Andorra Revolution

jesbro

[quote name='Domingo the Honored' timestamp='1323046170' post='2862802']
As for helping the Andorrans in their cause, it will be up to them to decided whether or not they accept it. As for our part in this, you can expect a large expeditionary force to be arriving unless circumstances either prevent it or make it so it is unnecessary. The naval blockade will likely not be broken. The ships protecting it are strong, and even if it were broken, the Mediterranean is unsafe and patrolled. Thus, it will be ignored. Aerial attacks and supply runs will be undertaken on the western coast of France. Thus, we may evade both the Mediterranean Sea and the naval blockade. It is a dangerous prospect, but our only option.

On a personal note, I will be leading the attacks should they be orchestrated. I'll be very pleased to meet my companions from Andorra and your organization on the field of battle.

-Mikhail Zherdev
High Chancellor of Defense
[/quote]

The Ancien Ligue has decided to support the intervention by sending Cyrantia a regiment of 5000 volunteers. Altough not as well equipped as most armies, these Francs-Tireurs may have some value in harrassing the enemy and sniping, with their somewhat outdated Berthiers. Additionally, we send 100.000 Vicidalian Ducats d'Or (about 3.11 tons of gold) to help finance this. The troops are under your command, if you think it is necessary, you can rearm them, but as you may know, our organisation is not an independent nation and our arsenal is limited.

The Aristocrat Collective

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]To: Simone Valentin[/b]

I rarely write directly to foreign leaders, especially one so brief for this world as yourself. However, I must say that I am highly amused by the turn of your glorious revolution. Please do explain to me how this violent suppression of Andorra's right to self-determination is compatible with the communist ideology. Surely, one who ostensibly believes in freedom and equality for all would not be so quick as to jump into an imperialist adventure.

The people of Andorra have spoken. Let them live their lives in peace, or be branded a hypocrite.

Signed,
Khonsu II, Emperor and Protector of Vasuda Prime and Lower Turkmenistan
Lord of the House of Hol'na

[quote]
To: Simone Valentin

I rarely write directly to foreign leaders, especially one so brief for this world as yourself. However, I must say that I am highly amused by the turn of your glorious revolution. Please do explain to me how this violent suppression of Andorra's right to self-determination is compatible with the communist ideology. Surely, one who ostensibly believes in freedom and equality for all would not be so quick as to jump into an imperialist adventure.

The people of Andorra have spoken. Let them live their lives in peace, or be branded a hypocrite.

Signed,
[/quote]

[i]**Reply**[/i]

[i]Monsieur,

The rebellion in Andorra is an unlawful move against the Sovereign Commune of France. These leaders who preach that they are being abused are only doing so because they have the most to lose in the redistribution of wealth to the lower classes. The Royal Family of Andorra had abandoned their people and in turn the Commune returned leadership not only to this region but to all of France. Now, these leaders who never spoke up during the actual Revolution are not attempting to curtail the momentum of Revolutionary Thought to restore the Old Regime. I am not a hypocrite for keeping my nation intact, you, Monsieur, are confusing hypocrisy with nationalism. There is and will only be One France.

If that makes me a hypocrite in your eyes, so be it.

I would assume however, since you are a man of morals and high standards that any 'rebellion' in your country will be given immediate freedom if they desire it away from the Central Government? Or do you not believe in the idea of 'The State' at all?[/i]

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1323070707' post='2863480']
The Republic of Texas offers no comment on the Andorran-Affair.
[/quote]
You're input into the discussion is highly appreciated. Please continue to add your unending wisdom on world affairs such as this.

[quote]Firstly, we of the Chancellery of Cyrantia appreciate your support. It may be true that Andorran independence is impossible, but we must do what we can. It may indeed be unwise to send a full fighting force to Andorra in the interest of self-preservation, but I will not take such a course of action. Indeed a full-sized Cyrantian expeditionary force will be mobilized for invasion if events do not change the situation. If the 1000 Peruvian soldiers will join us, we'd be honored to have them in our ranks.

Honor is not an issue here; it is the safety and independence of an oppressed nation. They will be massacred without protection. No leniency will be afforded to them, they are viewed as treasonous. That much is clear. This is why I cannot simply participate in a one-day stand against them. The moment our last evacuating transport and troop carrier leaves, the Andorran people will be swiftly destroyed. It will happen unless they are able to save themselves. Do what you will, send 1000 men, 10000, it makes a difference. Your support is appreciated and I certainly do hope you fare well.

-Sergei Aleksandrov[/quote]

[b]Reply:[/b]

You make a good point. I have spoken with the Director of the Provisional Government, and he agrees with your view. The Peruvian military task force will be increased to 5000 men, and its deployment increased to five days in Andorra. But, every battalion in that force of 5000 men will arrive slowly.

We currently only have 14 C-130's and they are cable of carrying only 1000 men (100 per C-130, and the other four are to be used for transporting ammunition and other supplies, while returning with civilians to Peru once refuelled and loaded). We shall see you in Andorra.

