Longest standing treaty in CN?

Reptyler

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1322946347' post='2860902']
I would argue that they are different treaties. Semantics? Yes, but there are no doubt current military treaties that were upgraded from ToA-or-lower treaties that precede the TOP-IRON MDP as well (one could argue that ToAs/PIATS are ODPs depending on how they are worded, at least ToAs and PIATS in the old days).
[/quote]
No matter the way you look at it TOP/IRON have held an MDP level treaty since July 2007.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1322943363' post='2860869']
Yeah, so it seems. SF! was created on Sept. 7th 2007, so that would make it both the oldest military treaty and bloc.
[/quote]
Yeah, but dating bloc treaties is complicated by the constant change in roster. For SuperFriends, the only remaining original member is RIA.

On that note, is the Orange Unity Treaty (Apr. 23, 2007) still active? Wiki says it is.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1322963766' post='2861246']
Yeah, but dating bloc treaties is complicated by the constant change in roster. For SuperFriends, the only remaining original member is RIA.

On that note, is the Orange Unity Treaty (Apr. 23, 2007) still active? Wiki says it is.
[/quote]
Active isn't a word I would use to describe it as.

Also the IRON/NPO nap has been in existence since early 2006, although as mentioned it got updated in 2007.

[quote name='Shan Revan' timestamp='1322966077' post='2861298']
Active isn't a word I would use to describe it as.

Also the IRON/NPO nap has been in existence since early 2006, although as mentioned it got updated in 2007.
[/quote]

Heh, I remember coming over to Iron asking if it was still active because no one at NPO knew and it turned out no one at Iron knew either. :wacko:

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1322963766' post='2861246']

[/quote]

Ah very true. Likewise, while OUT may not be literally active... it's still an active treaty nonetheless.

OUT is gone.

The TOP/IRON MDP, signed in early July of 2007, is the oldest defense-level treaty in the game. RnR/FOK, signed one month later, ranks in at #2. If you want to argue that the oA upgrades date the treaties from later on, then do so, but you'll make yourself sound pretty silly. An MDP relationship is an MDP relationship. An upgrade only increases the strength of that relationship.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1322946730' post='2860912']
Last time we did this, wasn't it a NADC/CCC/MCXA treaty?
[/quote]

I think it was the GOD - TOH (The Order of Halsa). Not long after that TOH disbanded iirc so the 'title' would have been passed on, to who, I'm not entirely sure.

But then I think there was argument regarding that one too, and if it counted as being the longest because GOD was formed by a merger of two, at the time, MDP partners of TOH (IBC and DLP). We'll argue about anything here, heh.

Edited by Phetion

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1322966469' post='2861305']
Heh, I remember coming over to Iron asking if it was still active because no one at NPO knew and it turned out no one at Iron knew either. :wacko:
[/quote]
Its THAT old :P

IRON-TOP is probably the oldest MDP level treaty active.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1323046361' post='2862805']
There's some weird NPO treaty having to do with copyrights or something, anyone remember that?
[/quote]
I think so, yes. Sir Paul posted it? Wow, that was ages ago. Did anyone actually sign that? I thought it was more of a policy than a treaty.

edit: [url=http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=75784&hl=]this one?[/url]

Edited by Doitzel

The current version of the GPA DoN dates back to 2009, but the original one is from August, 2006. I wouldn't consider them the same treaty but as there's continuity between the (AFAIK, 3) versions, I thought it deserved to be mentioned here.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1323091585' post='2863642']
The one where if you wore their flag in-game without permission they'd attack you?
[/quote]
Nope, this one:
[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1323096414' post='2863671']
I think so, yes. Sir Paul posted it? Wow, that was ages ago. Did anyone actually sign that? I thought it was more of a policy than a treaty.

edit: [url=http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=75784&hl=]this one?[/url]
[/quote]
Tada! That's the one, though it looks like even July 2007 isn't as old as some of the others mentioned in this thread.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1323099092' post='2863701']
The current version of the GPA DoN dates back to 2009, but the original one is from August, 2006. I wouldn't consider them the same treaty but as there's continuity between the (AFAIK, 3) versions, I thought it deserved to be mentioned here.
[/quote]
If TOP is going to insist that a MDP-relationship is the same as the treaty even if the treaty is different, then GPA wins oldest treaty.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1323099583' post='2863707']If TOP is going to insist that a MDP-relationship is the same as the treaty even if the treaty is different, then GPA wins oldest treaty.[/quote]
Well, I'll have to disagree with that. If the meaning changes it's another treaty, and why change the wording if the meaning was the same?

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1323100102' post='2863710']I don't think the DoN is a treaty. It's more an unilateral declaration.[/quote]
I consider it a treaty and not just an unilateral declaration, mainly because people sign it and they are then bound to it as well. I can live with your POV too, though.

[spoiler][size=1][color=grey][ooc][/color][/size] [b]Edit:[/b] why is this thread in WA, anyway?... :unsure: [size=1][color=grey][/ooc][/color][/size][/spoiler]

Edited by jerdge

The oldest treaty of actual political/military significance (i.e. not a NAP or a PIAT or something inconsequential when it comes to drawing lines, and fighting wars) may well be the UMB-Sparta MDoAP. November 13th, 2008. More than 3 years ago now.

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1323099583' post='2863707']
If TOP is going to insist that a MDP-relationship is the same as the treaty even if the treaty is different, then GPA wins oldest treaty.
[/quote]
Actually, it still may not be. It cuts pretty close to that RIA-TTK NAP

TFD's

May 25, 2009 The Sweet Oblivion PIAT/ODP

July 18, 2009 North Atlantic Treaty Organization MDoAP/DM

The second one has been in effect at other levels (ODP, MDP, MDoAP) since mid 2008. I don't know the exact date as it's on the old forums and I was elsewhere at the time.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1323189971' post='2865750']
TFD's

May 25, 2009 The Sweet Oblivion PIAT/ODP

July 18, 2009 North Atlantic Treaty Organization MDoAP/DM

The second one has been in effect at other levels (ODP, MDP, MDoAP) since mid 2008. I don't know the exact date as it's on the old forums and I was elsewhere at the time.
[/quote]

TFD has MDP-level relations with NATO since Jul 6 2007