New Panama

King Timmy

[center][size="7"][b]New Panama[/b][/size]

[img]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6954/newpanama.gif[/img][/center]

We the people of Central America have come to the decision that we will form our respective nations into one as [b]New Panama[/b].

We welcome one and all to open an embassy with us. We intend to hold democratic elections in the foreseeable future to determine the governance of our nation.

Jose Narino, Interim President of New Panama

[quote]*** Private message to New Spain ***

We understand that you currently hold the administration of the Panama Canal, we would like to open discussions with you to pass control back to the people of Panama themselves.

Yours Sincerely,
Jose Narino, Interim President of New Panama[/quote]

A special message inviting representatives from the nations that bordered New Panama were also sent to come to the Capital to begin diplomatic relations with them.

"The Grand Principality of Vicidalia will send her Highness, Henrietta, Princess of Vicidalia, first in the Vicidalian line of succession to the talks to New Panama."

[i]Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun[/i]
[b]Ministre des Affaires Étrangeres, Commerciales et Coloniales de Vicidalia[/b]

[center][font="Times New Roman"][size="7"]Announcement of the Grand Principality[/size][/font]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/zozmy.png[/img][/center]

By order of the Grand Princess and her Senechal, the Colombo-Vicidalian border is considered closed like it always was since the foundation of the Grand Principality. The land is considered a protectorate of the Lunar Republic and therefor, every citizen wishing to cross the border needs not only to have a valid Visa, but also has to enter our land via the Lunar-Vicidalian Border in the Comtés of Louisianne du Nord, Louisianne de Sud, Amazonie and Amacure. Whoever tries to cross the border from Colombias side is considered a hostile trespasser on the Grand Princess' lands and will be dealt with accordingly, meaning arrest and in case of resistance, elimination of the threat posed.

Signed,

[i]Lisette de Nouvelle-Beziérs[/i]
[b]Ministre de la Defense de Vicidalia[/b]

[quote][b]Private Message
To: Alexander Leclerc, Second speaker of the Lunar Republic
From: Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun, Minister of Foreign, Commercial and Colonial Affairs
[/b]
To the honorable second speaker of the Lunar Republic,

The court of Vicidalia has heard rumors of people in Colombia claiming to have organised themselves in a new country of New Panama and now they even announced their independence. As we were not informed of the Lunar Republic relinquishing control over this former protectorate, Vicidalia will issue a formal note of protest over the unpredicable state of affairs in a region we still see under your governance and we hope that this issue soon sees clarification. Should New Panama, as they name themselves, really have been granted full souvereignity from the Lunar Republic, we issue a note of protest over relinquishing control without former consulting of the Grand Principality and Vicidalia would be against such a country joining the USAN, as long as we cannot be sure what their intentions towards Vicidalia and also the International territory of the Panama canal is.

Should this new country however not have the blessings an approval of the Lunar Republic, we ask you to ensure that the then rebels will not endanger the status quo with their actions.

With regards,
[i]
Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun[/i]
[b]Ministre des Affairs Étrangeres, Commerciales et Coloniales[/b][/quote]

[b]OOC:[/b] I'm not doing this to be mean to Timmy, but because Vicidalia considers all matters around the Caribbean as matters of Vicidalia and Colombia is worth throwing a diplomatic fit. Have a nice time neighbouring some frustrated expansionists.

Edited by Evangeline Anovilis

[quote name='Joel James' timestamp='1324771841' post='2885890']
The goverment of the Republic of West India formally recognizes New Panama. It does not mind [b]King Timmy[/b] excircising control of the canal since it cut's the said nation in half.
[/quote]
The Grand Principality of Vicidalia kindly asks who on earth King Timmy would be. As far as Vicidalia knows, the leader of this strange movement is called Jose Narino. Or at least he signed the proclamation of New Panama.

[b]OOC:[/b] Try not to address the poster, if the name isn't used in the RP, apart from OOC messages of course. ^_^

[i]The Republic of Peru recognizes and welcomes the state of New Panama. We hope to see fruitful relationship develop between both states in the near future.[/i]

[b]-Ambassador Ollanta Humala[/b]

[quote][b]Private Message
To: Jose Narino, Interim President

Mr.Narino,

My Government wishes to establish a friendly and strong relationship with your new state. It seems New Panama could use some friends in South America, especially friends with a common border. We offer such friendship. But that is not all. Vicidalia seems to be growing in imperialist tendencies and looks beyond her borders, as we look to ours. Therefor, on the behalf of my Government, I offer a Mutual Defense Pact among other things if you are open for discussion.

Yours Sincerely,
[b]Ambassador Ollanta Humala[/b] [/quote]

OOC: Maybe I will offer my old tanks Evangeline

Edited by Chancellor Patrick

The Californian Republic will recognize the formation of New Panama. We do hope that your talks with New Spain on the administration of the Panama Canal be still made as an internationally controlled territory. Congratulations and welcome to the international community.