[b]Classified:[/b]

A further 4000 Peruvian veterans are being assembled for their deployment to Andorra. The Peruvian task force has been armed with the M4 carbine Assault rifle, AMT Hardballer pistol, and M67 fragmentation grenade. Each soldier wears a lightweight helmet (with a night vision device) and ballistic vest, covering a green camoflauged Peruvian military combat uniform. The task force has also been armed with a standard RPG rocket launcher and AT4 anti-tank weapon, for dealing with French armor. Each comapany is armed with three M2 Browning Machine Guns. The Peruvian task force will be led by General Agustin Alfonso.

To: Simone Valentin, Chairwoman of the Commune of France

I have heard recently of your revolution. Though our governmental ideologies could not be more distant, I wish to extend the possibility of aid in stamping out this rebellion. We like this as little as you, perhaps even less, given, of course that we are the "capitalist imperialist pigs", in the terms of the First Party in Russia. But revolution should not be encouraged - and rather diplomatic solutions strived for until the point of no return, and only then should revolution be attempted. I feel that the Andorran rebels did not even attempt to redress their grievances with the Commune of France.

To that end, I wish to offer you the use of the First Guards Division, our most elite and battle-hardened troops, as well as the Fifth Line Division, our para-capable light infantry force, to help with stifling the revolution.

I hope to recieve your reply.

Mara I,
Empress of the Imperium, Arch-Duchess of Alaska.

[b]CLASSIFIED[/b]

Edited by Mara Lithaen

[quote]
To: Simone Valentin, Chairwoman of the Commune of France

I have heard recently of your revolution. Though our governmental ideologies could not be more distant, I wish to extend the possibility of aid in stamping out this rebellion. We like this as little as you, perhaps even less, given, of course that we are the "capitalist imperialist pigs", in the terms of the First Party in Russia. But revolution should not be encouraged - and rather diplomatic solutions strived for until the point of no return, and only then should revolution be attempted. I feel that the Andorran rebels did not even attempt to redress their grievances with the Commune of France.

To that end, I wish to offer you the use of the First Guards Division, our most elite and battle-hardened troops, as well as the Fifth Line Division, our para-capable light infantry force, to help with stifling the revolution.

I hope to recieve your reply.

Mara I,
Empress of the Imperium, Arch-Duchess of Alaska.
[/quote]

**Reply**

[i]Madame,

By your tone I can barely judge whether you are supporting the Andorran's counterrevolution or my own. However, I will judge that you use the term revolution to any political upheaval, which I can ultimately accept. On the contrary, revolution should be encouraged, so long as it parallels with the philosophies of the People's Right.

Nevertheless, to fight a small nation such as Andorra, the Commune has sufficient supplies in which to conduct our war. However, given your interest in our policies. Perhaps I would be able to meet you and we could discuss how your Imperium and the Commune could build on a possible friendship.

Regards,

Simone Valentin
Chairwoman of the Revolutionary Party[/i]

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' timestamp='1323127038' post='2864486']
**Reply**

[i]Madame,

By your tone I can barely judge whether you are supporting the Andorran's counterrevolution or my own. However, I will judge that you use the term revolution to any political upheaval, which I can ultimately accept. On the contrary, revolution should be encouraged, so long as it parallels with the philosophies of the People's Right.

Nevertheless, to fight a small nation such as Andorra, the Commune has sufficient supplies in which to conduct our war. However, given your interest in our policies. Perhaps I would be able to meet you and we could discuss how your Imperium and the Commune could build on a possible friendship.

Regards,

Simone Valentin
Chairwoman of the Revolutionary Party[/i]
[/quote]

Madam Chairwoman,

Perhaps I should have been clearer. I was voicing my disapproval of the counterrevolution, and supporting - in a way - your own.

I think that such a meeting would be amenable, and would be interested in holding one in Illarion, or perhaps a place of your choosing.

Regards,
[i]Mara I,
Empress of the Northern Imperium, Arch-Duchess of Alaska[/i]

[b]"And so it begins."[/b]

Damion showed almost no emotions as the time for battle arrived. “As soon as her forces breach the city limits you are to open fire with the artillery units and once they make it to the first defense positions we will spring our first trap. If she wants Andorra so badly we are going to make her fight for it.”

The commanders and other rebels agreed, “Yes sir. We will go to our fighting positions.”

Damion, “All we need to do is hold out until the reinforcements from our allies arrive. Meanwhile we still have the defensive advantage so it will be a large uphill battle for them anyways, and we are going to make them fight for every foot. How many troops do we have left defending the city?”

Adrian, “Almost 100,000 sir. So they still outnumber us by a 4 to 1 margin, but we still have the defensive advantage plus with help from our allies we should be able to end this soon and get Simone to agree to give us our freedom and respect we deserve.”

[b]To: Mme. Valentin
From: Louise Françoise de Vicidalia, Auberge du Lion d'Or 10 Rue Nationale, 41120 Cellettes, Blois, France
[/b]
Mme. Valentin,

I know I can't ask you to stop the reannexion of Andorra. However, it should be pretty obvious that despite French superiority, there will be resistance. Not only openly, like the forces defending their independence at the moment, but also secret nationalist movements, as with every country that feels occupied. Insurgents will rise and as I doubt France trying to slaughter the Andorrans en masse, Vicidalia would offer again to open its doors. We don't know how Andorra may see this, but in case of a French victory, we guess that this way, at least Andorrans that disagree with communist thought can live under more convenient policies, while la France has not to execute them. If the Andorrans are French, then you should not kill them, if they aren't you should not annex them. For transport, we already have means of transportation in the region.

