materials that are indigenous to the area.

Basically, this is the pinnacle of what the Minister President has in mind for the region: the frontier of environmentally safe economic development, making the most out of local sources. Most likely the Minister President will be discussing such issues."

As Abel finished, an old man with a bushy white beard, like those from the turn of the 20th century, came from below.

"May I give pleasure to welcoming the esteemed Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun?"

Charlotte was astonished. An ecologically friendly house. Back at home, the best Vicidalia had done for its ecology was serfdom, as it prevented most people from using anything producing large quantities of CO[sub]2[/sub], out of poverty. But these were two entirely different concepts. Not to forget that serfdom also was abolished now.

"I'm honoured myself to be able to meet you." With a slight bow-like nod, the Diplomat greeted the senior. "I guess you are Monsieur von Hansemann. I'm Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun, Directeur generale of the CCCV. I heard you were interested in working with us."

Von Hansemann took his time sitting down, his advanced age dictating he take precautions.

"Thank you for coming all this way, Mademoiselle de Nouvelle-Châteaudun. I am certain that this meeting will be a fruitful one for our respective countries.

Looking over the products that CCCV has to offer, it seems the only exports that at least Neukarlsland might be able to do would be cocoa, copra, rubber, palm oil, crayfish, prawns, vanilla, and tuna. Aside from this products, we would be able to help Vicidalia import some of the higher technologies that other parts of Grand Papua has to offer, like the high-quality special steel industry which would be necessary for the development of precision tools. However, there is something which might be worth more to CCCV.

Neukarlsland would like to offer CCCV an economic zone in the city of Neustettin, formerly known as Kimbe, and the surrounding areas. With Grand Papua's membership in the Oceanic Union, we have access to tariff and tax-free trade with other member states. This means that with the establishment of the economic zone, Vicidalia will virtually be part of nearly all of the Oceanic economy should it be able to make a similar agreement with Avalon. In addition, we can offer registration of ships with Grand Papua, ensuring that such tax does not apply to the shipments of CCCV.

Basically, we are offering you the door to the Oceanic Union, which we believe would be highly benefitial to Vicidalia"

Charlotte was almost overwhelmed by this opportunity for business, but altough she wanted to jump around and hug all those people out of happiness, she kept her composure and simply smiled.

"As Directeur generale, I would sign such a treaty with joy. These additions to our, at the moment still, narrow spectrum of wares we can offer can be a true boost to our economy, and we hope our wares can help Neukarlsland just as well. Altough I guess that, as a member of the Oceanic Union, you won't need many ressources, we still can invest into Neukarlsländer economic growth. And maybe, we find some goods across the globe we can also provide you with."

While speaking she took out her notebook and with a pencil she scribbled down a few memos, like to contact Avalon later on.

"If Neukarlsland needs anything else from the Compagnie, just contact me and we will surely find a solution. Else, I hope for both of us to have good relations and prosperity in the future."

"Even though we are part of the Oceanic Union, there are still much to improve on, such as our need for beef and wheat. Neukarlsland, and Grand Papua as a whole, will be needing the services of the Compagnie to feed out continuous growth.

Just a final thing I have in mind: Perhaps the Compagnie would be interested in establish a company with us to facilitate trade within Grand Papua? It would be 50% owned by Neukarlsland and 50% by the Compagnie, and it should help procure items which the Compagnie might have trouble obtaining. Your opinion?"

As the Minister President was saying this, Abel was putting the finishing touch to the contract/treaty for the economic zone. It specificially wrote that CCCV ships shall have non-restricted entry to Neustettin and the surrounding areas, and that employees of the Compagnie were allowed to travel in Neukarlsland without a visa. In addition, Neukarlsland would help issue business visas for the entry into the rest of Grand Papua, which would simplify the rather strict visa requirements of the federal government.

"Oh, that would be a most excellent proposal. I think we will both profit from such a company, especially as we think that the Compagnie may get a good access to wheat, rice and meat soon enough." She clapped her hands out of a slight euphoric moment, then she took out a little package she had prepared, handing it to Mr. von Hansemann. "Just a little token of our appreciation, and it really just increases as we speak." Prepared were abot one kilogramm of cocoa beans, as well as a little package of fine sugar from Vicidalia sugar plantations, however these products never had seen any herbicide or insecticide other than bugs themselves. "Tell me when finished, so I can sign one of the most wonderful treaties in my carrier."

Abel handed over the printouts of the documents just as Charlotte gave the gift to the Minister President. A kindly smile appeared on the old man's face. "I have not tried cocoa beans from South America, so this should be a treat. Thank you, Mademoiselle. I also have something for you." A box of the fines natural vanilla was brought by a servant. "Instead of the usual artificial version, this is true vanilla, suitable for a noble of your status, Mademoiselle. I hope you enjoy this." After signing his part of the documents, the papers were placed in front of Charlotte. "I'll notify you when Neukarlsländer Neuguinea-Kompanie is incorporated."

"Oh, what great vanilla. I hope I can find a good use for them, after all they should not go to waste for anything ordinary." Then she carefully put the box next to her and read through the treaty. "I suppose this is alright." Charlotte took out her pen and signed. "And just notify me, yep. We will then send our first investments to make the company flourish."

[b]To: Vicidalian Trading and Colonial Company[/b]
[b]From: Department of Monies and Merchants, Confederacy of Kuklos[/b]

The Department of Monies and Merchants, recently having taken control over the massive shale oil deposits in the northern territories of the Kuklos Confederacy, wishes to know if there is any Vicidalian interest in trade of Kuklos petroleum products.

