Sand in shorts

Sands

To: Sands From: Joel James Date: 12/24/2011 6:15:59 PM

Subject: RP Nation
Message: Hey, I will buy your RP nation from you for $1 million. You can always make another one, so not much loss for you. Deal? Please pm me back and me can work out the deal if you are ok with it.

Response: No, you cannot have my RP for CN currency.

Look, my location is prime for mayhem and destruction. The veritable soft underbelly of the beast and you are trying to short change me.

I want 15 million in game.
20 dollar donation to the game with the bonuses to me.
Also an autographed photo of Sarah.
1 full afternoon of spooning with Kaiser Melech
and a DIY book binding press so I can live up to my new new year's resolutions.
World peace in CNRP as well for 1 week of my choosing as well.

If you can't live up to these demands then forget it.

[quote name='Joel James' timestamp='1324815917' post='2886146']
Um yeah, I heard that. Also, is it legal?
[/quote]

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1324817741' post='2886150']
I don't think it's illegal, just not in good taste.
[/quote]

It's illegal, and one of the easiest OOC deals to prove. If someone sells his/her nation for services in-game or in real life both the seller and buyer will find themselves removed from the map on the update following the deal.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1324928835' post='2886697']
It's illegal, and one of the easiest OOC deals to prove. If someone sells his/her nation for services in-game or in real life both the seller and buyer will find themselves removed from the map on the update following the deal.
[/quote]

Where in the rules or where in precedent does it say/has it been established that an OOC deal cannot influence IC RP transfers? OOC friendships and ties influence peoples behavior all the time and far from being an illegitimate activity that is impossible to prove, it is ubiquitous and has never been cause to wipe someone from the game. It may seem ridiculous for anyone to buy or sell an RP but that doesn't mean it is explicitly restricted in the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105517]rules[/url]... [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94994]more[/url].

While I am not concerned with real life interactions, I think think there is another point to consider when it comes to IG activity. Our nations IG are reflected heavily in our RP nation. To that end why should an IG aid package not be just as 'in character' as an arbitrary naval purchase IG, or a sudden increase in tech/infra. This is CNrp blah blah blah.

[b][size="5"]Besides don't you want an autographed picture of sarah![/size][/b] :((

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1324957073' post='2886956']
Where in the rules or where in precedent does it say/has it been established that an OOC deal cannot influence IC RP transfers? OOC friendships and ties influence peoples behavior all the time and far from being an illegitimate activity that is impossible to prove, it is ubiquitous and has never been cause to wipe someone from the game. It may seem ridiculous for anyone to buy or sell an RP but that doesn't mean it is explicitly restricted in the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105517]rules[/url]... [ur=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94994]more[/url].

While I am not concerned with real life interactions, I think think there is another point to consider when it comes to IG activity. Our nations IG are reflected heavily in our RP nation. To that end why should an IG aid package not be just as 'in character' as an arbitrary naval purchase IG, or a sudden increase in tech/infra. This is CNrp blah blah blah.

[b][size="5"]Besides don't you want an autographed picture of sarah![/size][/b] :((
[/quote]

I can't find the right emoticon that completely expresses my "pleasure" at the idea of getting an autographed picture of Sarah.

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1324957073' post='2886956']
Where in the rules or where in precedent does it say/has it been established that an OOC deal cannot influence IC RP transfers? OOC friendships and ties influence peoples behavior all the time and far from being an illegitimate activity that is impossible to prove, it is ubiquitous and has never been cause to wipe someone from the game. It may seem ridiculous for anyone to buy or sell an RP but that doesn't mean it is explicitly restricted in the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105517]rules[/url]... [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94994]more[/url].

[/quote]

Sargun did it a few months ago to wipe two nations that were involved in an ooc deal over IRC. There is a difference between OOC influencing IC and outright selling a rp nation for OOC profit.

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' timestamp='1324962731' post='2887029']
I hate you all.
[/quote]

Love you too.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1324990597' post='2887214']
Sargun did it a few months ago to wipe two nations that were involved in an ooc deal over IRC. There is a difference between OOC influencing IC and outright selling a rp nation for OOC profit.[/quote]
I personally would say such arbitrary differentiation is just sophism. What's the difference of invading a country, giving the land to a specific friend, then helping to establish a nation, and using IG assets to RP out territorial exchange? I mean, I don't mind a plain ban (although I don't remember Sargun banning anything), but trying to justify it with an action that has no difference from what is banned seems rather strange to me.