Citadel Reunion / Social Board?

Sephiroth

[center][url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=52890&st=0&p=1378180&hl=+methrage%20+king%20+citadel&fromsearch=1&#entry1378180"][img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z231/ROMMEL_HSQ/CN/flag.png[/img][/url][/center]

More than it was just a bloc treaty for military purposes, The Citadel was a community of its own with many active posters discussing CN related issues somewhere other than OWF. It was also a community of nations who were interested in optimizing growth and efficiency by discussing game mechanics and gameplay changes with others interested optimization. I don't consider that community formed to be so weak that the bloc being no more means severing communication between former Citadel members.

What I think would be interesting is a Citadel Social Board, in which all former members of Citadel can be masked and partake in discussion and talk about old times with those considered friends in Citadel regardless of where other treaty ties have brought former members. That would mean anyone who was a member of OG, Argent, Gremlins, Umbrella, FCC or TOP while a member of The Citadel bloc. What do other former Citadel members think of a social board for former members to reconnect with each other regardless of current AA? I could easily setup a forum on my host and let a few members who are also former Citadel who want to help out with it be admins as well to get it started. Would former members of Citadel want something like this though or would nobody use it?

Best Regards
Methrage, Former King of Citadel

Edit: I did a fresh phpBB forum install, so it still needs a lot of work. Although if people sign up I'll get more done. [url="http://kerberosnexus.com/citadel/"]Forum Link[/url]

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1324779759' post='2885956']
The political sections of those boards were miserable and unpleasant to visit. We were all bickering constantly. I don't have very good memories of them.
[/quote]
I think a lot of good discussions were had as well, and with a social board there would be no reason to bicker like when everyone had political motivations.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1324779759' post='2885956']
The political sections of those boards were miserable and unpleasant to visit. We were all bickering constantly. I don't have very good memories of them.
[/quote]

Heh, this may be quite accurate ;)

But I also have overall fond memories of those forums - in spite of some of the... disagreements.

While we're at it, we should totally start up a forum so those former signatories of WUT can talk and relive the past because that's the only way I can feel self-important. Honestly, I don't know how we've gone so long without a venue where we can talk to each other. :(

I miss NpO.

Why would anyone (who didn't have to out of necessity), go to a place where the goal is to socialize with people from TOP or the Gramlins leadership? It would seem there would always be more fun activities available to the typical CN inhabitant ... like going to the dentist, or an IRS audit, or simply punching yourself in the groin repeatedly for an hour.

Schattenmann's rendition of a Citadel reunion:

Setting: Public park picnic shelter.

Wardrobe:
Bob Janova - Black turtleneck
Reyne Mordigan - custom t-shirt that says "I'm not your mama"
(DAC)Syzygy - Tie-dye t-shirt with "CNARF" in the middle
Crmyson - Redwings jersey
Sun WuKong - Leisure suit
Methrage - Ron Paul ReLOVEution shirt

Reyne gets drunk again and sucker-punches Bob Janova in his paunch and calls him a sissy, then Bodvar gets between them and is like "woah, woah, woah!" And then (DAC)Syzygy is helping Bob up, and he says, "Jesus! What is your problem?" But Saber tells Syzygy to "shut his moralist mouth" and Sun WuKong is like "yeah before we cram that Codex in your yap!" before tilting back a Pabst. Methrage comes up and he's like, "guys, seriously, let's all chill." But HellAngel, Reyne, and Crymson all tell him to shut up and go make out with MK some more. janax and ochocinco are both on the periphery and janax is like "Whaaaaat did I get into?" and ocho and the guys from Umbrella are just laughing at everyone.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1324884288' post='2886522']
Why would anyone (who didn't have to out of necessity), go to a place where the goal is to socialize with people from TOP or the Gramlins leadership? It would seem there would always be more fun activities available to the typical CN inhabitant ... like going to the dentist, or an IRS audit, or simply punching yourself in the groin repeatedly for an hour.
[/quote]

Oh come on now, Krack. You can't think too bad of us, I mean, you let us raid you.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1324900269' post='2886572']
For the thousandth time, Methrage, no one wants to visit your website.
[/quote]
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but what I linked to was a fresh forum install.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1324812025' post='2886138']
While we're at it, we should totally start up a forum so those former signatories of WUT can talk and relive the past because that's the only way I can feel self-important. Honestly, I don't know how we've gone so long without a venue where we can talk to each other. :(

I miss NpO.
[/quote]
We can make it really classic and call it #disgaea2.

Maybe then we can get back Sponge or even Dilber. That would be pretty cool.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1324810573' post='2886132']
It was a joke thing to assign those kinds of titles to people. I don't remember what mine was.
[/quote]

Court Midget.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1324884288' post='2886522']
[/quote]

It was more than just those two. I liked Grämlins leadership except Ramirus, I was a Grämlin. Umbrella was cool, FCC was cool, OG was cool except for Reyne. A lot of TOP members are great too.

What never made sense to me was why the above people would willingly associate with Crymson etc. i.e. Citadel era TOP leadership. But despite genuine astonishment at that, and the real bickering and sniping that went on, Citadel was still a free association that enclosed the largest single mass of the top players in the game for a time and I think it's safe to say everyone who was there has some fond memories of it from one point or another.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1324908830' post='2886595']
Citadel was a fun time (mostly) but I think it's best left as a memory, trying to recreate those times will only end in failure and in tainting the memories that you are attempting to preserve.
[/quote]

You're probably right.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='Holy Empire of Halin' timestamp='1324793383' post='2886062']
No. Keep it dead.

p.s. I dont know what do you have on your site, but thank god its blocked where I live.
[/quote]

Your thankful that you live in a place where you are told what you can and cannot look at?

Some people are !@#$%*^ who really come to love being oppressed.