Lets just each take a beer

ComradeR

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1324642516' post='2884796']
lol. so what happens if they do attack any of those alliances in the future?
[/quote]
Well, I know for me at least, I'd wage a war on anyone who broke an NAP with me. I don't know about everyone else.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1324655984' post='2884882']
Well, I know for me at least, I'd wage a war on anyone who broke an NAP with me. I don't know about everyone else.
[/quote]
I wasn't really referring to Mongols attacking FOK or GO directly, it was more a musing on the future. For instance if the MK-FOK treaty was cancelled somewhere down the line and then Mongols ended up at war with MK.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1324649364' post='2884829']
Good Sir, this being a document between various blocs of nations, the wording has to be spot on. With no wiggle room or scope for interpretation. Improper documentation of international treaties and agreements will lead to nothing but strife and increased environmental contamination by way of nuclear fallout. Not to mention teeth gnashing.
[/quote]
Excuse me good Sir, but you have it all wrong.

What causes so much teeth gnashing is the simple fact that people sign treaties, after which other people throw a fit over the interpretation of such a document. :P

(Ideally, there would be no need for treaties. - Treaties only exist because alliances don't fully trust each other on their word...)

Guest lord bitburg

Not sure if the problem is that 118 alliances are worried that they do not have a no attack clause?? I think Go and Fok fought well, but they must admit we gave as good as we got. I salute GO and Fok. They were worthy opponents to train our Young Horse Warriors, they taught us much, and we are better warriors for it. On to the next battle, we are moving our yurts to new grounds.

Thank you Mentor, Uncle Harry and Tromp. For being great warriors and statesmen

Signed Lord Bitburg HMFIC

Edited by lord bitburg

I see a lot of alliances peacing out with pretty much white peace, although I wonder how much longer and what kind of terms there will be when NpO and GOD get peace. I doubt NpO will get bad terms since TOP doesn't need the reps and hit them over a past grudge, although they might be kept at war for a while.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1324659639' post='2884921']
So what happens if there is a big coup in R&R and the new government is uber racist against dutchies and the FOK-R&R treaty burns...if Mongols attack R&R...does FOK still defend them?
[/quote]

I would think it would be up to the discretion of the FOK leadership. By them attacking R&R it merely opens up a CB for which the Mongols can be reengaged, but I don't believe action would be absolutely required. At the very least future peoples could just frown upon Mongols for breaking this document in the future and will be held accountable in some way. Or not, it could totally be forgotten, but with the majority of the active interlocutors here having the mind of a steel trap when it comes to these things, I doubt something like that couple happen without at least one of us harping on it. Either way it leaves possible something to be revisited, and for that I approve of what sounds like a willfully accepted draconian term.

So what happens if there is a big coup in R&R and the new government is uber racist against dutchies and the FOK-R&R treaty burns...if Mongols attack R&R...does FOK still defend them?
[/quote]

Pfft, like we would ever let that happen. Without our dutchie overlords we might as well disband..

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1324683833' post='2885140']
Pfft, like we would ever let that happen. Without our dutchie overlords we might as well disband..
[/quote]

This is going to be tested.

[/quote]
That awkward moment when the R&R government is already super racist against the dutch.