Wealth of the west.

iamthey

Dispatched across secure electronic networks, the following message was dispatched to the relevant authorities of the DRG.

[quote]
[b]Esteemed leaders of the Democratic Republic of Gallifrey,

The Avalonian council cordially invites the Gallifrian head of state and his responsible deputies to a summit at Fiji where both parties may discuss improving relations and the establishment of a formal trade relationship.[/b]

[i]Michael Atrevier, Councilor Superior of Avalon[/i][/quote]

Edited by iamthey

[quote][b]
To: Michael Atrevier

The Lord Chancellor and a member from each of the three parties of the Time Lord council and I will attend this summit.

[u]-Theta Sigma Lord President[/u][/b][/quote]

With that Theta and the rest of the delegates took the earliest flight to Fiji, They landed on the beautiful island of Fiji and wondered at the paradise just as the sun was rising. The Lord President went strait to the summit with the rest of his delegates.The Delegates walked in the room....

OOC: Edit:for grammar :P

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1325046815' post='2887768']
and with that Theta and the rest of the delegates took the earliest flight to Fiji, They landed on the beautiful island of Fiji and wondered at the paradise just as the sun was rising. The Lord President went strait to the summit with the rest of his delegates.The Delegates walked in the room....
[/quote]

Being his first opportunity to experience true sun in nearly six months, Michael took the opportunity to host the summit on the white sandy beaches of fiji. Situated under a flowing white pavilion, he sat on a small red cushion around a low wooden table. The floor was formed by several layers of cloth, and both it and the canopy were fashioned out of white linen. Noting the approaching delegation he hoped the meeting would end successfully. He had exceeded his technical authority extending this invitation and though he knew any deal he made would be approved, his position was precarious. As the group came within audible range, he stood letting his light robes hang off his athletic frame. Entering the threshold he greeted Theta and his delegates. In the background his eyes contacted the Seraphim sentries loitering on the beach. "Welcome Lord President, it is my honor to welcome you to my homeland." Previously unnoticed, Konrad lingered at the opposite opening awaiting the start of the summit. As the two leaders exchanged pleasantries he did a last minute scan of the security dossiers prepared on the visitors. While it was his bane to admit to it, years within a closed society had left him suspicious of foreigners and- xenophobic.

Having progressed through the typical rituals Atrevier decided to bring the gathering into focus. "Come join me in the shade." He offered, gesturing to the many identical round cushions around the oak round-table. As he did so Viktor entered taking his seat at the right hand of Atrevier. Entering the room a pair of female attendants converged serving each of those seated a crystal goblet of iced spring water. "From the local springs, I am told it is some of the finest." Michael remarked drinking deeply. "Anyway let us proceed to the matter at hand." Theta signaled his agreement.

"Both of our nations share a geographic connection to the South American continent. You are located there, and we have been settled in the Galapagos for nearly a century and a half. As one of the few significant outposts we chose to maintain after the breakup of the empire, a significant priority of my administrative agenda for the next decade is the development of a real national presence in the Galapagos. Key to that is reaching out to the emergent markets and authorities in South America. This is the basis for my invitation to you." He paused.

"What I would like to achieve here is the beginnings of a partnership based on shared regional interests, free trade, a general right of passage for sea faring vessels and air craft- with exception to select exclusion zones, and of course a mutual agreement of non-aggression. But perhaps I have presumed to much and spoken too soon? What are your objectives here- rather, what is your vision for any future bilateral relationship between us?"

Edited by iamthey

Theta enjoyed the fresh spring water "Thank you for the invitation to this beautiful island" Theta noticed how nervous the Councilor Superior looked about his security team and being the trusty man he is waved them off. "I accepted this invitation for a similar reason, you are in the pacific and we are a South American nation looking to expand its self diplomatically into the world being the new nation that we are. Also we see you are so close to our continents borders and find it irresponsible to ignore you."
Theta pulled a box out of his left jacket pocket and although this made the Coucilor nervous at first he opened the box and handed it to the Councilor Superior "That is a sonic screwdriver, its not out to the public but id like to give it to you as a gift. Its meant for things like cleaning wounds unlocking doors and simple things like that. Again this is not out to the public so keep it to your self. It was invented by our own scientists and is being mass produced now. That said do you have a treaty drawn up for us to work with?" Theta sat back and listened to the Councilor with intent.

Michael accepted the gift intrigued by the assurance of utility offered by the visitor and his delegation. "Thank you, you are exceptionally generous." While he was skeptical the tool would be everything Theta promised it to be, he would nonetheless ensure that its properties were examined closely. "As for a treaty, I believe Viktor here already has a draft ready for your review." Hearing this Konrad removed an electronic tablet from his satchel and presented a digital copy to the Lord President.

[quote]
[center]
(insert flags)

[size="5"][b]The Fiji Concordant[/b][/size][/center]

In joint recognition of the shared visions and regional proximity of Avalon and the Democratic Republic of Gallifrey (hence referred to as Gallifrey), both nations here by contract themselves to the following terms.

[b]Section I:[/b] [u]Non-Agression[/u]

Both signatories recognize the sovereignty of their counter-signatory and pledge strict non-interference in the affairs of the other. Both signatories pledge abstinence from any and all forms of aggression and interference which would be directed at the other.

