Message to the UFE

iKrolm

TO: Imperator Jia, UFE/Tianxia

Good Evening,

It has recently come to my staff's attention that administration of the island of Yap was incorrectly assigned during the confusion surrounding the fall and retreat of Greater Pacifica. Although it may appear independent on certain maps, geographically Yap is considered to be a member of the Carolina Islands. As Selenarctos currently protects the remainder of the Carolina Islands and it was the desire of the late Pacifican government for the Carolina Islands to be administered by Selenarctos, my staff would like to discuss the possibility of transferring administration of Yap to the government of Selenarctos.

Thank You,
Melchoro Diokno
President of Selenarctos

[quote]To: Melchoro Diokno of Selenarctos
Subject: Regarding Yap

Body:

An issue arises here. Yap has been built into a vital defensive island and operating base for our forces in dealing with the lingering threat posed by the Grand Papua nation. While this nation is run by those who openly have sympathized with nazis at my wife's parties I cannot in good faith relinquish such defensive outposts. Nor can I relinquish such a thing when they have openly expressed hostility towards my nation. I believe they bear agendas of regimes long past as they have certainly failed to show any reason for the behavior they showed towards my nation right off the bat.

So long as Grand Papua continues to be a hostile nation with opaque internal politics and protected by a supremacy clause simply for the location of its capital, I do not believe we can move our defensive perimeter against them further back. That's simply unfair to my people's security.[/quote]

Edited by Triyun

[quote]TO: Yuan Jia, Tianxia

I understand the strategic nature of Yap and that the Tianxia has invested a lot of money to establish an outpost on Yap. Knowing this, I propose that a lifetime lease of the land occupied by Tianxian facilities are on at no cost be included in the terms of the transfer. If you have additional concerns, please let us address them at this time.

Sincerely,
Melchoro Diokno[/quote]

[quote]TO: Melchoro Diokno

In such a scenario do we have the implicit guarantee that if such bases are used against Grand Papua, there would be no interference in doing so. We speak not just about a direct attack against the Horde, but also in protecting allies in the Pacific, or in the result that the GP creates incidents elsewhere in the world with the intent of hostility towards us.

Please understand our position on that regime is that they are so closed off internally it is hard for us to judge their intentions beyond the hostile rhetoric. It is also hard to judge the lengths they are willing to go to create troubles. Caution is in order when dealing with them.[/quote]

I hope the recent government shift from the UFE to Tianxia does not signify or correlate to plans for a first strike against Grand Papau? So long as a conflict between the Tianxia and Grand Papau was not initiated by Tianxia, it shall be the between yourself and the Papaun government to resolve it.

-Melchoro Diokno

[/quote]

[quote]TO: Melchoro Diokno

Perhaps I'm being unclear in the clarification I require. My concern is not whether or not we can strike Papua at anytime. My concern is whether or not you would recognize this in the even Papua rather than attacking the UFE directly, attempted to weaken it by initiating a conflict or policies designed to quite obviously harm Tianxia without a direct attack. An example would be instance, if it supported revolutionary groups against our allies or claimed a ridiculous sized EEZ and started shooting up shipping. It is in this type of scenario we wish for neutrality[/quote]

Please allow me to clarify my position: Selenarctos will support Grand Papau via the MDP clause within the Oceanic Union if Grand Papau is attacked [i]without provocation[/i]. We will not activate the optional aggression clause against Tianxia, nor use it in support of Grand Papau for the detriment of Tianxia. And trust me when I say if any ally of Selenarctos were to begin shooting at international shipping, our treaty obligations that nation would quickly be reconsidered.

Sincerely,
Melchoro Diokno[/quote]