Citadel Reunion / Social Board?

Sephiroth

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1324884288' post='2886522']
Why would anyone (who didn't have to out of necessity), go to a place where the goal is to socialize with people from TOP or the Gramlins leadership? It would seem there would always be more fun activities available to the typical CN inhabitant ... like going to the dentist, or an IRS audit, or simply punching yourself in the groin repeatedly for an hour.
[/quote]

I'm always interested what people may have against Gre's govt. Feel free to let us know!

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1324884288' post='2886522']
Why would anyone (who didn't have to out of necessity), go to a place where the goal is to socialize with people from TOP or the Gramlins leadership? It would seem there would always be more fun activities available to the typical CN inhabitant ... like going to the dentist, or an IRS audit, or simply punching yourself in the groin repeatedly for an hour.
[/quote]
Speaking with gov and membership from TOP and Gremlins was actually enjoyable, with the debates/disagreements that were had making CN more interesting and giving reason to put more effort forward.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1324945707' post='2886853']

What never made sense to me was why the above people would willingly associate with Crymson etc. i.e. Citadel era TOP leadership. But despite genuine astonishment at that, and the real bickering and sniping that went on, Citadel was still a free association that enclosed the largest single mass of the top players in the game for a time and I think it's safe to say everyone who was there has some fond memories of it from one point or another.

[/quote]

Crymson just has those eyes you can get lost in for hours on end.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1325140810' post='2888394']
Crymson can be a really good guy to talk to even though he doesn't want to talk to me anymore.
[/quote]

I think it has a thing to do with your current views. The motto now is "with us or against us". No shades of grey.

I agree even if we did try making a social forum for Citadel members it wouldn't the same, so I think I'll give up on the idea unless more former Citadel members show interest in it. It was nice to see some familiar faces from Citadel posting in the thread though, I remember all of you who were in Citadel and who weren't from those who responded to the thread. Citadel represented a better part of CN for me for most of my time playing CN, but whats gone is gone.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1324973111' post='2887125']Make the old citadel forums completely public for posterity to read. Now [i]that[/i] could be interesting. :)[/quote]
I can only speak from the first couple months of the Citadel boards but the old DOVE (citadel founding negotiation) boards might be a more interesting read in juxtaposition to how the bloc actually played out. My memory of the Citadel boards looking back, from the admin level on down, was the lack of certain bits of information was often more notable than what was actually discussed. That was however only a fraction of the board's existence.

Edited by PhysicsJunky

[quote name='PhysicsJunky' timestamp='1325273460' post='2889228']
I can only speak from the first couple months of the Citadel boards but the old DOVE (citadel founding negotiation) boards might be a more interesting read in juxtaposition to how the bloc actually played out. My memory of the Citadel boards looking back, from the admin level on down, was the lack of certain bits of information was often more notable than what was actually discussed. That was however only a fraction of the board's existence.
[/quote]
Seeing the old DOVE boards would be quite interesting if they're still around somewhere. Despite all my involvement in Citadel I never saw those discussions from the DOVE boards, which were later brought up in many arguments on what type of bloc Citadel was suppose to be. (which FCC and TOP tended to argue over a lot, as FCC thought Citadel was meant to be independent from the NPO hegemony, rather than be attached to it with 3/4 signatories)

[quote name='PhysicsJunky' timestamp='1325273460' post='2889228']
[/quote]

Do it to it

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1325275858' post='2889244']
Do it to it
[/quote]
Personally I wouldn't mind if the Citadel boards were made public for people to amuse themselves a bit reading it, although the Citadel forums aren't around anymore and the DOVE boards are even older, so I'm not sure if anyone still has access or its still even around.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1325275564' post='2889242']Seeing the old DOVE boards would be quite interesting if they're still around somewhere. Despite all my involvement in Citadel I never saw those discussions from the DOVE boards, which were later brought up in many arguments on what type of bloc Citadel was suppose to be. (which FCC and TOP tended to argue over a lot, as FCC thought Citadel was meant to be independent from the NPO hegemony, rather than be attached to it with 3/4 signatories)[/quote]
I don't know if they still exist, to the best of my knowledge they're only still around as some direct quotes from the old FCC et al. forums. As one of the primary actors in that old argument I would like to point out that I never recall accusing any of the other signatories of being part of the NPO hegemony (and I certainly admit to calling them a great number of things), it was more of a debate in concern to things like intelligence sharing and the nature and primacy of the bloc. In any case it's been done and buried for a long time now, those who didn't like the outcome left, and I don't see any good in digging it up again. I suggest a fitting end to the discussion would be for Crymson to buzz back by, call us a bunch of panty wearing mooncalfs, and we can send it back to 2007 to rest in peace.

[quote name='PhysicsJunky' timestamp='1325279080' post='2889274']
I don't know if they still exist, to the best of my knowledge they're only still around as some direct quotes from the old FCC et al. forums. As one of the primary actors in that old argument I would like to point out that I never recall accusing any of the other signatories of being part of the NPO hegemony (and I certainly admit to calling them a great number of things), it was more of a debate in concern to things like intelligence sharing and the nature and primacy of the bloc. In any case it's been done and buried for a long time now, those who didn't like the outcome left, and I don't see any good in digging it up again. I suggest a fitting end to the discussion would be for Crymson to buzz back by, call us a bunch of panty wearing mooncalfs, and we can send it back to 2007 to rest in peace.
[/quote]
I wasn't accusing you of calling them that, just stating that they were part of that power structure back when they were in Q and that was part of what caused a lot of the arguing. Although its all in the past now and I think it would be silly if anyone carried a grudge over it now. I always wanted to see Citadel break off from Q, which is what happened in the end. To bad Citadel ended up falling apart after Q was no longer an issue though.