"One Party! One People!"

Sarah Tintagyl

[quote]

[i][u][size="5"][center]By Order of the Revolutionary Party[/center][/size][/u]

[center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4c/Fleur_de_lys_%28or%29.svg/220px-Fleur_de_lys_%28or%29.svg.png[/img][/center]

Comrades,

With our victory over the Monarchists it is necessary that French reforms continue to make our Commune a strong and stable state on the European Continent and in the world. Thus, the following reforms have been approved by the Revolutionary Assembly and are to be enacted immediately:

All former commanders who once served in the Monarchist Military are welcomed to return to service in the Revolutionary Army. We understand that your loyalty may be in question with the recent resignation of the Monarchs and the grievous insults put forth by members of France's Press. I assure you that these are untrue and to show my eternal appreciation for those who have served and continue to serve in France's military, upon returning, you will be offered a one year bonus for your service. In addition, the following positions have been assigned to loyal supporters of the Revolution:

Minister of Defense - Louis-Henri Bellec
Marshal of France - Jérome Vernier
Admiral of France - Emilien Avenier
Air Admiral of France - Joseph Bonnevie

I have put my faith in these men to maintain the Revolution during its most critical period and now I ask that they continue to fulfill their duty to France as the Commune continues down the road of prosperity and expanding prestige.

In addition, I ask the various territories of France, those administrators in the west and in Andorra to give their estimated number of men and women who are able to serve in active duty for the various branches of the French Armed Forces. A mandatory training service will be placed into effect for all men and women between the ages of 18 and 30. You will receive your orders from local prefect offices and should report to training. Mandatory service for the Armed Forces however will remain at one year, however, those between the prior stated ages much continue to go to training seminars in preparation of global threats that may push against our Commune.

Furthermore, while government bonuses will be given for those courageous individuals who volunteer in their nation's military, special attention will be paid for the furthering of French Research, both military and domestic, and the advancement of French culture through writing, art, music, architecture, etc. Our nation, since the beginning of our history has prided itself as being one of the cultural centers of the world and simply because of our shift in ideology does not mean that we must look at our past as sinful. The Ancient Regimes of France boasted magnificent art and music and we must do our best to emulate and create our own niche in the history of French Art. Scholarships will be awarded to those citizens who demonstrate inherent creative ability and a series of conventions will be hosted by the government in Paris and Bordeaux to foster cultural advancement in the Commune.

Vive la Commune,

Simone Valentin
Chairwoman of the Revolutionary Party[/i]
[/quote]

The announced mobilization and cultural push was well received. Local administrations sought to implement the reforms with the guidance of the new government and following the established guidelines provided. The French military ranks would swell and there were many applications for scholarships and grants based on the cultural reforms.

[quote]
[center][size="5"][i]
By Order of the Revolutionary Party[/i][/size][/center]

[size="4"][center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4c/Fleur_de_lys_%28or%29.svg/220px-Fleur_de_lys_%28or%29.svg.png[/img][/center][/size]

[i]Comrades,

Recently it has come to my attention of discontent on our southern border, primarily around the region that was once the Vassal State of Andorra. This greatly saddens me that there are those still holding on to their chains of Monarchism. As I have mentioned previously, much like my predecessors, civil protest will be encouraged, but any acts of sedition and the possibility of secession will be crushed ruthlessly. While there have been no active movements of rebellion, rumors are enough to spark concern and such, two regiments of the Revolutionary Army will be dispatched to the Andorra Region to help quell any potential rebellion against the Party.

For the sake of France, I implore those who seek to destroy the greatness that the Party has inspired to cease your actions. Your immaturity is only keeping our country away from its true greatness.

Vive la Commune,

Simone Valentin
Chairwoman of the Revolutionary Party[/i]
[/quote]

[code]

TO: Gilbert Labarre, Prefect General of the Ministry of Security
Subject: Andorra

Comrade Prefect,

As you are well aware, these recent rumors of civil unrest in Andorra could threaten to undo everything that the Party has worked for.
While I have sent detachments of the Revolutionary Army to the region, unless a rebellion occurs these forces will not amount to much.
I would like for you to send a squadron of Prefects to infiltrate the ex-Andorran government and those officials currently in power.
Find out if they are planning anything that would be potentially dangerous to state security and if you discover that grievous acts are taking place;
kill them.

[/code]

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl