West India

Joel James

The new nation, the Republic of West India, has declared its independence today. It is now situated in the lower half of present day India. A line was drawn from Surat to Kolkata, and everything south of that has become part of the new nation.

OOC: Please disregard the previous one

Population: 300,000,000
Soldier Count: 386,152
Tank Count: 3,862
Helicopter Count: 720
Trasport Air/Sea Count: 720
Aircraft Count: 600
Navy Vessel Count: 11
Cruise Missiles: 3000

[u]Treaties[/u]
ODP with Grand Principality of Vicidalia
ODP with The Democratic Republic of Gallifrey

Edited by Joel James

The Grand Principality of Vicidalia recognises West India as a legitimate state and hopes it will pacify the lands it inherited from the former Cochin. We wish for good relations and a prosperous future.

[i]Louise Françoise I de Vicidalia[/i]

[quote][b]Private Message
To: The government of West India
Subject: Possible Trade relations[/b]

Honorable West Indians,

As West India now seems to be a peaceful region again, after this long and terrible war of Cochin and the Invasion of the UFE, the Compagnie Coloniale de Vicidalia (Colonial Company of Vicidalia) wants to extent its helping hand to the new fledgling state and to open trade relations between our countries. Vicidalia, in posession of a good industrial base in the sectors of weapon manufacturing, as well as petrochemistry, would be happy to find a new market in India, while the agricultural and maybe industrial assets of India may also find one in Vicidalia. To discuss these relations, I would like to visit your nation in the near future if it is alright with you and your people.

With regards,

[i]Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun[/i]
[b]Ministre des Affaires Étrangeres, Commerciales et Coloniales
Directeur-general de la Compagnie Coloniale de Vicidalia[/b][/quote]

Edited by Evangeline Anovilis

The government of West India held its first multi-party election since the creation of the nation.

The INC won 45 seats
The BJP won 30 seats
The DMC won 25 seats

There main goal is to build up the army and to some a few treaties.

We welcome the new nation to India, which has always been a land of great stability and wealth. We do wish to note that a large amount of our people's oldest historical sights and monuments, including the original city of Marscury, reside within your lands. We hope that, like the nations before you, you will care for these treasures.

It was a pleasant sunny day, when the Ju-02 passenger plane of Air Vicidaliénne landed on the runway of the airport of West Indias capital. Together with some normal passengers, also Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun set their foot on West Indian soil and after passing the security checks, she headed for the Foreign Ministry, the place she believed would be the right one to conduct her business with. Arriving there, Charlotte knocked on the door and waited to be let in, altough she hoped to get a meeting soon, considering that the flight back to Vicidalia was already in the evening, just a few hours away.

The president of West India apologizes for keeping the diplomat waiting. He had other commitements that he had to attend to. Considering the time, Joel James made a reservation for Charlotte in the nearest 5 star hotel.

"Bon jour Monsieur Joel James, my name is Charlotte, Comtesse of Nouvelle-Châteaudun. I'm here as representant of the Compagnie Coloniale de Vicidalia and my Grand Princess Louise Françoise I de Vicidalia herself. I'm honored to meet you." She opened her suitcase and took out a little package. "As representant of my country, I would like to offer you this little gift of ours, a small package of Vicidalian fine quality coffee." Charlotte smiled as she handed over an approximately 1 kg can of coffee beans.

The Republic of West India has begun to create defenses for the nation. The construction shall begin in the north and work its way down south. With the large number of working citizens and unemployment, the work should move by fast. Trenches, barbed wire fences, pillbox bunkers, hills, airfields, military bases, and barracks will all be constructed.

Mining, Agriculture, Manufacturing, and Services other than IT are being supported by the West Indian government. The projected cost of both of these projects is $37.4 billion.

The Grand Principality of Vicidalia is concerned over the extensive fortification program and hopes that West India won't have to default due to the heavy expenses to come. This would hurt our trade after all. Vicidalia however offers to send material and experts to help in the construction, should West India want to hire our assistants.

[i]Charlotte de Nouvelle-Châteaudun[/i]
[b]Ministre des Affairs Étrangeres, Commerciales et Coloniales[/b]

the Goverment of West India has stationed 30,000 soldiers and 300 tanks at a military base at the northern border of West India in response to the invasion of Africa by Khalistan and the fact that Khalistan is interested in Maharashtra.