Declaration of Love and Tolerance

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, it appears that not a lot of support exists for UE. That is alright. Judging from the beating Sparta is taking, we can wing them. But as soon as we defeat Sparta, nations that devalued the possibility of our victory will devalue the victory itself.

Furthermore, I observe that discriminating against members of UE for being united under a common interest is analogous to discriminating against a race, and is no better than such. What does it matter what we like, or what we believe, as to what does it matter what color our skin is or what God we believe in. This discrimination and devaluation is a Logical Crime, being based on nothing but Ad Hominem. We are inferior and shall be defeated because we enjoy ponies? If I can conclude something, it is that nobody here thinks critically.

Edited by Godot17

[quote name='Godot17' timestamp='1323590280' post='2873692']
Furthermore, I observe that discriminating against members of UE for being united under a common interest is analogous to discriminating against a race, and is no better than such. What does it matter what we like, or what we believe, as to what does it matter what color our skin is or what God we believe in. This discrimination and devaluation is a Logical Crime, being based on nothing but Ad Hominem. We are inferior and shall be defeated because we enjoy ponies? If I can conclude something, it is that nobody here thinks critically.
[/quote]

The fact that you would devalue the horror inherent in racism so much is appalling, and reason enough to abhor your beliefs.

[quote name='Ameroca' timestamp='1323590886' post='2873698']
The fact that you would devalue the horror inherent in racism so much is appalling, and reason enough to abhor your beliefs.
[/quote]

Peculiar. Care to elaborate?

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1323590916' post='2873700']
Welcome to CN, my faithful student. -_-
[/quote]

Thank you, Princess Regnant. I'll try to make it out sane.

Wait....hold on a second

Wait you mean to tell me...

No this must be a hilarious joke...right?

Dont tell me I'm fighting along ponies now, seriously?

So I have to root for sparta against ponies but then root against them cause Im hitting them.

Interesting.....

[quote name='Godot17' timestamp='1323591346' post='2873707']
Peculiar. Care to elaborate?
[/quote]

What's peculiar is that you equate malleable taste in entertainment, and potential derision from people who do not share the same tastes, with the systematic oppression of peoples based on the social construct into which they were born. No one has ever been denied life, liberty, equality, or even happiness due to their fondness for this television show, while people at this moment suffer from this and more merely because of the color of their skin, including in societies that have claimed to banish this boogieman. By saying they are one and the same you are inherently devaluing the hardships of the latter and aid in the denial of its existence.

You are literally saying that a person thinking your leisure activity is childish is similar to the vast inherited economic and social structures that exist that keep many people in poverty.

This idea, which you've constructed to rationalize your toys while obviously not considering its ramifications, disgusts me. Much, much more than any I feel for your enjoyment of a particular television show.

Edited by Ameroca

[quote name='Ameroca' timestamp='1323593437' post='2873735']
What's peculiar is that you equate malleable taste in entertainment, and potential derision from people who do not share the same tastes, with the systematic oppression of peoples based on the social construct into which they were born. No one has ever been denied life, liberty, equality, or even happiness due to their fondness for this television show, while people at this moment suffer from this and more merely because of the color of their skin, including in societies that have claimed to banish this boogieman. By saying they are one and the same you are inherently devaluing the hardships of the latter and aid in the denial of its existence.

You are literally saying that a person thinking your leisure activity is childish is similar to the vast inherited economic and social structures that exist that keep many people in poverty.

This idea, which you've constructed to rationalize your toys while obviously not considering its ramifications, disgusts me. Much, much more than any I feel for your enjoyment of a particular television show.
[/quote]
[img]http://pinkie.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/132359907230.jpg[/img]

You make an excellent argument, and I agree that disliking Ponies is hardly of the magnitude of racism. Gross overreaction on your part, but highly insensitive on his.