Signed

Matthais von Oberheer,
Minister for Monies and Merchants

From: CEO of 'Newfoundland steel & medals company', Monsieur Robert Aldric Jacques
To: Vicidalian Trading and Colonial Company

Being a growing company, and as such our need to expand, we wish to know if there is any need for our steel products in your fine nation.

Signed,

Monsieur Robert Aldric Jacques - CEO

Edited by Shadow hawk

It was early in the morning. The National Post Office in Paris just had opened and not many had business there. However, this was a good time for the Directeur general to look at the mail she might have got. Before departure, her assistants all had been told to forward the mail to Paris, where a safe deposit box had been rented to store it until Charlotte found the time to look wether something had arrived or not.

[quote name='Sigurd Odinnson' timestamp='1325709220' post='2892543']
[b]To: Vicidalian Trading and Colonial Company[/b]
[b]From: Department of Monies and Merchants, Confederacy of Kuklos[/b]

The Department of Monies and Merchants, recently having taken control over the massive shale oil deposits in the northern territories of the Kuklos Confederacy, wishes to know if there is any Vicidalian interest in trade of Kuklos petroleum products.

Signed

Matthais von Oberheer,
Minister for Monies and Merchants
[/quote]
[b]To: Department of Monies and Merchants, Confederacy of Kuklos
From: Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun, Directeur-general de la CCCV
[/b]
Monsieurs, Madames of the Department of Monies and Merchants,

The Compagnie has interest in all sorts of trade. Your oil deposits are warmly welcomed on this global market and we would like to help the Confederacy in the extraction, refining and selling of the oil. If this is fine with you, I would like to sign an agreement, so the Compagnie can trade with your people without worries, altough, sadly, at the moment, I am unable to visit the Confederacy personally.

With regards,

[quote name='Shadow hawk' timestamp='1325710488' post='2892570']
From: CEO of 'Newfoundland steel & medals company', Monsieur Robert Aldric Jacques

Being a growing company, and as such our need to expand, we wish to know if there is any need for our steel products in your fine nation.

Signed,

Monsieur Robert Aldric Jacques - CEO
[/quote]
[b]To: CEO of 'Newfoundland steel & medals company', Monsieur Robert Aldric Jacques
From: Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun, Directeur-general de la CCCV[/b]

Sadly, the CCCV -renaming pending- is no national company anymore. We would, however, be happy to trade your steel on the world market and maybe you will also find a need for the various wares in our warehouses.

With regards,

With these matters taken care of for now, Charlotte paid the stamps and left the Office.

Edited by Evangeline Anovilis

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1325757622' post='2893253']
It was early in the morning. The National Post Office in Paris just had opened and not many had business there. However, this was a good time for the Directeur general to look at the mail she might have got. Before departure, her assistants all had been told to forward the mail to Paris, where a safe deposit box had been rented to store it until Charlotte found the time to look wether something had arrived or not.

[b]To: Department of Monies and Merchants, Confederacy of Kuklos
From: Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun, Directeur-general de la CCCV
[/b]
Monsieurs, Madames of the Department of Monies and Merchants,

The Compagnie has interest in all sorts of trade. Your oil deposits are warmly welcomed on this global market and we would like to help the Confederacy in the extraction, refining and selling of the oil. If this is fine with you, I would like to sign an agreement, so the Compagnie can trade with your people without worries, altough, sadly, at the moment, I am unable to visit the Confederacy personally.

With regards,
[/quote]

To: Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun

Madame,

We are overjoyed at your response to our petition. We will be very interested in signing an agreement with your company, and invite you to send a representative to open a branch of the Compagnie in the Confederation. We are sure that our population can supply able and dedicated employees and it will put your organisation in a superior position to work closely with the refining industry in the Confederation. We can send some delegates to your present company headquarters to sign an agreement at your earliest convenience.

With Warm Regards,

Matthais von Oberheer
Magister of Monies and Merchants
Confederation of the Kuklos

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1325757622' post='2893253']

[b]To: CEO of 'Newfoundland steel & medals company', Monsieur Robert Aldric Jacques
From: Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun, Directeur-general de la CCCV[/b]

Sadly, the CCCV -renaming pending- is no national company anymore. We would, however, be happy to trade your steel on the world market and maybe you will also find a need for the various wares in our warehouses.

With regards,
[i]Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun[/i][/quote]

[quote]

Tho you may not be a national company any-more, it would still be nice to trade with you. If you would like, we could give you discounted prices for our products for any iron you may happen to have. Such a agreement I feel would work out nicely for us all. [/quote]

Edited by Shadow hawk

• 4 weeks later...

[quote]

[b]To: La Compagnie du Commerce et des Colonies Vicidaliénnes
From: Tanzania Federation Military Quartermaster Command[/b]

We are inquiring about purchasing Sixty Ju-78 Bombers for the Tanzania Peoples Air Force. We are willing to pay any price.

Regards,
General Faith Kalingaj
Commander, Tanzania Military Quartermaster Command
[/quote]

[quote][b]To: Tanzania Federation Military Quartermaster Command
From: La Compagnie du Commerce et des Colonies Vicidaliénnes[/b]

Regarding your demand for such aircraft, we would sell 60 of them, for 250,000 Louise d'Or each, amounting to a total of 15,000,000 Louise d'Or for them all together. The planes come with manuals, a dozen trainers and one full load of bombs, altough no nuclear weapons.

Would that be alright?

[i]Georgette Lemare[/i]
[b]Secretary of the Compagnie[/b][/quote]

[b]OOC:[/b] 1 LdO=100 Euro

[quote]

To: La Compagnie du Commerce et des Colonies Vicidaliénnes

We will gladly pay 15,000,000 Louise d'Or for them all together. The Correct Funds have been sent with this message.

Regards,
General Faith Kalingaj
Commander, Tanzania Military Quartermaster Command
[/quote]