[b]Section II:[/b] [u]Free Trade & Rights of Passage[/u]

1) Both signatories agrees to a bilateral policy of free trade and economic cooperation. Pursuant to this objective, both agree to abolish all tariffs and trade restrictions levied against their counter-signatory.

2) Both signatories grants general free right of passage to all civilian and military marine vessels and air traffic belonging to their counter-signatory. Special exception may be made for declared exclusion zones which are closed to all forms of alien traffic. Such zones must not obstruct or frustrate access to critical international trade routes and the counter-signatory must be given 47 hours prior notification before such zones apply to their vessels and aircraft.

3) Gallifrey recognizes the land contained within, the coastline of, and the thirty kilometer strip of ocean surrounding the Avalonian mainland (the Kergulens) as one such exclusion zone.

[b]Section III:[/b] [u]Optional Assistance[/u]

Both signatories reserve the right to offer voluntary military and/or economic assistance to one another should the need arise and a request by the counter-signatory is made. While providing assistance is not required, it is highly encouraged.

[b]Section IV:[/b] [u]Withdrawl[/u]

i) Either signatory may opt to withdraw from this pact at any time by notifying the counter-signatory. Upon notification the pact will remain in effect for a period no less than 47 hours.

ii) In the event that a signatory violates sections I, or II, this pact may be immediately voided by the offended party.

[b]For Avalon:[/b]

[b]For the Democratic Republic of Gallifrey:[/b]

[/quote]

"To provide a bit of clarification, you should understand what we refer to as our mainland, which is actually a minority of our territory, is closed to outsiders. This is for security and customary purposes. Hence our meeting here in Fiji rather than the super-regional capital. While we wish to peruse a policy of free trade and open waters with those we seek a relationship with, maintaining this traditional boundary is important to us. Needless to say it is a minor asterisk and we hope it is acceptable to you." He considered the point for a moment before continuing. "Of course if there are any areas you wish to include as exclusion zones of your own, that is of course agreeable to us. It also goes without saying that ships and aircraft passing through our respective territories would be subject to the air and maritime jurisdictions/regulations of our the local authorities. If your air-traffic is required to file a flight-plan so will air-traffic visiting form avalon- excetera"

Edited by iamthey

Theta thought over this treaty for a moment. "The only thing i would add is that you can not pass any air or navy through our nation if you are currently in a war with a signatory of USAN but other then that i will be willing to sign the treaty, also with the understanding that West India is not to be touched aswell, certin acceptions may be made with that if WI started the conflict as we have a chain out clause for such an occasion."And with that the Lord President watched the Councilor scribble on the rough draft of the treaty and waited.

OOC: I announced the scrwedriver it does do those things lol...also this is now an OAoDP with an economic attachment?lol

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1325075258' post='2887926']
Theta thought over this treaty for a moment. "The only thing i would add is that you can not pass any air or navy through our nation if you are currently in a war with a signatory of USAN but other then that i will be willing to sign the treaty, also with the understanding that West India is not to be touched aswell, certin acceptions may be made with that if WI started the conflict as we have a chain out clause for such an occasion."And with that the Lord President watched the Councilor scribble on the rough draft of the treaty and waited.

OOC: I announced the scrwedriver it does do those things lol...also this is now an OAoDP with an economic attachment?lol

Michael took the tablet from Konrad and revised it to reflect what he considered sensible conditions. "How is this?"

[/quote]

[quote]
[center]
(insert flags)

[size="5"][b]The Fiji Concordant[/b][/size][/center]

In joint recognition of the shared visions and regional proximity of Avalon and the Democratic Republic of Gallifrey (hence referred to as Gallifrey), both nations here by contract themselves to the following terms.

[b]Section I:[/b] [u]Non-Agression[/u]

Both signatories recognize the sovereignty of their counter-signatory and pledge strict non-interference in the affairs of the other. Both signatories pledge abstinence from any and all forms of aggression and interference which would be directed at the other.

[b]Section II:[/b] [u]Free Trade & Rights of Passage[/u]

1) Both signatories agrees to a bilateral policy of free trade and economic cooperation. Pursuant to this objective, both agree to abolish all tariffs and trade restrictions levied against their counter-signatory.

2) Both signatories grants general free right of passage to all civilian and military marine vessels and air traffic belonging to their counter-signatory. Special exception may be made for declared exclusion zones which are closed to all forms of alien traffic. Such zones must not obstruct or frustrate access to critical international trade routes and the counter-signatory must be given 47 hours prior notification before such zones apply to their vessels and aircraft.

3) Gallifrey recognizes the land contained within, the coastline of, and the thirty kilometer strip of ocean surrounding the Avalonian mainland (the Kergulens) as one such exclusion zone.

4) In the event that one signatory is engaged in a war with an military treaty partner of the other, clause two may be temporarily suspended at the discretion of the signatory.

[b]Section III:[/b] [u]Optional Assistance[/u]

Both signatories reserve the right to offer voluntary military and/or economic assistance to one another should the need arise and a request by the counter-signatory is made. While providing assistance is not required, it is highly encouraged.

[b]Section IV:[/b] [u]Withdrawl[/u]

i) Either signatory may opt to withdraw from this pact at any time by notifying the counter-signatory. Upon notification the pact will remain in effect for a period no less than 47 hours.

ii) In the event that a signatory violates sections I, or II, this pact may be immediately voided by the offended party.

[b]For Avalon:[/b]

[b]For the Democratic Republic of Gallifrey:[/b]

[/quote]

Edited by iamthey