With regards,

[i]Louise Françoise I, Frande Princesse de Vicidalia[/i]

-----

Meanwhile, the ships with the 5000 Francs-Tireurs, loaded with oil, ammunition, supplies and a fervant monarchist spirit anchored in the waters of Cyrintia, waiting to help Andorra in its struggle.

The commander of the force Antoine Bardot sent out a message to Cyrintia.

"Here is the [i]Valois[/i]. We are the promised Vicidalian volunteers. We are awaiting further orders from Cyrintia now, as we were told they are in command of the intervention. Awaiting Reply."

[u]The Battle of Perpignan[/u]

The City of Perpignan extended out in every direction for about three miles, from the suburbs of Thuir and Baixas to the shores of the Mediterranean where the First French Fleet had assembled to offer no escape for the Andorrans holding the town. Having arrived days before, the Revolutionary Army had set up encampments circling the city, with three forward bases; to the direct west of the city in Ile-sur-Tet, to the northwest in Estagel, and to the direct north in Vingrau. From these bases, the Revolutionary Army had set up lines of artillery, frequenting the French Designed Petite-sur-Katherine Missile Launch system, (Katyusha Rockets). In addition to the land barrage that would take place first, the French Navy would also launch a barrage to weaken the defenders of the town before the main lines of soldiers would begin their march to occupy Perpignan, thus crushing the rebellion.

From his position in Ile-sur-Tet, General Jean-Marie Cadet looked out across the fields before the city and sighed. Beside him stood another man with slick black hair and piercing black eyes, Commissar Jacques-Léon Thibaud was the leading political officer of the Perpignan attack. Valentin had assigned one of these political agents to each regiment of the Revolutionary Army. They had full jurisdiction from Paris to make sure that the Party's orders were carried out to their fullest extent. "At times, General Cadet, you have to sacrifice the few in order to achieve the victory of the many."

Cadet looked over at the Commissar and shook his head. "I never got to ask you, Comrade Commissar. Did you perchance serve in the Alsace-Lorraine Campaign?"

"No, I'm afraid I did not. It was before my time."

"Then don't tell me how to conduct war." Cadet turned, "Colonel Pelay? Is there any word from Paris or from the defenders in Perpignan?"

"No General, our last orders were to attack if the resistance forces refuse to surrender."

"Very well. Relay the follow message to General Jovin, General Garnier, and Commodore du Foure: tell them to begin the barrage in earnest and ready the planes on the carrier ships. If the Andorrans try to launch any aircraft we'll be sure to shoot them down before they can make a mark on our forces. After the barrage, they have orders to begin the march to occupy the city." He turned back to the Commissar, "And I assume you've alerted Paris that we'll require more soldiers given the number that our reconnaissance has estimated. Much higher than fifty-thousand."

"Yes Comrade, it was arranged."

Cadet turned on his feet and bit his lip with his hands firmly behind his back. "Fire."

Upon command, the Petite-sur-Katherine Missile systems were engaged while the French Fleet, comprised of three arsenal missile ships open fired. Streams of white and gray smoke ran across the sky as a land and naval artillery barrage impacted the city of Perpignan. In the brightness of the day, the smoke rising from the explosions could be seen for miles as flashes of white, red, orange, and yellow cascaded against the buildings. From the suburbs of Baixas to the coast, fire reached towards the sky in a barrage that would last for over an hour. It would be a constant strike, wave after wave, hitting Andorran positions throughout the city. There would of course be civilian casualties, but the idea of war had been culminating for days, if not weeks by this point. Paris had given Andorra its chance, now it was time for the mother country to reclaim her rebellious child.

In addition to the barrage, the detachments of the French air force on board the carriers would ready themselves for any engagement with the Andorran air force. Air superiority was essential in making this battle move quickly and given the Andorrans seeming vigor to fight, it would be necessary to squash their resistance as quickly as possible.

Once the artillery barrage had ended over Perpignan, the second orders of the Revolutionary Army would be carried out. The three divisions arranged across the Perpignan landscape would send their vanguard regiments, marching forward in an arcing motion to cover the most ground between the three suburban hubs. This arc of sixty-thousand men stretched from Ile-sur-Tet to Vingrau, for a distance of about ten miles. The line would be terribly thin, but as the advance drew closer to the city center, the French would tighten their lines. In addition, reinforcements from the Second Revolutionary Army (OOC: Commanded by Mael) would also be immediately engaged, moving along the roads N116 and A9. Special attention would be paid to taking these roads and thus a regiment of five-thousand men was assigned as the vanguard for these advances. Together with armor support, they would be the first to engage the Andorran defenders.