Secretary of State

Kevin O'Malley

[quote][b]-Classified-[/b]
To: New Panama
From: Office of the Secretary of State; Californian Republic

We wish to send a diplomat to start formal relations between us and see what possible relationships may be made.

[/quote]

[center][size="5"]Lunar Announcement
regarding New Panama[/size][/center]

"Before officially recognising New Panama, the Lunar Republic would like a guarantee from New Panama that the Canal will only be [i]administered[/i] by you, if this privilege is indeed given to you from New Spain, and that its international and utterly neutral status will continue, regardless of the circumstances. The Canal is of great importance to many nations of the world, after all.
If New Panama can guarantee this, preferrably by treaty with us, New Spain and two other nations (as 'protectors') of your choosing, we will recognise you properly. This treaty would include a clause in which the four protectors are authorised to ensure the international status of the Canal if they deem it necessary.
That is all."

[b][Private][/b]

[b]To:[/b] Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun, Minister of Foreign, Commercial and Colonial Affairs
[b]From:[/b] Alexander Leclerc, Second speaker of the Lunar Republic

"Ms. de Nouvelle Châteaudun,

the people of New Panama have not approached us directly about their independence. However, should they agree to guarantee the international status of the Canal, we will grant full recognition.
Regarding your protest, it has been noted.
Regarding any potential instability, be aware that you are still in the USAN, and thus protected under this treaty. If Vicidalia comes under attack from New Panama, we will take action.

Regards,"

Alexander Leclerc
Second Speaker

Edited by Lynneth

We would like to thank those who so far have granted us their recognition.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1324766649' post='2885841']
"The Grand Principality of Vicidalia will send her Highness, Henrietta, Princess of Vicidalia, first in the Vicidalian line of succession to the talks to New Panama."

[i]Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun[/i]
[b]Ministre des Affaires Étrangeres, Commerciales et Coloniales de Vicidalia[/b]
[/quote]
After your most recent announcement we were wondering if you still intend to send a representative for discussions.

[quote name='Chancellor Patrick' timestamp='1324772497' post='2885896']
[i]The Republic of Peru recognizes and welcomes the state of New Panama. We hope to see fruitful relationship develop between both states in the near future.[/i]

[b]-Ambassador Ollanta Humala[/b]

OOC: Maybe I will offer my old tanks Evangeline
[/quote]
*** Private reply ***

We would very much like to begin diplomatic talks regarding such things as this. You are more than welcome to send someone to Panama City to begin them.

[quote name='Tanis777' timestamp='1324779746' post='2885955']
The Californian Republic will recognize the formation of New Panama. We do hope that your talks with New Spain on the administration of the Panama Canal be still made as an internationally controlled territory. Congratulations and welcome to the international community.

Secretary of State

Kevin O'Malley
[/quote]
*** Private Reply ***

You are more than welcome to send a diplomat. They will be happily received in Panama City.

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1324795726' post='2886086']
[center][size="5"]Lunar Announcement
regarding New Panama[/size][/center]

"Before officially recognising New Panama, the Lunar Republic would like a guarantee from New Panama that the Canal will only be [i]administered[/i] by you, if this privilege is indeed given to you from New Spain, and that its international and utterly neutral status will continue, regardless of the circumstances. The Canal is of great importance to many nations of the world, after all.
If New Panama can guarantee this, preferrably by treaty with us, New Spain and two other nations (as 'protectors') of your choosing, we will recognise you properly. This treaty would include a clause in which the four protectors are authorised to ensure the international status of the Canal if they deem it necessary.
That is all."

[/quote]

As long as the shores around the canal remain a part of New Panama and if we gain the rights of administration for the canal there will be no changes in it's international status and it would only administered by us. We are more than happy to solidify this with a treaty should we be granted the administration rights by New Spain.

[i]***Private Reply to Jose Narino***[/i]

[quote]I must reject your notion to release the Panama Canal over to your administration at this juncture. We feel that it's importance to the region is far too great to be handed over to a newly developed nation... it would be the height of irresponsibility on our part to simply hand it over to a state that has not yet solidified or secured itself in the region. As such we categorically reject this notion and will not be transfering our control of it to your state. We have upheld the Panama Canal region as an international zone since the collapse of the Holy American Empire and we will continue to serve in this capacity until a more stable and capable state then our own can take place of those duties. With that being said, you may rest assured that your access to and across the canal will go unfettered.

Sincerely,
King Enrique Bourbon I[/quote]

Edited by Owned-You

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1324929228' post='2886700']
As long as the shores around the canal remain a part of New Panama and if we gain the rights of administration for the canal there will be no changes in it's international status and it would only administered by us. We are more than happy to solidify this with a treaty should we be granted the administration rights by New Spain.
[/quote]
"Very well. The Lunar Republic shall recognise New Panama for the time being."