Citadel DOE

Lehran

[quote name='kongland' timestamp='1324446519' post='2883135']
I never said you were flagrunning. However, you keep bringing in your lies or at least bending the truth.
I'd recommend you complain to Clash from now on - he is your boss now. He is much more patient than I am - with people like yourself.
[/quote]

I don't have any grievances with Clash, so I wouldn't complain to him. He is a good friend and a great alliance leader, and our history goes back many rounds.

Kong has requested that I apologize to the members of Citadel, and I will do so. I only find fault with the policies of the leader, and nothing with the individual members (who are nice people). I argue only with kong, which will be private from now on.

Besides, I have business to attend to as a member of Warriors. I hope this will clear my name from being any sort of flag chaser.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1324449704' post='2883169']
I don't have any grievances with Clash, so I wouldn't complain to him. He is a good friend and a great alliance leader, and our history goes back many rounds.

Kong has requested that I apologize to the members of Citadel, and I will do so. I only find fault with the policies of the leader, and nothing with the individual members (who are nice people). I argue only with kong, which will be private from now on.

Besides, I have business to attend to as a member of Warriors. I hope this will clear my name from being any sort of flag chaser.
[/quote]
That's right. I didn't request any apology to me - I'm happy to stay an opined and narrowminded Despot ;)
Members of Citadel and alliance itself are the most precious things..
Now, all move along - the "Big Brother" show is over.

[quote name='kongland' timestamp='1324450054' post='2883172']
That's right. I didn't request any apology to me - I'm happy to stay an opined and narrowminded Despot ;)
Members of Citadel and alliance itself are the most precious things..
Now, all move along - the "Big Brother" show is over.
[/quote]

That is why I chose to apologize to Citadel members if they feel I crusaded against the entire alliance.

Sorry Thomas. I guess the show is over. Let's watch the wars instead!

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1324398783' post='2882585']
It sounds like your parting ways was the best outcome for both of you.
[/quote]
This seems like the best post, especially since I don't want to read all the walls of text.

I have NEVER had any problems with kong over the rounds, and I know Neo from wayyyy back.
Just kiss, you two. You know you want to.

[quote name='kongland' timestamp='1324446519' post='2883135']
I never said you were flagrunning. However, you keep bringing in your lies or at least bending the truth.
I'd recommend you complain to Clash from now on - [b]he is your boss now[/b]. He is much more patient than I am - with people like yourself.
[/quote]
This is the crux of the problem with you, Kong. You consider yourself the boss in a game that requires voluntary committment to be a successful AA. The leader must lead and not boss.

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1324484621' post='2883301']
This is the crux of the problem with you, Kong. You consider yourself the boss in a game that requires voluntary committment to be a successful AA. The leader must lead and not boss.
[/quote]
Maybe. Now, could we put it to rest?

Edited by kongland

[quote name='Awesome Dog' timestamp='1324534989' post='2883904']
Edit: I have nothing to add to the discussion and should have never posted.
[/quote]
A very wise man.
I don't get it - why such a bewilderement about netrality? In RL history Switzerland has been neutral for many centuries, but they fought against foreign aggressors - mostly Germans and their soldiers were one of the best in the world. Even Pope has had Swiss guard in the last centuries and still does have them.

So, I don't understand - is it the lack of knowledge or ...what?

Regarding the neutrality in TE that means, that we don't belong to any exsisting blocks. Of course they do exsist. That's where all the hate and big grudges exsist. People are getting mad at each other instead of having fun. A self-destructive course of actions.

We'll try to maintain our neutrality as long as possible.

However, if one of the blocks will try to harass and bully Citadel, of course we'd join their enemies.
I hope that explains it.

[quote name='kongland' timestamp='1324537477' post='2883943']
A very wise man.
I don't get it - why such a bewilderement about netrality? In RL history Switzerland has been neutral for many centuries, but they fought against foreign aggressors - mostly Germans and their soldiers were one of the best in the world. Even Pope has had Swiss guard in the last centuries and still does have them.

