An Imperial Announcement

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1324611386' post='2884485']
you're the kind of person who won't wear a paper crown because it's treason to impersonate a monarch aren't you?
[/quote]
Why would I want to wear a paper crown anyway? To be the Supreme God-Empress of Greater Cardbordia?

And the crime is not called treason, but lese-majesty. Though, I wouldn't know how this is connected to me pointing out the misuse of a title.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1324645411' post='2884814']
Why would I want to wear a paper crown anyway? To be the Supreme God-Empress of Greater Cardbordia?

And the crime is not called treason, but lese-majesty. Though, I wouldn't know how this is connected to me pointing out the misuse of a title.
[/quote]

I haven't been honest with you in awhile, miss, but it's time to grow up and take a lesson from this.

When nobody gives a damn about your opinion, you saddle up and walk away. Especially when chances of changing people's minds is null/zero.

I suppose that it must happen one way or the other. Though not preferable, this will suit just fine as it may eventually benefit my allies and friends and do the opposite to those who are not. Do what must be done, I have faith in you for completing the final phase of the mission. Do not fail me Sakura.

[quote name='Elrich von Richt' timestamp='1324646015' post='2884816']
I haven't been honest with you in awhile, miss, but it's time to grow up and take a lesson from this.

When nobody gives a damn about your opinion, you saddle up and walk away. Especially when chances of changing people's minds is null/zero.
[/quote]

Someone should heed their own advice.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1324645411' post='2884814']

[/quote]
Making fun of or insulting a monarch would be lese-majesty. But if you were seriously impersonating the monarch, it would most likely be treason or identity fraud. /nitpick

Needs more Weeaboo drama. :( But seriously. Congrats to my friends in NsO on patching things up with SOS.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1324609749' post='2884467']
May I remind that a Viceroy still needs someone that is the actual monarch? So a Viceroy is neither supreme, nor could it be used in this context.
[/quote]

Untrue. It has happened before.

[ooc]To give an example. Admiral Horthy ruled as Regent of the Kingdom of Hungary. Hungary had no King. Hungary after World War 1 also was completely landlocked and without a navy which never stopped him from being an admiral as well.[/ooc]

[quote name='Taget' timestamp='1324833882' post='2886202']
Untrue. It has happened before.

[ooc]To give an example. Admiral Horthy ruled as Regent of the Kingdom of Hungary. Hungary had no King. Hungary after World War 1 also was completely landlocked and without a navy which never stopped him from being an admiral as well.[/ooc]
[/quote]

A Regent is someone who rules in place of a Monarch/Sovereign if they are killed with no Heir, or an Heir is too young to rule, or if the Monarch/Sovereign is disabled and unable to rule for a certain period of time. A Regent can also be appointed to govern a state in the absense of a ruler in a general.

A Viceroy is someone appointed to rule a state or province as the Deputy of the Monarch/Sovereign.

A Viceroy CANNOT exist without a higher body of government. A Viceroy will and has always answered to a higher power within the government that appointed them to that position. A Regent exists as the sole power of a state until they are replaced. Thus Evangeline was correct, and your example is highly flawed as a Regent and Viceroy are two completely different things. So please try again.

[quote name='Imperator Augustus' timestamp='1324822017' post='2886163']
Making fun of or insulting a monarch would be lese-majesty. But if you were seriously impersonating the monarch, it would most likely be treason or identity fraud. /nitpick
[/quote]
If I were to seriously impersonate them, I'd use a real crown.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1324840180' post='2886254']
A Regent is someone who rules in place of a Monarch/Sovereign if they are killed with no Heir, or an Heir is too young to rule, or if the Monarch/Sovereign is disabled and unable to rule for a certain period of time. A Regent can also be appointed to govern a state in the absense of a ruler in a general.

A Viceroy is someone appointed to rule a state or province as the Deputy of the Monarch/Sovereign.

A Viceroy CANNOT exist without a higher body of government. A Viceroy will and has always answered to a higher power within the government that appointed them to that position. A Regent exists as the sole power of a state until they are replaced. Thus Evangeline was correct, and your example is highly flawed as a Regent and Viceroy are two completely different things. So please try again.
[/quote]
[ooc]In the example given, it was a Regent, as Hungary had no dynasty. They dethroned the Habsburgs, but they were not able to decide on a new King of Hungary until the country was turned communist and got rid of the monarchy.[/ooc] Just to add to the explanation of BloodFury.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1324861279' post='2886379']
Go merge already.
[/quote]
I doubt the possibility of such a thing happening. I know, this is not the right place to say that, as most didn't even expect a treaty at all, but my knowledge and intuition says no merger. Not under the current governments.