---

[u][b]Revolutionary French Army -- Order of Battle[/b][/u]

Currently Engaged

2e Corps - General Jean-Marie Cadet (60,000)
1er Divison de Infantrie - Bertrand Meserve (20,000)
2e Division de Infantrie - Arnald-Joseph-Marie Meunier (20,000)
3e Division de Infantrie - Jeanne-Hortense Blondel (20,000)

1er Division de Cavalerie Armure - Joseph-Hugo Voisin (70)
2e Division de Cavalerie Armure - Fabrice Briand (70)
3e Division de Cavalerie Armure - Jacques Lecanu (80)

Reinforcements moving towards Perpignan

3e Corps - General Firmin Delarue (60,000 infantrie and 250 réservoirs)

---

Revolutionary French Navy -- Order of Battle

Contre-Amiral Gauvain-Marie du Four - [i]Jeanne d'Arc[/i] (Arsenal Missile Ship)
Capitaine Hélène Chenevier - [i]Madame de Pompadour[/i] (Arsenal Missile Ship)
Capitaine Joseph-Maxime Véron - [i]Rolande[/i] (Arsenal Missile Ship)
Capitaine Joseph Bailleul - [i]Elene[/i] (Amphibious Assault Ship)
Capitaine Arnaud Clemenceau - [i]Violette[/i] (Amphibious Assault Ship)

---

[quote]
[i]To: Mme. Valentin
From: Louise Françoise de Vicidalia, Auberge du Lion d'Or 10 Rue Nationale, 41120 Cellettes, Blois, France

Mme. Valentin,

I know I can't ask you to stop the reannexion of Andorra. However, it should be pretty obvious that despite French superiority, there will be resistance. Not only openly, like the forces defending their independence at the moment, but also secret nationalist movements, as with every country that feels occupied. Insurgents will rise and as I doubt France trying to slaughter the Andorrans en masse, Vicidalia would offer again to open its doors. We don't know how Andorra may see this, but in case of a French victory, we guess that this way, at least Andorrans that disagree with communist thought can live under more convenient policies, while la France has not to execute them. If the Andorrans are French, then you should not kill them, if they aren't you should not annex them. For transport, we already have means of transportation in the region.

With regards,

Louise Françoise I, Frande Princesse de Vicidalia[/i]
[/quote]

**Reply**

[i]Madame,

You continue make me out to be a monster that seeks only to slaughter the innocent, but may I remind you that the Andorrans chose to join our Commune. They made no sound when the Revolutionary flag fluttered over Paris, in fact many of the Andorran leadership now in opposition to my campaign talked about the glory of military investment and the glory of France. I am appalled that you think after this war ends I will execute civilians, those people in Perpignan are my brothers and sisters too, however they are held hostage by the Reactionaries. War is a terrible thing as innocents will undoubtedly die, but such sacrifices must be made for the preservation of the nation and the preservation of the Revolution.

You speak with idealism, which is good. But perhaps when the same problems befall your own country, you will understand why I act and seem like such a monster. Even you, Princess, hidden behind under your blush and rouge, under your perfectly curled hair, under your kind eyes, there is a monster waiting to come out. The longer you oppress her, I fear you may become the same autocrat you fear. Brutal, Ruthless, but very effective in leadership. Take my advice, do not criticize what you know you are.

-Simone[/i]

Mme Valentin,

I'm not making you out as humanities worst or evil incarnate, however, we just wanted to lessen the burden on France's shoulders. After all, one should not kill their brethren and no country should attempt to stray away of the path of the pious. But we cannot support our fellow francophones, if they don't let us. However, consider it still valid should you change your mind.

With Regards,
Louise Françoise I, Grande Princesse de Vicidalia

[quote]Dispatch from the United Federation of the East:

Per the Asian-Franco Pact, the United Federation of the East declares political support for France. Additionally any ship bound for rebel port carrying supplies, men, or aid of any sort save for neutral medical operating within the Pacific shall be a legitimate target of the United Federation of the East. We also hereby issue Letters of Marque on all maritime traffic assisting the Rebels. Argh.

That is all.

Signed:

Grand Vizier Wei Hai[/quote]

A second private dispatch was sent to the Chairwoman.

[quote]Madameoiselle Chairwoman,

I hope your Civil War is progressing favorably. The August Imperator spoke highly of you after your last visit to our country, and has instructed me to make my services available to you personally and your government generally. As an experienced commander and a man of many contacts, I hope that I can be of assistance in supporting your revolution. I have marched with both the current and previous Imperator's and have seen several revolutionary battles. Please let me know if you require my assistance either overtly or discretely. I am prepared to meet with you at any time.

Yours,

Comrade Quatre, Privy Councillor to the Imperator[/quote]

[center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fc/Seal_of_Texas_Secretary_of_State.svg/200px-Seal_of_Texas_Secretary_of_State.svg.png[/img][/center]

[size="5"][center]Announcement From The Secretary of State of[/center][/size]
[center][size="7"]The Republic of Texas[/size][/center]

The Republic of Texas does not support armed insurrection - that is easy to say.

However there are times in the course of human events when it becomes necessary for a region to declare sovereignty from it's protector. These times are very unique and require a certain criteria to be accepted as a legitimate and true revolution for the beliefs of the defending region and not just an attempt for a few to grab power above the rest.

