MHApparatus Announcement

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I know that you're thoroughly enamored with the founding date of your alliance it has nothing to do with anything I said at all. Saying your alliance was around longer than my nation was created has no relationship to anything I've mentioned at all. Disregarding of course the fact that it hasn't been.

Why should I celebrate that the first treaty that my former alliance signed is with an alliance that openly attempted to poach from its ranks?
Sorry, not how I operate.

This incident isn't terribly old, only a month at most, and I think is relevant considering.
I haven't noticed where members whom were poached by members of The Apparatus landed, they are traitors to begin with, to me that is less relevant than repeated attempts to do such.
I merely made a comment about how interesting it was that the two of you would sign a treaty. I wonder if future acts of aggression will result in a treaty for my former alliance.

[quote]
Perhaps settled already by our great Professor, but you should be enlightened on the detail that the definition of poach is the deliberate act of recruiting a member from a recognized alliance affiliation. By this account, our situation negates your argument, and leaves you with no alternative but to simply congratulate the MHA and Apparatus, and be on your merry way. For that, we thank you. [/quote]

Are you denying that a member of The Apparatus never attempted to poach a member of the Mostly Harmless Alliance? Or are you saying that a member attempted to poach members of the Mostly Harmless Alliance without having the IC tag "The Apparatus," while sending them? Please let me know which of these false conditionals you wish me to address.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Randalla' timestamp='1322898942' post='2860403']
Hey, so you're that Myth fellow everyone seems to love so much around here. I can see why!

You know, if you hadn't been so busy chasing your own fellow members out of your former alliance with that winning personality of yours, there would never have been any issue between our two alliances in the first place.

In a way, I suppose I should thank you for bringing MHA and The Apparatus closer together. Thank you. :wub:
[/quote]

I see. Had I not forced other members of the Mostly Harmless Alliance to resign from the alliance and join other alliances, and then attempt to poach from the Mostly Harmless Alliance you would've never been able to sign a treaty after your alliance enabled not one, but three seperate acts of aggression towards MHA.

I'll accept payment in tech, thank you very much.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1322899186' post='2860412']Are you denying that a member of The Apparatus never attempted to poach a member of the Mostly Harmless Alliance? Or are you saying that a member attempted to poach members of the Mostly Harmless Alliance without having the IC tag "The Apparatus," while sending them? Please let me know which of these false conditional you wish me to address.
[/quote]

I deny that any member of The Apparatus Government poached a member of the Mostly Harmless Alliance. I deny that a full, integrated member of The Apparatus poached a member of the Mostly Harmless Alliance. One member of MHA joined us, and brought with him two others. Not the doing of the General Assembly, who are fully tutored in alliance policies.

You just run along now, and play with your friends....if you have any.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1322899623' post='2860418']
I motion to ignore Myth.
[/quote]

I second this motion.

edit: MAX Y U SAY THIS THINGS!?

Edited by King Ernie

[quote name='Maximillian' timestamp='1322899547' post='2860417']
I deny that any member of The Apparatus Government poached a member of the Mostly Harmless Alliance. I deny that a full, integrated member of The Apparatus poached a member of the Mostly Harmless Alliance. One member of MHA joined us, and brought with him two others. Not the doing of the General Assembly, who are fully tutored in alliance policies.

You just run along now, and play with your friends....if you have any.
[/quote]

Right. Because they were just new members who knew nothing about CN, and because they had recently joined The Apparatus were not responsible three (of the known instances,) let alone one blatant acts of aggression towards the Mostly Harmless Alliance. This fact interests me because I believe it has been misrepresented elsewhere. Thanks for the ad-hominem address, I'll take that as an indication you no longer wish to discuss the facts and given that your argument has changed from "No member of The Apparattus committed acts of aggression against MHA," to "Well, a member or two members [u]may [/u]have attempted to poach members of MHA x amount of times, but they were still getting integrated into the alliance so (throws hands up.)" and "Maybe if I shout loud enough he'll go away?" I think my point has been made.

Well, that's their decision to make now. Just hope this sort of logic isn't permenant.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1322899289' post='2860414']
I see. Had I not forced other members of the Mostly Harmless Alliance to resign from the alliance and join other alliances, and then attempt to poach from the Mostly Harmless Alliance you would've never been able to sign a treaty after your alliance enabled not one, but three seperate acts of aggression towards MHA.

I'll accept payment in tech, thank you very much.
[/quote]

Aside of the fact that I am indeed enamored with the longevity of my alliance, our experiences, and the fun we've had together -- I am told that I too must refrain from being "angry" with you anymore.

Your ineptitude brought us together. We should have called this the Mostly Mythical Apparatus treaty... we are under the impression that the wave of people who left, left because of you. And it's not poaching if we didn't ask for it. And please elaborate on these "acts of aggression" you, not being gov, had so much knowledge of?

You know what they say about voting with your feet. You can deny you were the reason they left of their own free will all you like. Fact is, we didn't know the people who left MHA before they left, and we had never really chatted with MHA folks but once or twice in years, very briefly at that.

One of those "traitors" as you say even returned to MHA after you were unceremoniously tossed out on your ear. That should tell you how unbearable you apparently were there, but I have a feeling it goes in one ear and out the other with you.

So considering all that hot air occupying that space was what caused our folks to get to know each other while we were diplomatically resolving the issue you're still apparently sore about, come on up and get your cookie. :ehm:

[quote name='Phaedron' timestamp='1322899956' post='2860427']
Aside of the fact that I am indeed enamored with the longevity of my alliance, our experiences, and the fun we've had together -- I am told that I too must refrain from being "angry" with you anymore.