So, I don't understand - is it the lack of knowledge or ...what?

Regarding the neutrality in TE that means, that we don't belong to any exsisting blocks. Of course they do exsist. That's where all the hate and big grudges exsist. People are getting mad at each other instead of having fun. A self-destructive course of actions.

We'll try to maintain our neutrality as long as possible.

However, if one of the blocks will try to harass and bully Citadel, of course we'd join their enemies.
I hope that explains it.
[/quote]

to further clarify, if you were left alone by all other alliances all round, would you not declare war on anyone else for the entire time?

Edited by lazaraus45

[quote name='lazaraus45' timestamp='1324577690' post='2884140']
to further clarify, if you were left alone by all other alliances all round, would you not declare war on anyone else for the entire time?
[/quote]
I think he means me.

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1324578793' post='2884148']
I think kong means neutral politically, tho he can answer that best of course.
o7 KONG KONG KONG!

That last remake was still a good movie lol
[/quote]
Spot on, Clash

[u][/u][quote name='paul711' timestamp='1324579557' post='2884152']
I think he means me.
[/quote]
Paul you spend too much time in in this thread for a man, who proudly declared: "I'm not interested neither in you nor in your alliance"

Wth is happening?

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1324443286' post='2883088']
As for last round, I was in nuke anarchy due to PS, and by the day I got out you three were already all hitting Stoopid Ace, so what was I to do, take the fourth slot? Please.

Concerning this round: it was never stated to me the size of the alliance that could be raided, and I only followed the example of a LoSS member (a white team alliance which is friendly to you). Your rules are not flexible. As you said, you kicked me for resigning as Officer (and not before that). That shows just how much you expect from people while giving nothing in return. You didn't consult the other officers, or asked members about what they ever thought. All you wanted was for me to use your forums and not google docs or ingame or whatever the case may be. And you were very rude at that: "just do it please or you're out, it's not a request". Those are your words.

And you probably shouldn't make sweeping generalizations. I have never talked with Paul before, but he seems to share the same opinion of you. And you are the first person I've met that has demanded so much (remember, I just came back to TE) and allowed so little. I'm not saying anything bad about Citadel as an alliance, but about your policies regarding members who don't agree with you. Like you said, our opinions aren't always the same. The solution? Kick me from your alliance.

As for the assertion that I do this because I'm a selfish flag runner... Well, that has never been and never will be true. I do not seek the flag.
[/quote]

I think the evolution of the events was the best for both the Alliance and Lehran (absolute incompatibility)!

As a member of Citadel in some of the previous rounds (4 or 5 I think), I have wondered what attracted me here and I want it to share it with all of you, who decided to add yourselves in this Alliance from this round of CN/TE or you attent this meaningless discussion over the OWF.

In all previous rounds Citadel was a micro alliance of 5-10 nations (apart of its first round when a similar size has been achieved) and it is only in this round that through the efforts of its members (but especially the efforts of Kong we have been nearly doubled.

In Citadel even though the number of nations is not the critical point. It is not quite hard to attract many nations in an alliance and then to see them either orienting themselves some towards north, some towards south and some towards east or west, or to notice them shining with their inactivity during the round and then disappearing for the next round.

What we want to make our critical point for the growth and prosperity of this Alliance is the general rules, and the climate and culture of this Alliance.

As of the General Rules I think it is essential to include there the following:

1. Respect without hesitation to the Order of Command and to the other members of the Alliance.

2. Minimum Activity (Visiting Citadel Forums - if possibly daily - and studying the material there abour Alliance, Nation Building, Trading, Defense etc. and if possible also visiting irc Citadel channel at #Citadel or our public channel at #citadel-te).