The criteria for a legitimate revolution can be a very complicated thing to explain or say briefly however fighting for the unalienable rights of Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness can help justify revolutions. If a people are fighting for the obvious rights that every free society has then it is no doubt that said people are not only fighting for themselves or a rise to power, but the rights of everyone around them. When a man is willingly running into battle with a rifle and risking his entire future, even his life, then it is not questionable that the soldier is fighting a legitimate revolution for himself and his fellow man. Some communist nations have defended the unalienable rights. Many communist nations of the past and present have attacked the very rights that they do not administer, and their predecessor did not administer. These rights are not administered by any government or man. They are administered from God. However it is the choice of a nation to either defend or stand against these rights which every human being thrives for from the very moment of life.

I do not know whether this is a legitimate revolution or not - nor do I know for sure if Communist France whole-heartily wants to defend unalienable rights domestically. However and unfortunately, because of conflicting interest, neither side's word can be trusted over the other's until every bit of private information regarding this matter on both sides is released to this candid world which is something that may not happen in our lifetimes.

And so while I, on behalf of the Republic of Texas, can not say if we support France or Andorra, I can say that Texas supports the side which is fighting for the Unalienable Rights of the people and themselves.

Vive le peuple
Visca el poble

Matt Damon
[b]Secretary of State of The Republic of Texas[/b]

Edited by PresidentDavid

[b]Macau[/b]

Admiral Degrasse is bored. As the owner, commander, and spiritual overlord of the Ligurian Coastal Defense Force, or Ligurian Gun and Rod Club as it is known to some, he is in a tight spot. Not only he is bored, but his men are practically tripping over themselves with boredom. Just last week there were seven fights, three brawls, four prostitution rings broken up, and seventeen men arrested for drunken behavior in the nude.

"How in the world did seventeen of my sailors end up in a church naked and drunk?" the Admiral asks himself.

"No idea sir," his assistant Captain Roger Montecalm replies.

"Wasn't talking to you Roger, roger?" the Admiral snaps back.

"Roger sir, Roger!" the Captain responds.

"Very well, as long as you are here I might as well get some work out of you. Any offers of employment?" the Admiral asks.

"Letter of Marque fro..." the Captain tries to say as the Admiral cuts him off.

"We will take it, notify whoever is needed, bail all of our men out of prison, and put in an order for munitions, we sail in 12 hours," the Admiral barks.

"Sir, don't you want to know who the letter is from and who it is for?"

"DAMN THE TORPEDOES MAN! FULL SPEED AHEAD!" screams the Admiral back.

"Didn't that American..." The Captain once again tries to speak and is once again cut off.

"Go, fly like the winds and make my will be done," the Admiral says.

"Yes sir."

The Admiral calls up a file on his battered laptop that is labeled 'ORBAT, LIGURIAN ROD AND GUN CLUB' and opens it.

[quote]Order of Battle Ligurian Rod and Gun Club

4 Sea Fury Patrol Boat Tenders
- 2 Stinger Mounts
- 6 .50 Caliber Machine Guns
- 10 7.62 MM pintle mounts

* 2 MD-500 Defender Helicopters
* 4 Relentless Class Patrol Boats with Torpedo Mounts
- 1 Stinger Mount aft
- 2 .50 caliber Machine Guns
- 1 25 Chain gun Forward
- 2 ADSM Torpedoes

2 Replenishment Vessels
- 1 Quad 50
- 1 Stinger Mount

6 Hellfire Gunboats
- 1 stinger mount
- 1 40 MM Forward Mount
- 2 .50 Caliber Machine Guns

86 Legion Marines for boarding parties.

[/quote]

The Ligurian Rod and Gun Club begins to assemble for its deployment as the relentless whip of Admiral Degrasse drives them to their posts. His fury is known, his hunger for spoils legendary, and his war against boredom will know no limits in this campaign against whoever it is that it is against.

"You know, maybe I should figure out who I'm going after?" The Admiral says as he watches his sweating and swearing sailors at work. "Nah..."

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

To Mr. Matt Damon:

"Yes many Communist nations have violated the inalienable rights of people, so have many monarchies, so have many capitalist oligarchies posing as liberal democracies, so have republics of all sorts, military dictatorships. What is your point.

In North America one of your great 'liberators' George Washington who fought for illegal secession against Britain, claimed to be for the very ideals you just described. Yet he claimed to own other human beings as his property. There are plenty of dogmatic capitalist countries which claim to be for liberty, but force the working class into permanent wage slavery.

Do you judge every capitalist based on the Wage Slavery as espoused by fascist leaders like Ronald Reagan, who made war on the right for workers to organize and bargain before selling themselves? Do you judge ever 'democrat' on George Washington's support of actual slavery? If you do than bring these points up, otherwise stop trying to inject false hoods and invite false comparisons through the slight of hand."

-Grand Vizier Wei Hai

Edited by Triyun

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1323217084' post='2866409']
To Mr. Matt Damon:

"Yes many Communist nations have violated the inalienable rights of people, so have many monarchies, so have many capitalist oligarchies posing as liberal democracies, so have republics of all sorts, military dictatorships. What is your point.

In North America one of your great 'liberators' George Washington who fought for illegal secession against Britain, claimed to be for the very ideals you just described. Yet he claimed to own other human beings as his property. There are plenty of dogmatic capitalist countries which claim to be for liberty, but force the working class into permanent wage slavery.