Your ineptitude brought us together. We should have called this the Mostly Mythical Apparatus treaty... we are under the impression that the wave of people who left, left because of you. And it's not poaching if we didn't ask for it. And please elaborate on these "acts of aggression" you, not being gov, had so much knowledge of?
[/quote]

Actually, at the time I was a government member of the Mostly Harmless Alliance, as a Retired Triumvir acting in Government Advisor capacity.
I don't care if people left MHA because of me or how they perceived my leadership abilities. The fact of the matter it is my leadership ability that has kept the alliance safe from harm and has increased their capacity that previously was non-existant. Its lasting treaties and structure that it will continue to use has my paw-prints all over it. In addition, I made a quip about how I bet I could get one of your members to poach a member of the Mostly Harmless Alliance, after two (note, known,) cases had been brought about and it was guarenteed there was no more. Your member solicited me without prompting and suggested I quit my job within the alliance or leave it entirely. This incident is important to me because the current leadership has lied to its members and has refrained from allowing what has really happened to be revealed to them, first removing me from the alliance and banning me and denying me the opportunity to speak with any members in its public channel. I know quite a bit about your acts of aggression towards the Mostly Harmless Alliance , and hitherto, it's only slightly insulting personally that my former alliance would choose to sign a treaty with yours given the facts.

But no one will dare dispute those with me, I bet.

Kudo's for silencing those who would defend MHA. Time will judge you more than I have already.

Also, I'm glad you're no longer mad at me. It was tearing me up.

Edited by IYIyTh

Alright, it was amusing getting to know the infamous "Myth" I've heard talk about, but this:

[quote]I know quite a bit about your acts of aggression towards the Mostly Harmless Alliance...[/quote]

... is laughable at best.

I'll put MY reputation against YOUR reputation any day of the week.

Now, back to our previously scheduled round of celebratory nutsybolts. :D

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1322900365' post='2860431']
[toomuchstuff]
[/quote]

While I don't care who you are, what you were , or what you did, I don't appreciate you coming here to make a "scene" and try to slander my alliance, much less the one you seem to care so much about (if you didn't, you wouldn't be posting so much, eh?). Sure there was a minor issue, misunderstandings and mis-communications, but we handled it as we should have- that's why we're Gov still, and you're not.

A suggestion to you; either make a viable point, or leave.

I'll take payments of Land.

:wub: -Ernie.

[quote name='Randalla' timestamp='1322900896' post='2860435']
Alright, it was amusing getting to know the infamous "Myth" I've heard talk about, but this:

... is laughable at best.

I'll put MY reputation against YOUR reputation any day of the week.

[/quote]

You can continue to laugh but unless you are going to challenge anything I've said as being non-factual the "reputation," gag doesn't really apply in this instance.
It has happened, and as your members and/or government seemed to have begrudgingly admitted happened more than once. Unless you are going to deny this please take aim at my commentary rather than ad-hominem argumentation.

Thanks.

[quote name='Randalla' timestamp='1322900896' post='2860435']I'll put MY reputation against YOUR reputation any day of the week.

[/quote]

Randalla for President, 2012? I think yes.

Ashes to ashes, and apples to apples.

Myth are you done ranting? You are no longer a member of our alliance, while you do have opinions that you are entitled to, obviously our two alliances worked out the early kinks to be at this stage.

Edited by Proest

[quote name='King Ernie' timestamp='1322900957' post='2860436']
A suggestion to you; either make a viable point, or leave.

[/quote]

I made my point and was called all sorts of names by your ilk, challenged about my seniority in the game or some other nonsense as well.

My point is that I'm disappointed that this treaty would be signed because of those previously stated incidents, and hope in the future my former alliance does not continue to sign treaties with alliances that repeatedly harm it. While you may have claimed this to be an isolated incident and is done and over with now, the facts that I have stated have been disputed by both parties of this treaty, which does in fact interest me.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1322901185' post='2860442']
Myth are you done ranting? You are no longer a member of our alliance, while you do have opinions that you are entitled to, obviously our two alliances worked out the early kinks to be at this stage.
[/quote]

Good Cuba,

I have merely stated my opinion on my former alliance signing with an alliance that attempted to poach members from its ranks at least three times in the past month. You know very well why I have interest in having these facts confirmed as they are contrary to what has been presented elsewhere.

I have not been afforded the opportunity to have them addressed elsewhere so here will suffice.

Now that I have them confirmed I will take my leave, unless someone feels they need to further address those points or my nations seniority or "amiability, :gag:" is questioned.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote]I have not been afforded the opportunity to have them addressed elsewhere so here will suffice.[/quote]

I start to sound like a broken record after so many times, but like others who don't bother to take the time to come and talk with me in person, you could very well have come to me privately to address your concerns, as well.

I could give you all the details you could possibly want, if you cared enough to straighten out those "facts" of yours. Instead, you insist on accusing us of repeatedly harming MHA (pun somewhat intended). We've done nothing of the sort, and have no reason or interest in harming anyone. Obviously the current MHA government and membership agrees with us, and we're happy to count the MHA among our friends.

And that is all she wrote. If you're *truly* concerned, come up and see me some time. Till then, have a fantastic night. :lol1:

I can't believe we've wasted all this time arguing with someone who has nothing to do with either alliance instead of you know, telling everyone about our fake (double fake) secret plans for world domination.

First task? Roll Asgaard... then I think I will provide my nation with some beer to celebrate. Suggestions?

o7 ASG -- love you guys

Edited by Phaedron