3. Solidarity to the last pixel of our nation to our members who are in a defensive war and need our help.

As of the Citadel Culture:

1. We are here for friendship and fun.

2. We try to interact with the other members, to know them, to show us and to know us by the rest of the Alliance and so to start creating bonds among us. This way we will defend happily each other during the wars, we will trade easier and more efficiently, we will have nice time and we will want to meet again during the next round.

3. All of us we have - some people less, some people more - our ambitiousness and our personal goals for the game. At the depth of our minds we hope we will win the flag or we will get a nice experience with wars and we will be an exemplary nation. This is true and I am also thinking so as one of you, [b]BUT ALLIANCE GOALS SHOULD ALWAYS PREVAIL personal micro goals.
[/b]
I remember in one of previous rounds been hospitalised by another alliance and been actually used by their leaders to protect their bigger nations to make their life easier to get the flag. I was not alone in this experience and we did not object it - even though ot was so obvious [and unfair] - but we followed orders and we have honored where we came from.

That means that many times we have to sacrifice our growth or our nations' prosperity for the Alliance general good and for protecting one of us in need.

At the end of the day this is a game and we have to remember this always. Personal relationships and enjoying what we do, gaining the respect of our colleagues and their trust (not swallowing a pill but building it slowly day after day with our actions) and having fun is more important than some pixels in a game.

4. Having the above in mind it is easier to judge our every action before we do it.

- Does it help the Alliance general good and prosperity?
- Does it help my colleagues?
- Is it honorable for me and for me as a member of Citadel Alliance?
- How I want to be discussed behind my back - when I am absent - or to be remembered by the rest of our Alliance members and by our Allies or Enemies in wars (yes even them, they have to feel some of our beliefs and appreciate our solidarity and individual sacrifice of each one of us for the general good - then we will gain more members in the future)?

I think that the above explain why Citadel and Lehran were incompatible.

Lehran is a genious (no team) player and Citadel an Alliance that wants to build more on friendship, solidarity and trust among its members.

Good read, Alexandros.

However, I stress this again, I have no personal ambition to win the flag (or anything else). I left Citadel to join tW, which engaged me in nuclear war ASAP. My problem is simply this, as you have stated: following the command of one person without question.

I resigned not because Citadel impedes my flag running. That's not in the least true. Simply, I play TE for war, and that's what raids are. I proposed to kong in week 2 that we fight someone, but he claimed Citadel wasn't ready. That's alright. But I can't stress enough that I raided not for personal economic gain, but for some war. Same reason I joined tW. I only left Citadel because of what I perceived as excessive control and rudeness on kong's behavior. I know he doesn't agree with me - no need to argue about that lol.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Edited by NeoGandalf

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1324618635' post='2884618']
Good read, Alexandros.

However, I stress this again, I have no personal ambition to win the flag (or anything else). I left Citadel to join tW, which engaged me in nuclear war ASAP. My problem is simply this, as you have stated: following the command of one person without question.

I resigned not because Citadel impedes my flag running. That's not in the least true. Simply, I play TE for war, and that's what raids are. I proposed to kong in week 2 that we fight someone, but he claimed Citadel wasn't ready. That's alright. But I can't stress enough that I raided not for personal economic gain, but for some war. Same reason I joined tW. I only left Citadel because of what I perceived as excessive control and rudeness on kong's behavior. I know he doesn't agree with me - no need to argue about that lol.

[/quote]
I agree with Neogandalf on this one. OP has one rule activity during wartime. We don't make people study materials or visit the boards unless we are about to war. TE is played for fun and the fun part is fighting.

Good read, Alexandros.

[/quote]
Neogandalf.. PLEASE, just leave this thread alone and move on. Thanks

Good read, Alexandros.

[/quote]
No, it doesn't clear up. You didn't leave the alliance, you were sacked. It looks like you don't understand simple things.

The case had been seemingly settled and you keep screaming the same. Do you want to continue the Soap Opera to the very end, as your actions suggest and Cowboy is enjoying to watch or we finish it here and now?

Just tell me and I'll oblige. An incessant verbal waterfall...