Do you judge every capitalist based on the Wage Slavery as espoused by fascist leaders like Ronald Reagan, who made war on the right for workers to organize and bargain before selling themselves? Do you judge ever 'democrat' on George Washington's support of actual slavery? If you do than bring these points up, otherwise stop trying to inject false hoods and invite false comparisons through the slight of hand."

-Grand Vizier Wei Hai
[/quote]

To: Grand Vizier Wei Hai

Try rereading what the announcement was. I did admit that some communist nations have threatened the unalienable rights of people, but I did say that they did protect the unalienable rights of their people. I was not taking either side, if you read what I said.

And as far as what you say of President Washington - he was a man. He was flawed. He was not perfect. He was not God. He had high morals and lead a nation into becoming the greatest nation of it's time, however he made mistakes - just like every man has. Upon the death of President Washington, he set all of is slaves free. President Washington also let his younger slaves be educated, something not even accepted directly before the American Civil War. While any American can stick up for President Washington and say he was within the status quo of the time and that he did in fact not brutally treat his slaves like others - it is still true that George Washington was a man.

You are just a man. I am just a man. You and I are not perfect, nor was I or he. Nor was Joseph Stalin, Wu Zetian, or Sam Houston.
And so if you think I am trying to make a case that only communists threaten the Unalienable Rights which many different forms of government protect and threaten, then that is a fallacy. I do not know which side is fighting for the right side because I and you do not know all of the facts - only they do. I hope that satisfies you and I hope we wont need to use more of each other's time when we both have very pressing things to attend to.

Sincerely,

Matt Damon

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1323218234' post='2866453']
To: Grand Vizier Wei Hai

Try rereading what the announcement was. I did admit that some communist nations have threatened the unalienable rights of people, but I did say that they did protect the unalienable rights of their people. I was not taking either side, if you read what I said.

And as far as what you say of President Washington - he was a man. He was flawed. He was not perfect. He was not God. He had high morals and lead a nation into becoming the greatest nation of it's time, however he made mistakes - just like every man has. Upon the death of President Washington, he set all of is slaves free. President Washington also let his younger slaves be educated, something not even accepted directly before the American Civil War. While any American can stick up for President Washington and say he was within the status quo of the time and that he did in fact not brutally treat his slaves like others - it is still true that George Washington was a man.

You are just a man. I am just a man. You and I are not perfect, nor was I or he. Nor was Joseph Stalin, Wu Zetian, or Sam Houston.
And so if you think I am trying to make a case that only communists threaten the Unalienable Rights which many different forms of government protect and threaten, then that is a fallacy. I do not know which side is fighting for the right side because I and you do not know all of the facts - only they do. I hope that satisfies you and I hope we wont need to use more of each other's time when we both have very pressing things to attend to.

Sincerely,

Matt Damon
[/quote]

Mr. Damon,

Surely you must be joking. You are excusing George Washington owning slaves, by stipulating he set them free after his death. That is possibly the most laughable stretch of apologism I have ever seen. Actually think about that statement. What did George Washington need slaves for [i]when he was dead[/i]? He was after all dead. He enjoyed the material benefit of slave exploitation his entire life! This caveat would be hilariously laughable, if it did not expose the underlying prejudice of the writer, who clearly prefers to mythologize a Caucasian rather than stand up for the exploitation of far more Africans.

Further where did I see you bring up the past failures of ideals the rebels have proclaimed? You did not. You only focused on Communism. What of the rights neglected in rightist societies? The right to health care for the sick, the right to food for the hungry, the right to water for the thirsty? You ignore these. Instead your perpetuate the linguistic imperialism of the ultra-rightists. This is used to justify the exploitation of those who happen to share a different skin pigmentation to your own, who happen to be born into a more unfortunate lot than your own, and those who happen to worship a different god than your own. Your imperialist vocabulary and infantile exposure to a set of beliefs and ideologies not covered by your own dogmatic preconceptions have left you woefully ignorant and intellectually incapable of accurately reflecting on international relations which exist in a far wider spectrum of ideas than the ones which you're propagandist corporate media and politicized educational system expose you too.

You claim you are not choosing sides, yet you define liberties and rights in an imperialistic fashion. You try to define them without regard to actual materialist realities, and instead rely on mythology and cultism. Perhaps you should comment when you are ready to play in the big leagues.

-Grand Vizier Wei Hai

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1323219046' post='2866475']
Mr. Damon,

Surely you must be joking. You are excusing George Washington owning slaves, by stipulating he set them free after his death. That is possibly the most laughable stretch of apologism I have ever seen. Actually think about that statement. What did George Washington need slaves for [i]when he was dead[/i]? He was after all dead. He enjoyed the material benefit of slave exploitation his entire life! This caveat would be hilariously laughable, if it did not expose the underlying prejudice of the writer, who clearly prefers to mythologize a Caucasian rather than stand up for the exploitation of far more Africans.

