Why don't you go rogue?

Aeternos Astramora

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though smaller nations need alliances for protection, brotherhood, and aid as you progress in the game you find that you don't need one cuz they often hold bigger nations back with all their rules and politics. So once you hit say 25,000 NS you should go rogue or start your own alliance.

Edited by GNC1700

[quote name='GNC1700' timestamp='1322580141' post='2855833']
Even though smaller nations need alliances for protection, brotherhood, and aid as you progress in the game you find that you don't need one cuz they often hold bigger nations back with all their rules and politics. So once you hit say 25,000 NS you should go rogue.
[/quote]

You're a genius.

Going rogue is not really my style, besides the people I would really want to hit (Like for example FinnishCommie) are well out of my range because they are filthy infra huggers.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1322562480' post='2855764']
What a silly idea. Pingu would be the most boring war ever. Even if he remembered to log in during those 7 days.
[/quote]
Indeed!

The only down side is losing full access to your community, but this isn't so bad when you start spending most of your time in OT areas and could really care less about what is happening in the game. The politics in CN these days bore me and I just want to have some fun while blowing !@#$ up and collecting my new favorite stat, casualties.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1322588698' post='2855893']
When I quit, I'm going to take the three or so months to unload all my tech and whatever portion of my WC that I can to the rest of my alliance. I'd rather keep my alliance strong than ruin someone else's day.
[/quote]

Good idea! Send your tech out to people who are just going to go inactive and delete anyway. :P Better to destroy other people while they still care about this game.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1322589702' post='2855911']
Good idea! Send your tech out to people who are just going to go inactive and delete anyway. :P Better to destroy other people while they still care about this game.
[/quote]
Note to self: Cross Vlad off of 'to recieve tech' list.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1322550530' post='2855670']
Because it's pointless. If I really want to $%&@ someone up in this world I can do a lot worse to them than using my nation to attack theirs, alone.

Even if I had a million tech and a trillion dollar warchest I would be a lot more likely to use it to coerce and achieve political ends than crudely smash my enemies.
[/quote]

A very accurate assessment, and one I can agree with.

My own personal reason is that I simply can't be arsed enough to care about going rogue.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1322551389' post='2855689']
I have been saving up to go rogue for a couple of months. The people I'm hitting including Proximus, Pingu, Cortath, that Kevin guy from NSO and half of TIO. And possibly these silly Solitude folks but they are a bit small to bother with.
[/quote]

I'm waiting sweetheart.