Holiday ceasefire

paul711

I have sent out PMs gauging interest in the concept. We did it last year during the holidays and some have concerns over the trustworthiness of others. All that aside I propose we try it again as the holiday season is stressful enough without having to worry about your nations and a 90 day round leaves plenty Yoof time for mischief.

How about we try again this year starting from 12-22/23 update through and up to the 1-1/2 update (12:00am 12-23-11 until after 12:00am on [b]1-3-12[/b] as proposed by Cowboytx)we try again. No shenanigans and anyone that signs up has to refrain from any and all military actions against both AAs within and not taking part in the truce(you sign up and your protected aginst attack but must refrain against attacking any AAs at all until the time ends). All AAs taking part in the truce pledge to defend each other aginst any and all violators.

Any additional thoughts or ideas are not only welcomed but encouraged.

Edit....
Memebers of the Truce:
Ordo Paradoxia
Warriors (currently in war with DR pre truce time period)
Synergy
WAPA (currently in war with DR pre truce time period)
AAA
LE
Citadel
The flying kiwis
TPC
LOSS
Cradle of Snakes
Catharsis
Seraph
Duckroll (currently at war with WAPA/Warriors pre truce time period)
GDA
APC

Official terms of the agreement:

1) No member of your alliance will attack any nation on Planet Steve between Midnight Server Time December 22/23 and Midnight Server Time January 2/3.

2) If any Signatory Alliance is attacked by any other Alliance, all other Signatory Alliances are required to defend the attacked Alliance. An attacked alliance will be defined as 5 or more of their nations being attacked by another Alliance or group of Alliances.

3) If any Signatory Alliance is attacked by less than 5 nations of another Alliance or group of Alliances, or by unaffiliated nations, they are allowed to retaliate against those individual nations with as many nations as they see fit.

4) If a member of a Signatory Alliance attacks any other nation, their Alliance leaders must order the nation to offer peace immediately. The attacked nation is not require to accept the peace offer and is free to employ Section 3 in their defense.

5) Any signatory that violates any of the above will be then considered as a non-signatory and will be treated as such by all signatories.

Also in addition, these rules do not substitute for common sense. Common sense is to be used in the event that some people try and skirt the posted rules in a blatant attempt to bypass the intent of this agreement.

Edited by paul711

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1323136202' post='2864725']
No just no, this is against EVERYTHING that TE is, I understand that some people can't be here for it but thats life, we shouldn't sign !@#$@#$ ceasefires in [u]TE[/u] because of it.
[/quote]
I appreciate your stance and thanks for the reply. Not everyone will agree but strength is through numbers.

Edited by paul711

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1323128206' post='2864552']
I have sent out PMs gauging interest in the concept. We did it last year during the holidays and some have concerns over the trustworthiness of others. All that aside I propose we try it again as the holiday season is stressful enough without having to worry about your nations and a 90 day round leaves plenty of time for mischief.

How about we try again this year starting from 12-22/23 update through and up to the 1-1/2 update (12:00am 12-23-11 until after 12:00am on 1-2-12)we try again. No shenanigans and anyone that signs up has to refrain from any and all military actions against both AAs within and not taking part in the truce(you sign up and your protected aginst attack but must refrain against attacking any AAs at all until the time ends). All AAs taking part in the truce pledge to defend each other aginst any and all violators.

Any additional thoughts or ideas are not only welcomed but encouraged.
[/quote]
Get out of here with your peace loving ways! Holidays fights are the best

I guess I'm outvoted on this, because personally I'd support a holiday ceasefire, if only because I know I wont be making those updates and will probably end up getting ripped to shreds :S

Edited by Mikeyrox

[quote name='Mikeyrox' timestamp='1323149530' post='2865309']
I guess I'm outvoted on this, cause personally I'd support a holiday ceasefire, if only because I know I wont be making those updates and will probably end up getting ripped to shreds :S
[/quote]
With the might of OP behind me I will protect you from those ebil Canadians. :wub:

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1323150443' post='2865369']
With the might of OP behind me I will protect you from those ebil Canadians. :wub:
[/quote]

Thanks paul :D

Lord knows it takes all I've got to fight against their creeping communism and "hockey" (which I assume is some form of devilworship). BUT THEY SHALL BE BENT TO SWEET AMERICAN FREEDOM.

And to holiday ceasefires.

Think it simple, people. There are only two options here:
Either we shoot down Santa or we do nothing.

[color="#FFFFFF"]I personally like the first one because I don't think I'll be getting any this year...*sniff.[/color]

I suggest this:

At the end of it, all nations who did the ceasefire divide into two equalish groups and hit each other at that update (Update 1/2-1/3 as suggested by Thomasj_tx) using a mutual blitz. That or alternately, they hit everybody else, depending on whatever provides the most entertainment value. Depending how many alliances participate, it might become a realllyyyy big war. Plus, mutual blitz. I don't remember that being done on this kind of scale, ever. Wouldn't that be fun?