Further where did I see you bring up the past failures of ideals the rebels have proclaimed? You did not. You only focused on Communism. What of the rights neglected in rightist societies? The right to health care for the sick, the right to food for the hungry, the right to water for the thirsty? You ignore these. Instead your perpetuate the linguistic imperialism of the ultra-rightists. This is used to justify the exploitation of those who happen to share a different skin pigmentation to your own, who happen to be born into a more unfortunate lot than your own, and those who happen to worship a different god than your own. Your imperialist vocabulary and infantile exposure to a set of beliefs and ideologies not covered by your own dogmatic preconceptions have left you woefully ignorant and intellectually incapable of accurately reflecting on international relations which exist in a far wider spectrum of ideas than the ones which you're propagandist corporate media and politicized educational system expose you too.

You claim you are not choosing sides, yet you define liberties and rights in an imperialistic fashion. You try to define them without regard to actual materialist realities, and instead rely on mythology and cultism. Perhaps you should comment when you are ready to play in the big leagues.

-Grand Vizier Wei Hai
[/quote]

"While any American can stick up for President Washington and say he was within the status quo of the time and that he did in fact not brutally treat his slaves like others - it is still true that George Washington was a man." I am guessing you did not receive that sentence in the reply. And Communism was one of the main subjects of the original text because France is communist. France is not a monarchy or conservative democracy. I apologize for not writing a ten page essay on each way of governing and each economic system to appease you. Also, if you consider "Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness" imperialist, then I can't imagine what your ideas of Freedom are. I am in Texas, in the West, and have my own opinions of Freedom and Liberty, you are in the East and have your own opinions. If you are truly so disturbed about my statement, then I suggest you file a complaint by calling the 1-800 to the President's office. If you have any further concerns then please contact my secretary Gena who will be happy to answer any questions you have.

I really would have expected more from an official of The United Federation of The East - but no man is perfect of course.

Good day, and God Bless.

Matt Damon

[b]To: The Government of Andorra

Andorrans, you are people with the right to live under the government you desire. Altough Vicidalia cannot help you much, know that we are acknowledging your desire and your fight. However, we have no way of reaching Andorra without getting the French Navy or Airforce to shoot us down. Therefor, all support more than acknowledgement of the cause would need Andorra to enable us to do so, by creating a safe route. Altough military action would be endangering our country, it is possible for us to either send further supplies in, should Andorra win this fight, as we however doubt that scenario to some degree, we also offer to take up any refugee that can make it to Vicidalian soil. Currently, we have merchand ships in Brest, which will soon leave for my lands. Sadly we cannot anchor in the Gulf of Biscaya or the Mediterranean, as we are without escorts.

For now, this is all I can do, offering a refuge for Andorrans, even if their homeland is occupied. It is not Andorra itself, but at least you would not be persecuted.

With regards,
Louise Françoise I, Grande Princesse de Vicidalia

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' timestamp='1323070505' post='2863475']
[i]**Reply**[/i]

[i]Monsieur,

The rebellion in Andorra is an unlawful move against the Sovereign Commune of France. These leaders who preach that they are being abused are only doing so because they have the most to lose in the redistribution of wealth to the lower classes. The Royal Family of Andorra had abandoned their people and in turn the Commune returned leadership not only to this region but to all of France. Now, these leaders who never spoke up during the actual Revolution are not attempting to curtail the momentum of Revolutionary Thought to restore the Old Regime. I am not a hypocrite for keeping my nation intact, you, Monsieur, are confusing hypocrisy with nationalism. There is and will only be One France.

If that makes me a hypocrite in your eyes, so be it.

I would assume however, since you are a man of morals and high standards that any 'rebellion' in your country will be given immediate freedom if they desire it away from the Central Government? Or do you not believe in the idea of 'The State' at all?[/i]
[/quote]

Ms. Valentin,

The Andorran people have not always been governed by the French state. They tolerated their status because the rulers of France provided them with satisfactory rights and quality of life. Now, the Andorrans have no guarantees that the new regime will respect their rights, either as individuals, or as a cultural group.

From the looks of things, it appears their fears were well-founded after all. I do enjoy your continuing hypocrisy, however. I would very much like to hear your thoughts on the compatibility of communism and the nationalism you so proudly trumpet as your reason for this war.

As to the protests in my own country, I have no ill will towards these individuals. Some of their grievances do have substance, and I am working to implement some much-needed solutions.

In response to your last question, I would hope that a devoted French nationalist such as yourself would be familiar with a certain quote:

"I am the state."

Signed,

Adrian could see how good Damion was when it came to military strategies. “You were right about them bombarding us first. Luckily most of our forces were ready and taking cover inside the buildings and other fortifications so casualties were minimal. They are moving in to “clean up” so we have them right where we want them.”

Damion answered. “Now is the time to strike. It is time to show Simone that we Andorrans are not some workforce to be pushed around. She has had many chances to end this and accept our independence but she refused, she has made the same mistake the British made 300 years ago with the Americans and now she will face the consequences for her actions.”

Adrian continued, “This is actually very similar to that as well. The Americans wanted independence but they were not given it so they rose up against the British. The only thing we are missing here is a Declaration of Independence.”

Damion answered again, “Well the Americans didn’t make theirs until a few months after the Battle of Lexington so we don’t have to make one right this second but we will soon enough, what we should worry about right now is surviving the battle. The Americans won their war, now we need to do the same.”

