Funny national DoWs

Ghuxalia

Every war, there are those nations that like to ease the tensions with a humourous declaration of war. This is a compilation of those declarations.

"IRON vs NPO" (Not funny, just fail)
[i]Nothing funny at all in the forty most recent![/i]
"IRON my shirt!"
"Throw away arms: Peace!"
"YOUR a towel"
"F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5" - Not from the global conflict, but humourous nonetheless.
"Declaration of War!"
"Eph 6:11" [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+6%3A11-13&version=NIV](Read it here)[/url]
"To upset the hippies"
"I dont need trades to win" - This will be interesting to watch. http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=118504
"insert good line here"
"Allergic to Felines" (declared on STA)
"Tiger tastes like chicken?"

That's 10 funny DoWs in the 160 most recent wars as of the time of this post. The current alliances fighting really need to work on their humour skills.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the plural of "declaration of war" is "declarations of war" but when you pluaralize an acronym, you put an "s" at the end of the acronym, making the proper plural "DoWs." Reference the term "attorney general" with the acronym of "AG." The plural is "attorneys general" but the plural of the acronym is "AGs." "Declaration of war" and "attorney general" are examples of what's called a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_plural#Plurals_of_compound_nouns"]compound noun[/url].

As for funny DoWs, my favorite was "Hey everybody! F5F5F5F5F5!" from TOP/CNG. It was Doitzel, Schatt, or RV that did it (don't remember who) and served to really break up the tension that was building on blitz night.

Fark has been known to DoW with the Tinyurl for the Rickroll.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='hertugen' timestamp='1322578187' post='2855825']
Back in GATO, a million years ago, two guys and I did:
-"You been hit by"
-"You been struck by"
-"A smooth criminal"
[/quote]

Um, GOONS v1 did that, too. Pretty sure we were first.

Most GOONS declarations are top-notch.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1322636695' post='2856716']
Um, GOONS v1 did that, too. Pretty sure we were first.

Most GOONS declarations are top-notch.
[/quote]
OMG, you GOONs are sooooo cool. I am sure you were first. You are SO original, and everybody wants to be just like you! Or, you know, GATO did it first, and you lot are just copy cats.

[quote name='hertugen' timestamp='1322647232' post='2856824']
OMG, you GOONs are sooooo cool. I am sure you were first. You are SO original, and everybody wants to be just like you! Or, you know, GATO did it first, and you lot are just copy cats.
[/quote]

Amazing post, one you can be proud of.

[quote name='hertugen' timestamp='1322647232' post='2856824']
[/quote]

YouTube comment of the year.