Change in Leadership

Joel James

"Oh gosh" says King Joel James collapsing onto a couch.His skin is brown, but it felt even browner considering all the crap that he had taken today. He thinks back to the events of today and reflects "My citizens may like me, but foreign powers obviously do not." He goes through all his possible options, and settles on the last, unlikable but logical, idea. He will pick a new king to replace him.

He checked his staff of South Americans he hired to help run his kingdom. His eyes rested on the last man in line. He calls out "Steven Gonzales, will you please step forward?" The man was tall and looked as if he hadn't shaved his beard in two weeks. He had a hard look in his eyes, as if he was determined to crush all emotion so none would escape. He looked tough, but King Joel James knew he was a kind man. He saw him give his dinner to a homeless person last week even though he had not eaten since two nights before. A powerful and kind man, to run a powerful and kind country. Steven replied "What can I do for you sir?" Joel James, trying to meet his gaze said "I have chosen you to be my successor as the King of The Solar Kingdom. It is time to put South American power back into South American hands." Steven was shocked. It could be seen in his eyes, which was surprising since he could hide his emotions so well. He said "As you wish sir, but at least let us talk about the future of the country and the future of you"

The two mean sat down and started talking together. After hours of negotiations, both men were exhausted, and need a meal. this is what they had managed to come up with:
1. The kingdom shall remain a kingdom and keep the name of The Solar Kingdom
2. All treaties and trade agreements shall stand, and cannot be cancelled for at least 6 months
3. The soldiers from Gallifrey will remain in the city of Santiago until the treaty becomes void or Gallifrey pulls out.
4. The former King Joel James and the Indians that came with him will be able to live on a bit of land in the southern part of the nation
5. The new King Steven Gonzales will take on the new name of King Simon Boilvar.

When the two men had finished their meal, Steven Gonzales asked King Joel James "When does the transfer of power take place?" Joel James quietly takes of the crown, places it on Steven Gonzales's head, and quietly leaves the palace. King Simon Bolivar stares in disbelief where the former king had exited, but recovered quickly. He had no time to gape. He had a country to run.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1325208492' post='2888856']
Gallifrey recognizes this new government and hopes we can have the same relations we have had in the past.

OOC:really just leave it...
[/quote]

"We've found your nation to be a rather unstable one through your choice of treaty partners. Your citizens shall be placed on a terrorist watch-list and detained upon entry into our sphere of influence."

-Suvah

OOC: I am still using the same account on the forums, so draw up some conclusions based on that. Also, if you check our news thread, you will see that I do have elected officals and judges.

Edited by Joel James

Vicidalia congratulates the new 'King' and kindly reminds Gallifrey that the short time West India lasted doesn't make it a stable country. However the Cambodians were disapproving of your unstable choice of treaties, not what people you sign it with. Here Vicidalia agrees with Cambodia, and altough we will not detain Gallifreyan people, considering USAN, we still recognise Cambodias right to do so.

"The Confederacy of Democratic Indian States recognizes the new ruler of The Solar Kingdom as the ruler, but is pressing for some democratic reforms in the Solar Kingdom. We do not, however, approve of Suvah's choice to put all the citizens of DROG on the terror watchlist."

-President Helmuth Kline, Confederacy of Democratic Indian States

King Simon Bolivar is grateful for the acknowledgement of the kingdom and the condemnation if DROG citizens being put on the terror watch list. King Simon Bolivar assures that the democratic reforms are being worked on. For now, the King is working on a constitution that has to me approved by at lease 60% of the population before being made law.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1325213039' post='2888901']
You tell me...we have an open border policy. Do you know who comes into your own country?
[/quote]

"I guess that would be a yes."

New Cambodian Police officers swing into action and quickly arrest 300 DROG terrorist suspects and place them in confinement pending deportation.

[b]International Announcement[/b]

"The New Cambodian Police have arrested and will be interrogating 300 terrorist suspects from DROG. Once we've finished our enthusiastic, and most likely inept interrogations, we will be deporting all those cleared. Those found guilty of crimes will be shot."

"I would like to know what crimes you will be shooting the citizens for. These are most likely innocent and scared people. Would you shoot someone for petty theft or possession of stolen property? Or are you only shooting terrorists, without trial and without evidence other than your interrogator's gut?"

-President Helmuth Kline, CDIS

[quote name='Razgriz24' timestamp='1325213803' post='2888917']
"I would like to know what crimes you will be shooting the citizens for. These are most likely innocent and scared people. Would you shoot someone for petty theft or possession of stolen property? Or are you only shooting terrorists, without trial and without evidence other than your interrogator's gut?"

[/quote]

"In New Cambodia a confession that is savagely beaten out of a man with the help of a crowbar is considered evidence enough. Crimes stemming from jaywalking to illegal internet downloading will be considered execution worthy given these men are all terrorists anyway.

In short, Nunya business. "

-Suvah

"I object to that sort of 'justice.' You are depriving a man of his God-given rights. What you're doing is nothing short of torture. Also, you can't just say these people are already terrorists. You can't just kill an innocent girl who came there on vacation from DROG, accidently jaywalked , and was arrested for being a DROG citizen. In short, this is an outrage!"

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1325214293' post='2888922']
Shooting is too dignified for common criminals and terrorists. Hang them instead.
[/quote]
Shooting is for rebels that have fought honorably and those that were sentenced to death by a court-martial. We agree on the hanging of terrorists. Terrorism is despicable and Vicidalia would put terrorists either to the goldmines or hang them up high.

On another note, Vicidalia sees itself as a medium between the East and the West and we would offer our help, should allifrey want to free their people on diplomatic ways.

Gallifrey would be more then happy to end this Diplomatically but as per this quote from Suva"You might as well come try and get them. We aren't giving back terrorists to a nation of terrorists. We love our neighbors far too much to do something so stupid." it doesnt seem possible.