The forces which were hiding in the city opened fire on the French Troops that were coming into the city. To the Communist forces enemy fire would be coming from all directions and the Missile artillery that Damion had hidden near the center of the city would open up on the French Ground forces. People with RPG’s would fire on their tanks and other armored vehicles from the rooftops. In the eyes of the French Communist forces all hell would seem to break loose on them. As the ground forces began to engage each other the same would happen in the air, The Jets (Dassault Mirage 2000's plus a couple Dassault Rafale's) from the Andorran airbase south of the city would them engage the French Air forces to down as many of their air forces as possible. The Battle had begun. “They have given their chances to leave us alone, but they did not. Now they will die!”

As the vanguard battalions of the Revolutionary Army approached Le Soler, Baixas, and Saint-Hippolyte respectively the first signs of Andorran defense were displayed. The edges of the city would serve a proverbial fortress for the Andorrans, though the massive barrage which had occurred moments before would severely weaken the strength of this fortress. Buildings caught in the barrage would suffer heavy damage and it was almost impossible to imagine Perpignan not covered with the rubble of collapsing structures. In addition, the French strategy of moving in an arc pattern around the city, would prevent Revolutionary forces from being entrapped in the narrow streets. With this strategy in mind, the French would move slow, take single city blocks at a time, secure the suburban edges and then if necessary, bombard central Perpignan again if resistance was indeed heavy...

South of Baixas, a large field separated the Revolutionary Army from the town of Saint-Esteve, only a kilometer away from Central Perpignan. A company of French soldiers waited behind a trench as their captain surveyed the field in front of him. Bombs exploded in every direction as the sound of gears and engines buzzed from behind as the first French armor divisions began to make their way towards the front. The Company Commissar stood next to the lieutenant and nodded his head. "The rest of the army is proceeding, Captain Brideau, I think it is time we make our stance."

Brideau took another look through his binoculars. Through the smoke and ash rising from Perpignan, he could just barely make out the Andorran flag flying near the city center. "I can't believe it's so close."

"And there's only a hundred thousand men standing between us and that final victory." Said Commissar Loisel as he stood up to the men and women behind him holding their helmets and hats, waiting for the command to move. "Comrades! For many of you, this is your real first taste of warfare. I implore you, soak it in, relish in it. Today you stand before me men and women, but in hours and days time, you will return to your families and lovers as warriors, warriors of the Red Army! Only a kilometer away flies the Andorran Flag, that flag is everything that you fight against! It was the flag of the people who oppressed you! The flag of two insane monarchs who turned themselves into animals to defy the will of Nature! They seek to tear down the Commune you gave blood to see rise! Will you let them do it?"

"No!" Came a cheer from the company.

"Then follow your comrades into the fray. Do not retreat! Retreat is not an option! Retreat is path of the traitor, the coward and the Chairwoman will not allow for such acts. Traitors and cowards will be shot! Now go, and bring victory to our glorious Commune! Vive la France!"

"Vive la France!"

"Vive...vive la France." Said Herbert Richard as he adjusted her helmet and looked out the field in front of him. It was a nightmare of black soot and ash rising into the sky. With a trumpet fanfare, the first line of armored cavalry broke across the lines taking to the field, in front of them the village in front of the advance exploded into a barrage of Katherine Missiles that impacted against the ground. On the move the armored divisions would open fire against the ruined buildings and through there would be casualties the mixture of artillery and armor attack would keep most Andorran resistance pinned into their buildings and with any luck those same buildings would become their tombs.

When it was the company's turn, Herbert jumped up and adjusted his helmet one last time as his feet pounded across the field. The bullets whistled around him as he approached the hellish village in front of him.

"Faster Comrades! Faster! The flag will be ours!"

An explosion from an Andorran RPG knocked him back as the man in front of him exploded into a piecemeal of arms and legs. Stunned by the horrid sight, Herbert jumped quickly towards a hedgerow that lay at the beginning of the village, whilst other French soldiers headed into the town. He paused and took a breath, knowing that if a Commissar found him, he'd be killed for not moving. Then he heard a loud blast to his side and saw another French soldier duck her head behind the stone wall near the hedgerow. She turned to Herbert and gave a quick smile. "Halting your advance Comrade?"

"Into that death trap, I want to hold off for as long as I can." He said trying to catch his breath. "What company are you in?"

"Sicard's Company of Blondel's Division. Beatrix Saunier, at your service Comrade."

"Herbert Richard, we're in the same Division then, but I think you're right, we can't wait here. We need to start..." Suddenly the skies above the French positions lit on fire.

At the entrance of Andorran fighters into the battle, the French Amphibious Assault Carriers which were waiting off the coast of Perpignan were alerted to the movement. Three squadrons of F-35B launched off the [i]Roland[/i], the [i]Violette[/i], and the [i]Elene[/i], and the moment that the Andorrans would gain superiority of the skies, the French Air Force would be their to challenge them. In addition, from the Andorran launch into the air, the French artillery turned their sights onto the airbases, in hopes of destroying the Andorran planes which had not yet taken off and eliminating the chance of the planes returning to refuel or recover.

Seeing the company continue its advance through Saint-Esteve towards Perpignan, Herbert and Beatrix fixed their helmets and shouldered their rifles, joining their comrades in the fray.