An Idea to attract and retain new players

Sabcat

[quote name='Dexomega' timestamp='1323020468' post='2862357']
I've seen a variant of these named Feeder Alliances.

They are very hard to do correctly and even worse when the "Pilot" (i.e. leader) would selectively steer recruits to one alliance or another.

Eventually they'll just start a war over something. They'll make some alliance mad, that alliance will overreact and kill them, etc.
[/quote]

How is this a bad thing? :mellow:

It might be possible to have like a safe-haven for noobs alliance that was given special privileges by Admin. You could stay on it until maybe 10k NS (at which time you'd be kicked out automatically, with a warning given at 9k NS, and a notification given at the time of removal), couldn't be attacked at all (and can't attack), and nobody could ever join it. It would come up as an option for noobs to either join that alliance or be unaligned or choose one of the alliances we already have, with the perks of the alliance in question being given at the time of nation creation. And of course, it would replace the free peace mode that noobs already get. If you put it in-game like that and have it as a feature, it's much more likely to be successful.

Of course, I don't like the idea at all and want to keep things the way they are now, but that's just an example/brainstorm of sorts that I think would be more successful than a player-based initiative. The whole point of established alliances is protection, and nobody who has just made their nation is really in danger of much of anything until they start building for a week or two.