A quick question from a forum-newbie...

Mara Lithaen

I am fairly sure I've missed it somewhere, but I've been going through a lot of threads and guidelines and factbooks (some very well written/parsed out and impressive, I might add!) and one term that's kept popping up is "CNRP". I figure this stands for CyberNations RolePlay(ing?). My question is - what do I need to do to join it? Declare my nation, make sure my land spot is free or that someone's willing to cede a little bit (or pick a new spot, though I'm partial to Ireland/Scotland), and post a factbook? Or is there more?

Thanks for your time and hopeful for some insight,
Mara

Well, normally, you need a nation in CN, then you need to get a bit of land on the map. Best chances are with land that has a [Free Nat.] there, as it means the people are willing to give it to new ones. Protectorates are up to the protector to cede, but just ask them. To take land from a nation proper is a bit harder and recquires to ask them and them to be willing to cede the land. Here it really is up to the individuals, as some might cede a bit, some don't cede it under no circumstances. Afterwards, you just need a Declaration of Existence, a Factbook would be clarifying how your nation is run.

To contact people send a PM or go to #cnrp on IRC. That's what I think is the right way, but I'm no veteran.

Thank you. I have a nation, and... ah, here we go. [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=361793"]Nation Screen[/url]

I have played CN for over two years now, and it looks like Ireland/UK is taken. I shall have to talk to people in the morning, but that brings me to another question - what is the CN IRC server? Or at least, what server are the channels on?

You'll see stuff like "German Protectorate" or "Rebel Army Protectorate". For that you'd need to talk to the owner of the land in order to obtain it. Don't worry about asking, people are very friendly to newbies. I'd recommend getting yourself started up in either Africa or South America if you want in "nownownow".